ADVERTISEMENT

Naz #1 in IL - Max Preps

Mike Tomczak - Although I did not like him

Eric Kumerow

Donovan McNabb

Chuck Long

Otto Graham, Waukegan, 1938; Sean Price, Maine South, 2003;; Dusty Burk, Tuscola, 1997; Chuck Hartlieb, Marian Central, 1983;, 1980; Jon Beutjer, Wheaton Warrenville South, 1998; Kent Graham, Wheaton North, 1986; Kurt Kittner, Schaumburg, 1997; Zeke Bratkowski, Danville Schlarman, 1948; Tommy O'Connell, South Shore, 1947; Hiles Stout, Peoria Central, 1952; Ken Anderson, Batavia, 1966; Mark Carlson, Deerfield, 1975; Jim Finks, Salem, 1944; Juice Williams, Vocational, 2006; Antwaan Randle El, Thornton, 1996; Tim Brasic, Riverside-Brookfield, 2001; Jeff Hecklinski, Palatine, 1992.
He said last 20 years......

Eric Kumerow

Donovan McNabb

Chuck Long

Otto Graham, Waukegan, 1938; Sean Price, Maine South, 2003;; Dusty Burk, Tuscola, 1997; Chuck Hartlieb, Marian Central, 1983;, 1980; Jon Beutjer, Wheaton Warrenville South, 1998; Kent Graham, Wheaton North, 1986; Kurt Kittner, Schaumburg, 1997; Zeke Bratkowski, Danville Schlarman, 1948; Tommy O'Connell, South Shore, 1947; Hiles Stout, Peoria Central, 1952; Ken Anderson, Batavia, 1966; Mark Carlson, Deerfield, 1975; Jim Finks, Salem, 1944; Juice Williams, Vocational, 2006; Antwaan Randle El, Thornton, 1996; Tim Brasic, Riverside-Brookfield, 2001; Jeff Hecklinski, Palatine, 1992.
Uncle Rico, Ronnie Bass. Never mind, wrong state.

Donovan McNabb
If I remember right. McNabb was not a great passer in high school, very good maybe? It was scary to defend against his running ability. Saw him play all 3 times against JCA his junior & senior years. He was 1-2 against JCA when he played for the Caravan his Jr. / Sr. years.

If I remember right. McNabb was not a great passer in high school, very good maybe? It was scary to defend against his running ability. Saw him play all 3 times against JCA his junior & senior years. He was 1-2 against JCA when he played for the Caravan his Jr. / Sr. years.

Frank always said Mike McGrew was a better high school QB at MC.

Eric Kumerow

Donovan McNabb

Chuck Long

Jeff brother Randy was better.

Did you just read the headline or the initial post to go with it? Yes the headline sounds like someone might be excited to be preseason ranked top 100 in nation or 1 in Illinois BUT the entire point of the post was that the top rated team in Illinois was only 67 nationally and in their opinion that looked bad for the state. It could have been LWE or Loyola or anyone 67 in the nation and 1 in Illinois and the point would have been the same.

I still say MO football is better than IL.

Granted, CBC is only 70th in the nation, but the small schools in MO are taking on the top-ranked IL teams ... not to mention after Ritter plays NAZ, they have eight weeks to prep for 3A Althoff.

I have always thought that Naz and montini should be at 8A The last 5 yrs at least.

For starters they would need about 1000 to 1200 actual coed students in their schools just to cover depth issues playing other 8a schools every week.

And to do this you need to get people to come to our state to live here and not leaving the state in droves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relist8
For starters they would need about 1000 to 1200 actual coed students in their schools just to cover depth issues playing other 8a schools every week.

And to do this you need to get people to come to our state to live here and not leaving the state in droves.

Partial tired argument. Point on people leaving the state is fresh. +.5 points, will allow.

When you can recruit from all over the state,enrollment does not matter to qualify to play 8A football,Especially when you roster is larger than most public schools.

Yeah, 30 mile radius is not all over the state and Montini's roster is smaller than the majority of 8A schools and definitely smaller than the top 30 8A schools.

I'll put CBC, Rockhurst, Blue Spring, SLUH, against the LWE, LA, MC, et cetera annually.

Trinity, et al, against 6A in lower.

Lamar against 3A and lower ...
Top shelf vs top shelf may match up. How about the next tier down? Genuine question...

IMHO, the LWE, LA, MCs of IL are probably tier 2 schools in CA, TX and FL...

Yeah, 30 mile radius is not all over the state and Montini's roster is smaller than the majority of 8A schools and definitely smaller than the top 30 8A schools.

Not totally tired, but definitely not fresh. We'll allow it for now, but no points and you're skating on thin ice.

Top shelf vs top shelf may match up. How about the next tier down? Genuine question...

IMHO, the LWE, LA, MCs of IL are probably tier 2 schools in CA, TX and FL...
That's a legit question. I can't answer that.

STL ebbs and flows - the big names now, were not always. It used to be the Hazelwood East/West/Centrals that were great ... now it's occasional. SLU High - not always GREAT - but always competitive.

You also get the bootheel boys - down by Arkansas and the Cape ... SPEED ALL DAY!

SIDENOTE: Tony Van Zant, a Hazelwood product, this guy was a LEGEND when I was a kid. Only guy getting TV pub at that time, locally. Next player with that type of buzz was Hickey in 1990.

ADVERTISEMENT