ADVERTISEMENT

Naperville Central

LHSTigers94

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2004
According to USA Today, Naperville Central played #17 ESL, #20 Pickerington Central and #25 LWE.
All three are state Champs! They may have had the toughest schedule in the state this year.

NC has a good program but their problem has always been they think they are better then they are. Unless you are truly an elite team you shouldn’t be scheduling like that since you are just filling your schedule with loses.

NC has a good program but their problem has always been they think they are better then they are. Unless you are truly an elite team you shouldn’t be scheduling like that since you are just filling your schedule with loses.

I am sure going into the season they were only concerned about LWE and PC. I am sure ESL, HC and NV was a surprise.

According to the local D3 coach who knows a bit about their program, the problem was they brought in a bunch of skills guys, but didn't have the beef up front to make it all happen.

Last edited:
According to USA Today, Naperville Central played #17 ESL, #20 Pickerington Central and #25 LWE.
All three are state Champs! They may have had the toughest schedule in the state this year.

I called this in the beginning of the season. If I am not mistaken another poster said they have the same schedule next year.

Curious how they would have done if they got in at 5-4. But it they didn’t have blocking it wouldn’t have helped in November.

I'm sure nothing on the schedule was a surprise to NC. They played HC the year before. They play NV every year. ESL isn't exactly a no name. Everyone saw Pickerington dismantle a good Phillips on TV. LWE was coming off of a fantastic but season with a disappointing ending.

....so...I got that goin’ for me..

It will be very interesting to see the growth from 2019 to 2020 against those teams. I suspect and hope the kids will rise up to the challenge.

Went to nc v lwe game. Was shocked how small the OL was for NC. For a school that size hard to believe.

Now, their halftime show was great and then the stands were empty. All the band parents left.

I called this in the beginning of the season. If I am not mistaken another poster said they have the same schedule next year.
Pick Central can’t come to IL to play. OH teams can only travel to bordering states, so they are off the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT