ADVERTISEMENT

Number (s) and CCL Stuff

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
155 - 165. Any guesses?

After the 2019 season, I am under the impression the CCL will be changing. Is this a plausible scenario? I think the coaches may be OK with this, but not the AD's?

Three teams go into one CCL Division while the other two go into another one.

PC-BR-SR and Green schools (Larry, Meteor and MA)

Bronco-LA and Green Schools (MC, Friar and Iggy)

Can Iggy, Larry, MC, Friar and Meteor handle this? Schedule "tomato cans" in Weeks 1/2.

I have no idea what to do with the Red.

Bump DPP into the Jesuit division, St. Joe to the Metro and Leo to the Metro or a charter/military academy CPS division.

ALL the Blue and Green coaches want two divisions...Small schools do not and feel they will lose their programs if two divisions happen. Parity formula will be in place unless more schools drop football.

ALL the Blue and Green coaches want two divisions...Small schools do not and feel they will lose their programs if two divisions happen. Parity formula will be in place unless more schools drop football.

Since they couldn't come up with the obvious 3 division alignment for 2018 & 2019, and it seems to be about parity these days, I will be submitting this format to the CCL Board of Directors for their spring meeting at the Chicago Hilton in 2018.

Two 7 team divisions.

CITY
Brother Rice
De La Salle
DePaul
Leo
Mount Carmel
Saint Ignatius
Saint Rita

SUBURBAN
Fenwick
Loyola
Marmion
Montini
Saint Joseph
Saint Laurence
Providence

Week 1 is a non con. Preferably an ESCC challenge (BR-Marist, Naz-Montini, MC-JC, Friar-Don, etc). For the remaining smaller CCL schools, I will find an appropriate CPS opponent.

Rotational crossovers during the weeks when a team doesn't have an interdivisional opponent.

Week 9 would be a crossover based on standings for 1 thru 7.

The buyout option would be exercised for Hope Academy after the 2019 season concludes. Or would be replacement if a certain school in the City does not have a program at that time.

See you in 2020.

I think that this looks awesome, problem is De Paul Prep and St. Joe's will cry and say NO WAY

That is the way to do it. Keeps MC-SR-BR and Montini-Marmion intact. Winner of the Divisional CCL title game week 9 goes to CFP.

Last edited:
CITY
Brother Rice
De La Salle
DePaul
Leo
Mount Carmel
Saint Ignatius
Saint Rita

SUBURBAN
Fenwick
Loyola
Marmion
Montini
Saint Joseph
Saint Laurence
Providence
Wouldn't Depaul, Leo and Joe's balk at this setup? All three would be virtually guaranteed of never making the playoffs.

Wouldn't Depaul, Leo and Joe's balk at this setup? All three would be virtually guaranteed of never making the playoffs.

Those teams should just work harder.

Could do like the SWSC and put all the teams together and just randomly select a schedule that hurts the most beloved program in the whole damn conference.

Yes, they would balk at this setup. I do like OrangeWhips's City/Suburban idea, but without Mr. Joseph Leo DePaul.

SR-MC-BC (3 Blue teams) mixed in with Iggy and Meteor.

PC-LA-Bronco-Larry-Friar-Marmion.

Suburban gets six because 1. Those are the suburban schools and 2. There are three Blue teams in the City Division.

All we would need for this to be complete is to have Chicago Marist join the City Division and then have Joe-Leo-GT either find new conferences, form their own conference and invite others or have a three-team conference and play Home-Away games and play one crossover. Not sure if IHSA would allow a three-team conference.

If Marist accepts: Five conference games, one crossover game and three non-conference games or Five conference games, two crossover games and two non-conference games.

Last year when i posted MC-SR was a crossover i WAS correct, i never specified who was not in the Blue LOL

Reactions: RockSoup
I've heard Marist has no interest in doing anything related to the CCL from a boys side - they have a relative cakewalk as a top 1-3 team in pretty much all sports in the ESCC and that would most likely not happen in the CCL.

I've heard Marist has no interest in doing anything related to the CCL from a boys side - they have a relative cakewalk as a top 1-3 team in pretty much all sports in the ESCC and that would most likely not happen in the CCL.

I am well aware it's a pipe dream, so to speak. From a football standpoint, it just makes total sense in OrangeWhips's City division.

Last year when i posted MC-SR was a crossover i WAS correct, i never specified who was not in the Blue LOL
Yes, you were. Come on, DOS, you knew exactly what Frank was going to do! LOL. I wondered if MC has asked or will ask to play SR in a home/away non-conference series for 2018 & 19. Not gonna happen, though.

Funny, I've heard exact opposite, that there has been much blowback from alums, parents, etc that they want regular matchups with the Blue teams (and MC, StL) and are tired of having no rivals & dealing with trips to Mundelein and other outposts to play conference foes. I've been told it's inevitable, will happen within next couple years & that girl's sports are the hangup at this time.

Funny, I've heard exact opposite, that there has been much blowback from alums, parents, etc that they want regular matchups with the Blue teams (and MC, StL) and are tired of having no rivals & dealing with trips to Mundelein and other outposts to play conference foes. I've been told it's inevitable, will happen within next couple years & that girl's sports are the hangup at this time.

Won't happen. Its not like those parents wont send their kids to Marist over it.

The switch over in theory will help Frank keep his All-Time wins record but its probably too late. Leonard will pass him this year or next.

I am still not certain why CCL Blue teams play Marist in any sport. It is a difficult non-conference game that gives the CCL teams nothing to gain.

If I am Marist I do not join the CCL as there is nothing to gain. They have a stronger enrollment than any nearby CCL competitor and get just enough of a challenge from other ESCC with plenty of easy games as well.

ADVERTISEMENT