ADVERTISEMENT

NCC @ Mulenberg Saturday

Absolutely Edge, and if you take a look at their roster, you'll see that over 90 per cent of the players are from schools in the Chicago area as well as from around the state ranging from small 1 & 2A schools to the largest 8A programs some of championship caliber...That program started it's turnaround when John Thorne came in and changed the philosophy and culture of the program..then turned it over to Jeff...More importantly, NCC is a fantastic educational institution as well.

Absolutely Edge, and if you take a look at their roster, you'll see that over 90 per cent of the players are from schools in the Chicago area as well as from around the state ranging from small 1 & 2A schools to the largest 8A programs some of championship caliber...That program started it's turnaround when John Thorne came in and changed the philosophy and culture of the program..then turned it over to Jeff...More importantly, NCC is a fantastic educational institution as well.

And to think John Thorne had to fight tooth and nail just to get that job and when he took over the program a few of the CCIW coaches thought he would fail miserably since was just a high school coach. NCC had never had three consecutive 8 win season in their entire history and right now they are at 15 in a row.

Here is some pre game info, the game will be broadcast on ESPN3 at 11am today.

Game Preview
https://www.d3football.com/seasons/2019/contrib/20191211mawi34

Predictions
http://www.d3blogs.com/d3football/2019/12/13/quick-hits-predicting-the-semifinals-2/

My daughter is a proud NCC grad both with her BS and Master's degree. She received an excellent education and was Captain of the Cheerleading Squad.

She was there prior to the football and basketball turnarounds under John Thorne and Todd Riordon, both whom have totally changed the programs and brought them regular national recognition. And Jeff Thorne is continuing the football tradition.

Any student-athlete whom wants to continue playing their sport and may not quite have the D1/D2 requirements, would do well to check out NCC. A truly great place.

Go, CARDS, beat the Mules!!

Cardinals go up 7-0 after they intercepted a Mule pass and eventually converted the turnover into a TD on a Brock Rutter pass..

Cardinals go up 14-0 on a 53 yard pass from Rutter to Blake Williams...and on the ensuring kickoff. Muhlenberg fumbles and NCC recovers!

21-0 now as Rutter hits Andrew Kamienski on a 22 yard TD pass..It's Kamienski's second TD catch of the game...NCC has converted two turnovers into TDs..

This game is going to get ugly NCC Oline is man handling them.
I don't know who this Muhlenberg team was playing because they had only given up 18 points in their last 5 games..this is awesome..the offensive line is giving Broc time to throw precise passes...

Cardinals hold and get the ball back..If they can go another one in the end zone, I don't see how Muhlenberg comes back..

Any student-athlete whom wants to continue playing their sport and may not quite have the D1/D2 requirements, would do well to check out NCC. A truly great place.
Makes it tough at almost 37k a year though

Awesome half of football by the Cardinals. That OL is mauling the Mules.

My oldest boy got accepted to Marquette, Butler, Dayton, Xavier, Indiana, and NCC. He chose to stay home and be a Cardinal. It’s the best decision he’s ever made. Great education in a fantastic setting.

Broc Rutter thus far is 16-23 for 193 yds, 112 of which have been to Andrew Kamienski who has 4 TDs..RB Ethan Greenfiel has 132 yds rushing Muhlenberg has 32 yds rushing and has 91 total yards of offense..and 2 turnovers..

I don't know who this Muhlenberg team was playing because they had only given up 18 points in their last 5 games..this is awesome..the offensive line is giving Broc time to throw precise passes...

Obviously they have been playing no one, I’m amazed Mulhelenberg made it this far.

21-0 now as Rutter hits Andrew Kamienski on a 22 yard TD pass..It's Kamienski's second TD catch of the game...NCC has converted two turnovers into TDs..
He should be playing at minimum FCS ball.

Rutter is a 3 time CCIW Art Keller Offensive POY award winner.
He will be a huge loss for the Cards next season.
I know I'm being Captain Obvious here but he is really good.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Rutter was on an NFL roster next year. Probably not drafted, but I think his skill set is there. Practice squad most likely with an intent to develop his skill set.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT