ADVERTISEMENT

Off The Subject

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
This is not football related. Wait, yes it is! LOL. I am wondering if any of you can help with recommendations on a gas grill. I haven't bought a new one since 1996. There are so many out there. I have a Weber grill now. I don't know if it's just getting old. But this damned thing is so hot. The flame does recede when I turn it down. But, I think the flame is set up too close to the grill.

Any ideas? I don't want to get too crazy with price, but I will pay for one that performs well. Thank you!!

Forgot to add. Three...maybe four burners if the price is right. All my kids are out of the house and I don't need a behemoth.

The basic 2 burner Weber Genesis 2 grills are good. Burners are big enough where you can still cook enough for 4 at one time. Won't break the bank and they do last awhile. I have been impressed with the Blackstone griddles. Wasn't a believer until a buddy used one and I watched. Pretty cool.

Reactions: EdgyTim
Only thing I love more than some hot CPL action? My new grill. I went the Cadillac route though, but let me tell you it's worth every damn penny. Summit E-470. Just got it a few weeks ago but I've used it on average 2-3x a week. If you plan on using it frequently go big. Smoke box, rotisserie, 4 burners, sear station, the whole nine 9 yards. It is huge though. Once summer hits I plan on using it even more frequently.

The basic 2 burner Weber Genesis 2 grills are good. Burners are big enough where you can still cook enough for 4 at one time. Won't break the bank and they do last awhile. I have been impressed with the Blackstone griddles. Wasn't a believer until a buddy used one and I watched. Pretty cool.
I bought the Weber Spirit 3 burner last summer. About $450. Wifey wouldn’t let me spend more. Works pretty good.

I have 5 grills.

Weber Genesis- E330 with the sear station and side burner. I love this grill. Heats evenly and holds temperature well.

Weber Smokey Mountain 22in smoker- This is for smoking ribs, brisket, chickens,etc... This is the best during football season. Keeps me occupied all day.

Weber Kettle- Original. My father in law got it when he moved near the Palatine Weber manufacturing headquarters. Gave it to me. Works like a charm. Pictured below.

harris62wooddale2.jpg

Weber Q2200- Strictly for tailgating. Smaller but works great.

Weber Smokey Joe- Little grill that I've used twice and only bought because it was 9.99 at target.

If I were to get something that is not a Weber I'd go with a Blackstone. I've heard great things.

Bought a Saber a few years ago. Its has a sealed-type grill surface below the grill bars, so it is not open to the flames. 3 burner. Its awesome, can get superhot for searing, like the infrared, without the infrared. I only grill on it, I have a smoker for other applications.
Next purchase is a blackstone flat top.

Last edited:
Reactions: eagles2k3
2 burner Weber here. Can’t go wrong and it has plenty of room to grill. We entertained a lot (before Covid) and I never have needed bigger.

2 burner Weber here. Can’t go wrong and it has plenty of room to grill. We entertained a lot (before Covid) and I never have needed bigger.
I actually used one of those yesterday for a school event. I kind of liked it.

Whatever you do get something with a side sear burner. Game changer. Mine gets to something crazy like 1800 degrees. Gives meat a nice char without making the inside dried out.

This is not football related. Wait, yes it is! LOL. I am wondering if any of you can help with recommendations on a gas grill. I haven't bought a new one since 1996. There are so many out there. I have a Weber grill now. I don't know if it's just getting old. But this damned thing is so hot. The flame does recede when I turn it down. But, I think the flame is set up too close to the grill.

Any ideas? I don't want to get too crazy with price, but I will pay for one that performs well. Thank you!!
Weber with the Weber connect. It gives you spot on updates regarding heat of grill and meat. Right to your smart phone. It’s really cool!

If looking at griddles - blackstone is the popular one but camp chef has a 4 burner griddle / grill combo. You remove the griddle to use the grill

Weber Performer you cook with charcoal but has a propane starter. Best of both worlds.

ADVERTISEMENT