ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bones... this is for you Re: ISU

Looks like I'm winnin 2 basketball championships this year...

Not so confident now are we NN...if the Redbirds get in I have a feeling this will be the last year of the MVC being considered a Mid Major power. Word is WSU is gone by next year and then the conference takes on a whole new and lesser profile come tourney time....and trust me I love the MVC but it's not in a good place these days.

With no football, the MVC can survive with nine members.

Word is also WSU is looking to add football to further raise their "brand" and join another conference = more TV $

Not so confident now are we NN...if the Redbirds get in I have a feeling this will be the last year of the MVC being considered a Mid Major power. Word is WSU is gone by next year and then the conference takes on a whole new and lesser profile come tourney time....and trust me I love the MVC but it's not in a good place these days.
Well... I am a Bradley guy, and "Normally" I would love to see ISU lose. The MVC, however, needs to get both teams in the NCAA's. The fact that it wasn't a close game puts the Redbirds back on the bubble IMO. A few other teams need to step it up soon, otherwise your prediction will be realized. You are a SIU grad right Edgy?

Robbed, screwed, ripped, jipped, dissed, and cheated to say the least. Inexcusable!!! Edgy called it... they are bastards.

They didn't beat anyone except Wichita State at home. WSU didn't beat anyone either. ISU's toughest game was TCU and the lost to them. TCU was also a bubble team. The Redbirds also lost to Tulsa and Murray State. WSU lost to Michigan State and the Spartans were pretty bad this year. They also got smoked by Oklahoma state. I get it that no one wants to play MVC teams but those teams had some chances in the non-conference and didn't capitalize

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT