ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: Fall Back and Spring Ahead

it’s more about those seniors that already have offers , like from MAC teams, and have a real chance of moving up with a good senior year. There are plenty of those that will never get the chance. I can think of a few running backs that played for good 8A programs but only started last year as juniors. They have offers but a 1,200 Td, 25 Td season (which would have happened), and the bigs could come in
Bingo, same could be said with many positions, as well as, now seniors that didn't play as juniors getting their chance on the field to get some D2, NAIA and D3 offers.

For all the same reasons that I have been harping on for the past several months, I think that a number of those states that are moving forward with fall football will likely wind up cancelling/postponing the season after it starts.

The IHSA could very well come out of this looking brilliant in their decision to postpone until spring.

What a shame it would be for those Illinois kids who transfer to a state that ultimately cancels the fall football season only to have kids from those states transfer to Illinois and wind up playing in the spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT