ADVERTISEMENT

My Changes to MLB

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
I would like several changes to be made to MLB baseball. Here are just some of them.

1. Dump both Florida teams - Neither one of the teams draw worth a crap even when they do win. The Marlins highest attendance was their first year. They built it and still no one will come. Tampa Bay's place is awful. Worst in baseball, along with their attendance. MLB baseball should be played in Florida only during spring training. There are too many MLB teams anyway. This also gives us an even number of teams in each league.

2. Put the Brewers and Astros back where they belong - Whose brainchild was this? Two MLB teams in Texas and both are AL teams. Put the Brewers back in the AL, where they started and the Astros back in the NL where they started. Doesn't make any sense at all.

3. End Inter-League play - This has been going on for 20+ years. The novelty has worn off on me. How many times do we need to talk about the Red Sox or Yankees visiting Wrigley? Let the AL only play the AL and NL play only the NL during the season. The only time they meet would be in spring training, the All Star game and World Series. It worked for 95 years.

4. Either You Have a DH or You Don't - This is the silliest thing in all of sports. When I was younger I liked the DH. But as I've grown older, I like the idea of the pitcher batting. I think it is harder to manage in the NL because the pitchers do hit.

5. Two Divisions in Each League - Let's go back to two, 7 team, divisions. The East and the West. Also, let's have a team from the other division come here twice during the season instead of only once. Let teams from one division play each team from the other division 12 times and play their own division teams 13 times. That equals 162 games. That is how it once was. I liked that.

6. End the Second Wild Card Spot - I might be OK with the second Wild Card if they played a three game series. It just seems dumb to say you are in the playoffs and right back out on the end of one more game. Either make it a three game series or do away with the WC game.

7. Have Regularly Scheduled Double Headers - They say players don't like double headers. But, I think I would like to play a few if that meant a few more days off too. But, we all know why they don't do this...really.

There are more things I'd like to see, but these are a few.

Reactions: Gene K.
1. They might move one of the FLA teams in the future but they are certainly not going to contract.
2. MIL is not going to want to move back to the AL. They get the Cubs 10 times in MIL. Other than opening day I would guess these are their top attendance games for the most part. It was Bud's idea. He wanted the rivalry with Chicago.
3. I don't really care about inter-league play. Keep it or take it away it won't bother me at all.
4. I agree you need to pick a lane. But no way the union is going to agree to take away a "starting" position player. There is a 75% chance, IMO, the DH comes to NL after next CBA.
5. There was a proposal to reorganize the leagues (cubs/sox in same div ect) and have 2 divisions in each. I would be on board.
6. Again, I don't mind 2nd WC. If you don't want to be in that situation win the DIV.
7. With the way pitchers are handled I doubt they would schedule normal DH. I'm not against it but I don't see it happening.

A lot of this is CBA dependent and the players got crushed last CBA. It will be interesting to see what happens next negotiations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT