PowerI66

Oct 11, 2012
Fremd @ Palatine
Barrington @ Conant
Hoffman @ Schaumburg
Hersey @ Prospect
Elk Grove @ Rolling Meadows
BG @ Wheeling

All of the PAFA kids have been invited to participate in the coin toss at the fremd v pal game. Should be fun for the kids.

Reactions: MS4EVER
Fremd @ Palatine- Give me Fremd in a close one. Although both teams are 1-3 this should be a good one. Pretty much a must win game for both programs if either are looking for a playoff birth.

Barrington @ Conant- Looking for Barrington to get back on track here after a tough home loss. I do think Conant gives them a decent game though, especially at home. Barrington closes it out in the second half.

Hoffman @ Schaumburg- This one really intrigues me. I think Schaumburg has been slept on all year and they knock off Hoffman. Definitely the game of the week in the West.

Hersey @ Prospect- It’s been tough to figure out just how good Hersey is. They’ve had a soft schedule but at the same time they’ve been taking care of business in dominating fashion. Prospect seems improved but I don’t think they can hang with Hersey for 4 quarters.

Elk Grove @ Rolling Meadows- ... Another 50+ point game for the Mustangs?... Another team I still don’t know just how good they are yet based on their soft schedule.

Buffalo Grove @ Wheeling- How good is BG without Trieb? Are they still a playoff team? Meanwhile Wheeling is coming off an extremely impressive comeback win last week. Maybe that gives them some life and they really test BG Friday. I’ll go with BG on this one though. Won’t get a good feel on the Bison until they play one of the top teams in the east.

Reactions: stonedlizard
Already has. Two programs in Palatine both are 1-3.
The Pirates are having a down year. They will be fine. Very strong program and I really like this new coach. Seems like a good guy. I'm really hoping Lou's Vikings make the PO's. He is a real asset to our community and I am in awe of his kindness, e.g. at the PAFA family night this summer, Lou introduced his "second in command." I believe the young was on the spectrum and he absolutely captivated the crowd. My understanding is that Lou tries to include everyone in the program and engages students with special needs. I would be proud to have my son play for him. I just may send my kids to Fremd instead of Loyola because of Lou Sponsel. Also, Fremd is a really good school academically, so that helps.

Palatine - Picking with my heart instead of my head
Barrington - Too much offense for Conant to handle
Hoffman - I think the experience of big games pays off here for the Hawks
Hersey - I think Hersey squeaks this one out
Rolling Meadows - running clock
BG - running clock

PAFA is in good hands now with its leadership.
Yes it is...even despite the fact that I'm involved. It is a terrific family! We love the whole group. Amazing people who give their significant time and talents to ensure that the kids, parents and opposing teams have a good experience. WE are lucky to have them!

Reactions: Gene K.
Palatine over Fremd
Barrington over Conant
Hoffman over Schaumburg
Prospect over Hersey (Upset Special)
Rolling Meadows over Elk Grove
BG over Wheeling

Well after tonight it looks like the MSL East will go through Hersey and Meadows (as expected) with... Prospect...? And... Wheeling..? Pushing for playoff births.

As for the West Hoffman now sits at 5-0 and might have got their toughest win out of the way already. I was really surprised to see Barrington go down tonight. There’s simply no easy game in the West this year. This is going to be a lot of fun.

The Pirates are having a down year. They will be fine. Very strong program and I really like this new coach. Seems like a good guy. I'm really hoping Lou's Vikings make the PO's. He is a real asset to our community and I am in awe of his kindness, e.g. at the PAFA family night this summer, Lou introduced his "second in command." I believe the young was on the spectrum and he absolutely captivated the crowd. My understanding is that Lou tries to include everyone in the program and engages students with special needs. I would be proud to have my son play for him. I just may send my kids to Fremd instead of Loyola because of Lou Sponsel. Also, Fremd is a really good school academically, so that helps.
How did I miss this thread until now...grr.

Everyone around Palatine knew this would be a down year. That said, they'll bounce right back next year. Currently 7 sophs up on varsity and lots of juniors seeing lots of time.

And I'm gonna make my Bartlett freshman prognostication right now.. Soph QB Ayala has the potential to be as good as Oles was, running back Todd will also be a star. If they can figure out the defense new peak Palatine will be current soph's senior year.

They brought Ayala down for the JV game on Friday to play with his squad against Fremd for homecoming( cool move coach!!) and he lit them up. Won 49-19 and that was with Ayala fumbling away the ball twice inside Fremd's 10, so it could have been 60+.

How did I miss this thread until now...grr.

Everyone around Palatine knew this would be a down year. That said, they'll bounce right back next year. Currently 7 sophs up on varsity and lots of juniors seeing lots of time.

And I'm gonna make my Bartlett freshman prognostication right now.. Soph QB Ayala has the potential to be as good as Oles was, running back Todd will also be a star. If they can figure out the defense new peak Palatine will be current soph's senior year.

They brought Ayala down for the JV game on Friday to play with his squad against Fremd for homecoming( cool move coach!!) and he lit them up. Won 49-19 and that was with Ayala fumbling away the ball twice inside Fremd's 10, so it could have been 60+.
Agree kp. Just don’t think if Ayala will be as good as Zach. I thought Zach was a once in 20 years type of player.

Reactions: kpjasion
Lou is a great dude. Known him for a long time as well. He’s made some great moves recently and is getting better and better as a coach. The only thing I worry about on that side of the tracks is numbers. They are way down over there. For some reason the pirates are still very high numbers wise.

Fremd looks very good. Surprised they’ve lost 3 games. They are big and physical with speed on offense.

Only issue I see is they are small up front defensively. Looks like they’re going for speed rather than size ala lz. Palatine moved the ball well against them but couldn’t finish drives.

Agree kp. Just don’t think if Ayala will be as good as Zach. I thought Zach was a once in 20 years type of player.

I don't know what it is, but Palatine keeps coming up with good QBs. Ethan Olles and Zach Oles were exceptional, and Nick Orlando and DJ Angelaccio were very good high school QBs .. All Conference/All Area type guys. Ayala has more quickness running the ball than Oles did, and has a similar arm and accuracy to what Oles did as a soph. You are right that Oles was a rarity, but he was basically a confident kid who worked hard at being good, and that's exactly what Ayala seems to be. I guess time will tell; they are kids and alot can happen in a couple of years.

I don't know what it is, but Palatine keeps coming up with good QBs. Ethan Olles and Zach Oles were exceptional, and Nick Orlando and DJ Angelaccio were very good high school QBs .. All Conference/All Area type guys. Ayala has more quickness running the ball than Oles did, and has a similar arm and accuracy to what Oles did as a soph. You are right that Oles was a rarity, but he was basically a confident kid who worked hard at being good, and that's exactly what Ayala seems to be. I guess time will tell; they are kids and alot can happen in a couple of years.
Don't forget Cody Bobbit

Reactions: kpjasion
Agree quags. Great thread. Any other conference in the country with qbs that played in the nfl last year? I’m talking Tolzien and Garropolo.

Top 5 msl players in the last 20 years?

ADVERTISEMENT