ADVERTISEMENT

Naperville Central Needs to become a National Team

Randy Redskin

Apr 10, 2017
Naperville
Ya....I just said it. Given the state of the DVC (for lack of a better conference), they should become the IMG of the Midwest. They gave that team from Ohio a good run (35-7) who was on ESPN a few weeks before. They should actually promote the Sophomore Head Coach to Varsity because the guy never loses. Now we're talkin'!!!!

Actually I think NC will be one of the top teams in the Last year of the 9 team DVC.

They were competitive in all but a couple of their games last year (1st game of the season had a rough outing against a very good Glenbard North and were in it against Ohio St Ed team until they turned the ball over a bunch and the game got away from them) and finished 4-5 just missing the playoffs.

They had a lot of Juniors starting last year and hearing a couple of transfers might be heading their way to fill a couple of key spots that graduated.

They will be pushed and have a battle on their hands against Glenbard and Waubonsie but I would be surprised if they don't finish in the top 3 of the DVC at a minimum and make a decent playoff run.

That's not to say I think they are good enough to roam the country like IMG, but by your sarcastic jest comments it seems to indicate you don't think very highly of their team and that would be a mistake and I think NC will prove you wrong in the fall Randy.

By the way, I am a WV fan - so if anyone wanted to take shots at NC...It should be a Rivals Team fan like me!!l as it Sounds like you have an interest in the NC sophomore team from last year from your post. By the way- There is still a lot of time for Lil Johnny to win a startIng spot on the Varsity for the fall Randy!! Summer camp is still two months away!!!

Ya....I just said it. Given the state of the DVC (for lack of a better conference), they should become the IMG of the Midwest. They gave that team from Ohio a good run (35-7) who was on ESPN a few weeks before. They should actually promote the Sophomore Head Coach to Varsity because the guy never loses. Now we're talkin'!!!!

Before they go National I would concentrate on winning the DVC consistently, in the last 10 years how many times have they won it? Baby steps before you run.

0c3715f1bdd9d25ee6861d072ae71d67_can-someone-make-this-gif-so-it-says-where-we-throw-our-heads-point-and-laugh-meme_390-271.gif

Reactions: jwarigaku
You know what, I am an ALUM and FAN not a parent. The sophmore comment relates to the record for probably the last ten years.. How do you consistantly have undefeated SOPH teams that do not make the playoffs at the Varsity level?????????????????????? Obviously you have the talent there to be a national level program.. The only thing that prevents them from being a National Program seems to be varsity coaching.. What I was trying to say is maybe the varsity coach is down at the SOPH level..

You know what, I am an ALUM and FAN not a parent. The sophmore comment relates to the record for probably the last ten years.. How do you consistantly have undefeated SOPH teams that do not make the playoffs at the Varsity level?????????????????????? Obviously you have the talent there to be a national level program.. The only thing that prevents them from being a National Program seems to be varsity coaching.. What I was trying to say is maybe the varsity coach is down at the SOPH level..
Naperville Central has an OUTSTANDING head coach, who won a STATE TITLE just a few years back. When he was the head sophomore coach, they rarely lost. The Redhawks will be competing for a state title again this season. NC is lucky to have Mike Stine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT