ADVERTISEMENT

Naz #1 in IL - Max Preps

tsk, tsk, tsk! What kinda of points do I get Stonedlizard for the tsk, tsk tsk? Notice, I capitalized your name so that should get me at least one point alone!

Didn’t @ me, poor message board utilization and no one likes a brown noser. No points.

Reactions: Gene K.
Reactions: mchsalumni
I'll bring it up again next off-season and expect your full support.

Oh you saw it.

The move down is not a punishment

I saw it and I would have no problem with it. I don’t think it would make Illinois HS football stronger but if the Private’s are not happy and want to leave then so be it.

true, but BR; LWE; LA all would have handled NAZ as well

Not really concerned with teams not in the state finals but I've seen both Loyola and Naz a couple of times at the games last year and my money would be on Naz head to head.

When you can recruit from all over the state,enrollment does not matter to qualify to play 8A football,Especially when you roster is larger than most public schools.

So who did Montini recruit this year because I would like to know?

Do you know about any big losses Montini lost this year?

Recruiting too as you call it has very little to do with depth. Depth is a product of the enrollment size of your school.

Reactions: Gene K.
I would love to see Naz play LWE. Seriously I think it would be a great game.

I would rather Naz play East St Louis week 1 and Loyola week 2 this year just to get some questions answered. Then give them a couple easy games break weeks 3 and 4 to relax a bit.

I would rather Naz play East St Louis week 1 and Loyola week 2 this year just to get some questions answered. Then give them a couple easy games break weeks 3 and 4 to relax a bit.

Why? Why not East? Don’t you think that would be a really good game?

Why? Why not East? Don’t you think that would be a really good game?

Yes but there are just other teams I want to see first. I rather watch LWE play BR or MS.

Ultimately I would like to see LWE play a Ohio powerhouse team.

Ultimately I would like to see LWE play a Ohio powerhouse team.
LWE could benefit from an out-of-state elite opponent middle to late in the season, but such is difficult to arrange. Nobody in their conference can give them a close game or take them the distance, including H-F of late. After scheduling tough openers in Weeks 1 & 2 annually, the Griffins may lose some of their edge finishing up their weakish league schedule and Round 1 playoff game. Maybe their first meeting ever vs sister school LWW in Week 9 could produce a good pre-playoff test this season. West has a history of ability to pound the rock which might keep East offensive weapons on the sideline some?

LWE could benefit from an out-of-state elite opponent middle to late in the season, but such is difficult to arrange. Nobody in their conference can give them a close game or take them the distance, including H-F of late. After scheduling tough openers in Weeks 1 & 2 annually, the Griffins may lose some of their edge finishing up their weakish league schedule and Round 1 playoff game. Maybe their first meeting ever vs sister school LWW in Week 9 could produce a good pre-playoff test this season. West has a history of ability to pound the rock which might keep East offensive weapons on the sideline some?

I am with you. It would be great to see East play an top out of state school.

I'll put CBC, Rockhurst, Blue Spring, SLUH, against the LWE, LA, MC, et cetera annually.

Trinity, et al, against 6A in lower.

Lamar against 3A and lower ...

Rockhurst has been down last few tears SLUH is not competitive. As far as CBC and Blue Springs I will take LWE and LA

Reactions: net-se
To be fair in '17 we had them beat with a true freshman playing QB the whole 2nd half (lol true freshman)... Until an unlikely 75 yard hail Mary on 4th and 25 with a minute to go.

To be fair in '17 we had them beat with a true freshman playing QB the whole 2nd half (lol true freshman)... Until an unlikely 75 yard hail Mary on 4th and 25 with a minute to go.

I guess that one hurt.
Bones you know the W is the only thing that counts unless your playing horse shoes or corn hole! Lol

Reactions: Cross Bones
I guess that one hurt.
Bones you know the W is the only thing that counts unless your playing horse shoes or corn hole! Lol
It hurt, but not as bad as the broken leg to the QB at the end of the 1st half. That team was capable of winning it all until the injury. Also probably limited the opportunities at the next level for that player as he was having a breakout Sr season.

But the post I was responding to said no one could test LWE anymore in the conference, which I reject and provided an example of the testing.

Last edited:
Not to diminish the Raider effort, but that game was in Week 9 following LWE having "running-clocked" 4 of their 6 conference opponents in the preceding weeks, losing their edge some during that stretch?

Not to diminish the Raider effort, but that game was in Week 9 following LWE having "running-clocked" 4 of their 6 conference opponents in the preceding weeks, losing their edge some during that stretch?
So no one being able to challenge LWE includes a 28-14 game, a 29-7 game, and a last minute 75 yard hail Mary win on 4th and 25?

Just accept you were incorrect. In 18 LWE dominated though.

So no one being able to challenge LWE includes a 28-14 game, a 29-7 game, and a last minute 75 yard hail Mary win on 4th and 25?

Just accept you were incorrect. In 18 LWE dominated though.

Bones you know a win is win. No one said you can’t challenge them and no one is saying they are not beatable. Face close is not good enough and you know that. To me is a silly argument. That said love you Bones. Ha

Bones you know a win is win. No one said you can’t challenge them and no one is saying they are not beatable. Face close is not good enough and you know that. To me is a silly argument. That said love you Bones. Ha

@corey90 read the post from @woody6

In 2016 LWE lost to H-F and Bradley. Bradley won pretty handily.

In 2015 H-F beat LWE pretty good.

I think the point has been proven.

Last edited:
@corey90 read the post from @woody6

In 2016 LWE lost to H-F and Bradley. Bradley won pretty handily.

In 2015 H-F beat LWE pretty good.

I think the point has been proven.

Got ya Bones
I would never say any HS team isn’t beatable. They all are on any given night. If they played a series like Baseball then I think we have a different discussion.

Is this the same montini who got thrashed by brother rice week 9 and then lost in playoffs to 5A Joliet Catholic a team who had a running clock put on them by Nazareth who is a team who lost to Marist? 8a... you bet!
Tired argument, please delete. 'k thanks![/ Because you will loose argument every time except in your little world!

Moving this thread back to quarterbacks, if not to Naz specifically, it's hard to overlook that remarkable QBs that Maine South had about 10 years ago: Charlie Goro and Matt Alviti.

Last edited:
Moving this thread back to quarterbacks, if not to Naz specifically, it's hard to overlook that remarkable string of QBs that Maine South had about 10 years ago: Charlie Goro, Matt Perez, and Matt Alviti.
Perez?

This was a good spirited thread before the season. The great time of Edgy. Can't wait until August 2020.

Absolutely not. It is just reviewing good preseason discussion. No one really give a crap about being number 1 in Illinois on a message board! #17 USA Today is pretty cool though.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Are you really this insecure that you need to seek constant validation for rankings that are strictly opinion based? That's pretty sad.

Really Newt?? Obviously you didn't read any of the dialogue in this thread. It has NOTHIG to do with the ranking of ESL. Is that all that is on people mind is where ESL rank in Edgyland? This thread had 105 comments before the year started. I consider that a good thread. If you and others don't, I can accept your opinion. It's all good.

ADVERTISEMENT