ADVERTISEMENT

Not a Good Friday night for Julian Love

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
11 CBs selected in the first 3 rounds including 7 taken with a lower draft grade than Julian....fingers crossed he goes early tomorrow

Definitely must be a disappointment for him, but hopefully he lands in a good spot for him tomorrow after his long wait.

Would look great as a backup CB in Chicago though.

I’d grab him Bears! He’ll get drafted tomorrow early and have a great career and make more money then what I’m assuming is most of us!

Reactions: Bowie50
Did he get some bad advice?

The following is from an article on Julian from ESPN dated Jan. 4, 2019;

"Love told reporters at the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic last week that he received a second-round grade from NFL scouts at the end of his junior season.

He is considered the No. 3 and No. 4 cornerback, respectively, in the latest positional rankings by ESPN's Todd McShay and Mel Kiper Jr."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/s...son-notre-dame-fighting-irish-enter-nfl-draft

The deadline to decide whether to enter the draft as a junior was Jan. 14, 2019. As fans we don't know everything that goes into the decision to enter the draft that Julian Love had to consider, but based on those evaluations what would you have told Julian to do?

Pick 108 to the Giants. Doesn’t matter where he went, he’s an NFL player now. Plenty of 4th rounders have done great things in the league

Chris Hinton Northwestwrn
Steve Largent
Andre Reed
Charles Haley
Tarik Cohen
Dak Prescott
Chris Hinton was the 4th overall pick! I really only know that from watching Elway to Marino 30 for 30. He was part of the Elway trade with the Colts. He was originally drafted 4th by the Broncos.

Reactions: UlbKA91
Pick 108 to the Giants. Doesn’t matter where he went, he’s an NFL player now. Plenty of 4th rounders have done great things in the league

Chris Hinton Northwestwrn
Steve Largent
Andre Reed
Charles Haley
Tarik Cohen
Dak Prescott
Very true, but that's a 700k a year swing.

My mistake on Hinton. Love will be just fine. Money will take care of itself when he proves he can play in the league

Reactions: Gene K.
I am a big Love fan and wanted the Bears to get him.

I think some question his speed but he is so physical and a big competitor. I think he will do well in the NFL.

Reactions: Gene K.
Julian Love was the real deal at Nazareth where I played against him as well as he was at ND. You see how much ND secondary got exposed with him on the sidelines of the semi final game vs Clemson? Julian will be just fine if can stay healthy. Look forward to cheering him on over the years. ESCC stand up.

Julian Love was the real deal at Nazareth where I played against him as well as he was at ND. You see how much ND secondary got exposed with him on the sidelines of the semi final game vs Clemson? Julian will be just fine if can stay healthy. Look forward to cheering him on over the years. ESCC stand up.

Watching Clemson tear up the secondary after he went out was a clear indicator for me that he was on a different level then everyone else in that backfield. He should get a chance to compete right away on the Giants and show people up. Going to be great watching him go up against Baker on the same team as they were both up for the Jim Thorpe award (Baker took it home).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT