ADVERTISEMENT

New: Week 6 IHSA Football Coaches polls are here

The poll makes little to no sense.

In 8A, Notre Dame ranked #12?? Sure, nice win over Naz, but c'mon. Ranked higher than New Trier and Rice?
In 7A, Naz hasn't scored in two weeks, yet they are ranked 11th
In 6A Deerfield loses 19-6 to Vernon Hills, yet Deerfield is #9 while Vernon Hills, which is unbeaten is #17
In 5A, Marmion beat Fenwick and yes, you guessed it, Fenwick is ranked 12th and Marmion is listed as 16th.
Also in 5A, who the heck did Payton beat? Have they even played and how are they even listed?
and again in 5A, how can Montini be ranked when they wouldn't play Loyola or Viator?

I'm thinking that LA deserves a #1 ranking based on strength of schedule. If they beat #5 Marist and don't move up to finish the season at #1, then Loyola posters need to take to this board and become more confrontational.

Look at you! Hahaha Ramblinman
I could argue LWE is still #1. 8A state champions and haven’t lost a game this spring. Don’t they have to lose to be dethroned? Lol
We’re splitting hairs between these two programs. I give you an A for effort trying to rally the Loyola loyalists! 😊👍

• Love
Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Look at you! Hahaha Ramblinman
I could argue LWE is still #1. 8A state champions and haven’t lost a game this spring. Don’t they have to lose to be dethroned? Lol

Nah, I think the schedule thing, plus pretty much every other poll except Edgy's coaches poll, should tell you who is really #1. In your heart of hearts, you know I'm right. :)

I have never seen a piece of paper make a tackle or break one. So much for rankings when approached like that. That being said rankings are fun for kids and parents

only rankings Coaches worry about is that playoff seeding.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Look, Loyola is really really good this year, but beating Marist is not a foregone conclusion. Marist is a very good football team. Lots of size and speed.
Marist is definitely solid and not to be underestimated. But, I think there are moments in a coach's tenure when he really wants his team to make a statement, and I think this weekend is probably one of those moments. I don't think Holecek even needs to say much, if anything at all, to his team about it. They know.

ADVERTISEMENT