ADVERTISEMENT

Off season round ball thread

Belleville West played a little bit better in the 2nd, but a lack of inspiration in the 1st was traded for an almost timid defensive effort out of concern for foul troubles. Evanston playing loose, but focused.

Coach Muniz said during postgame last night that they'd watch Evanston four times at Centralia, so they knew them pretty well. One of those was a 12-point loss to Alton, a team BW beat 3 of 4, maybe that and the rout of Curie led to overconfidence.

Coach Muniz said during postgame last night that they'd watch Evanston four times at Centralia, so they knew them pretty well. One of those was a 12-point loss to Alton, a team BW beat 3 of 4, maybe that and the rout of Curie led to overconfidence.

It definitely looked that way in the 1st half, especially in that 1st quarter.

Belleville West waking up, but still playing very tentative defense because of the foul trouble and Evanston doing a good job of exploiting that by attacking.

BND All-Area team:

I'd take the first team (all SWC) over any combo of from any conference in the country. (Maybe swap Malik with Brazil.)

FIRST TEAM

EJ Liddell, Belleville West, sr. (20.2 ppg., 62 percent FG, 9.3 rpg., 3.4 assists, 3.8 blocks)

Donovan Clay, Alton, sr. (17.8 ppg., 74 percent FG, 5.6 rpg., 3 assists)

Lawrence Brazil III, Belleville West, sr. (12..6 ppg., 2 rebounds, 4.4 assists)

Terrence Hargrove Jr., East St. Louis, sr. (18.5 ppg, 46 prcent FG, 9 rpg., 3.3 blocked shots)

Ray’Sean Taylor, Collinsville, jr. (21.3 ppg., 50 percent FG, 69 3-poinnt FG, 5,6 rpg., 3.3 assista, 1.7 steals)

SECOND TEAM
Sam LaPorta, Highland, sr. (15.1 ppg, 62 percent FG percentage, 6.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists)

Keith Randolph Jr. Belleville West, sr. (9,3 ppg, 57 percent FG, 7.5 rpg.)

Marshall Harrison, Collinsville, sr. (12.6 ppg, 54 percent FG, 4.6 rebounds)

Malik Smith, Alton, sr. (13.4 ppg., 48 percent FG, 4 rebounds, 2.6 assists)

(Tie) Richard Robinson, East St. Louis, sr. (7.1 ppg. 6.1 rpg.)

Bryce Zupan, Civic Memorial, sr. (20.0 ppg., 55 3-point FG, 4.6 rpg., 2..8 assists)

THIRD TEAM
Elijah Rice, East St. Louis, sr. (7.2 pg., 3 rebounds, 3 assists)

Greg Wells, Althoff, jr. (13 ppg., 3 rpg, 2 assists)

Luke Ervie, Freeburg, jr. (18. ppg., 50 percent FG,. 65 3-point FG, 4 2 assists)

Will Shumpert, Belleville West, sr. (9.5 ppg., 4.4 rebounds)

(Tie) Malik Green, Mascoutah, sr. (11.1 ppg., 3.2 rpg.)

Shaun Riley II, O’Fallon, soph. (11.6 ppg., 47 percent FG 6.6 rebounds)

Reactions: flyerforlife
BND All-Area team:

I'd take the first team (all SWC) over any combo of from any conference in the country. (Maybe swap Malik with Brazil.)

FIRST TEAM

EJ Liddell, Belleville West, sr. (20.2 ppg., 62 percent FG, 9.3 rpg., 3.4 assists, 3.8 blocks)

Donovan Clay, Alton, sr. (17.8 ppg., 74 percent FG, 5.6 rpg., 3 assists)

Lawrence Brazil III, Belleville West, sr. (12..6 ppg., 2 rebounds, 4.4 assists)

Terrence Hargrove Jr., East St. Louis, sr. (18.5 ppg, 46 prcent FG, 9 rpg., 3.3 blocked shots)

Ray’Sean Taylor, Collinsville, jr. (21.3 ppg., 50 percent FG, 69 3-poinnt FG, 5,6 rpg., 3.3 assista, 1.7 steals)

SECOND TEAM
Sam LaPorta, Highland, sr. (15.1 ppg, 62 percent FG percentage, 6.9 rebounds, 2.8 assists)

Keith Randolph Jr. Belleville West, sr. (9,3 ppg, 57 percent FG, 7.5 rpg.)

Marshall Harrison, Collinsville, sr. (12.6 ppg, 54 percent FG, 4.6 rebounds)

Malik Smith, Alton, sr. (13.4 ppg., 48 percent FG, 4 rebounds, 2.6 assists)

(Tie) Richard Robinson, East St. Louis, sr. (7.1 ppg. 6.1 rpg.)

Bryce Zupan, Civic Memorial, sr. (20.0 ppg., 55 3-point FG, 4.6 rpg., 2..8 assists)

THIRD TEAM
Elijah Rice, East St. Louis, sr. (7.2 pg., 3 rebounds, 3 assists)

Greg Wells, Althoff, jr. (13 ppg., 3 rpg, 2 assists)

Luke Ervie, Freeburg, jr. (18. ppg., 50 percent FG,. 65 3-point FG, 4 2 assists)

Will Shumpert, Belleville West, sr. (9.5 ppg., 4.4 rebounds)

(Tie) Malik Green, Mascoutah, sr. (11.1 ppg., 3.2 rpg.)

Shaun Riley II, O’Fallon, soph. (11.6 ppg., 47 percent FG 6.6 rebounds)

I disagree, I would take the ACC and possibly the Big 10 over the SWC!

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Joe Muniz has stepped down as coach at Belleville West after two consecutive Class 4A state titles.
He will be taking on the role of the school's assistant athletic director.
Joins a growing list of metro-east coaches exiting their posts this spring.

I can not decide which is worse: resurrection of a hoops thread leading up to Week 8 of this football season - or - coverage of HS basketball in the Sun-Times that can equal or exceed the football coverage during the fall season. I know, and let's say it all together, "Then don't read the thread, dummy!"

I can not decide which is worse: resurrection of a hoops thread leading up to Week 8 of this football season - or - coverage of HS basketball in the Sun-Times that can equal or exceed the football coverage during the fall season. I know, and let's say it all together, "Then don't read
the thread, dummy!"

I only have about a week of football left, sadly.

There must be some women’s sports forum you can take this thread to, no?
That's what I did...

ADVERTISEMENT