ADVERTISEMENT

MS @ Palatine

MS4EVER

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2004
Well here we are in week 4 already. Dang this goes by too fast! Big showdown in Palatine this week. With it being Homecoming and last years loss on the mind of the Pirate faithful it should be a great game. Thoughts on how it plays out?

I haven't heard much about the Pirates so far.
No doubt our boys better be ready for a very tough night!

Fingers crossed!

Well... as best I can

Where are the P-Tine Guys? Thoughts on Palatine and the game? I think we have a good idea that MS is well... MS and Top 5 material but I haven't heard much about Palatine. I know the QB graduated - he was fantastic.

Where are the P-Tine Guys? Thoughts on Palatine and the game? I think we have a good idea that MS is well... MS and Top 5 material but I haven't heard much about Palatine. I know the QB graduated - he was fantastic.

Palatine has the potential to be outstanding. They have a ton of talent with 5-6 d1 players. They've had some injuries but I think they should be 100% healthy for this week. The QB is a very solid HS Qb. You could never replace a Zach Oles but the QB did get some great experience starting 4 huge playoff games. Lots of returners on the DL and OL as well as some of the skills.

I think you will see the team and staff gelling more and more each week and will hit their stride as the year goes on. IMO this will be a one score game based on it being a rematch and homecoming for the Pirates.

Palatine has the potential to be outstanding. They have a ton of talent with 5-6 d1 players. They've had some injuries but I think they should be 100% healthy for this week. The QB is a very solid HS Qb. You could never replace a Zach Oles but the QB did get some great experience starting 4 huge playoff games. Lots of returners on the DL and OL as well as some of the skills.

I think you will see the team and staff gelling more and more each week and will hit their stride as the year goes on. IMO this will be a one score game based on it being a rematch and homecoming for the Pirates.

I would echo eagles2k3's comments. They looked really good on Friday night against a better than you'd think Evanston team.

They squandered a number of drives against Stevenson(5 times inside Stevenson's 20 yd line and only 7 points), but give Stevenson credit there..that's what good teams do. In 2016 Stevenson had a number of deep drives against Palatine and were stymied..so it seems to be the dynamic between the two teams.

Since then, they've been pretty much able to do what they want on offense. They ran and passed at will against Evanston last week. DJ is not Zach, but he's pretty darn good...All-Conference/All-Area caliber likely based on his performance so far. He has shown some really good touch on some passes, and has a high completion % and no picks. They're not quick strike, more of an 8 play, 80 yard scoring drive kind of team.

But, that may play well if they can keep Kokosioulis chilling on the sidelines and not let him get in a groove. They were able to hold him to 60 yds in the semi-final game last year, and I'd reasonably say this year's defense is better than last year's. So, if they scheme him well and have the will to hold the edge on defense when he sweeps outside, they may have a chance.

Their defense is very quick, very athletic and very talented, but so far has allowed a few big plays that you don't like to see. Cortez Hogans hasn't played a down yet this season..hoping he'll be back on Friday. Charlie Canty has been exceptional in his place, but we're talking a D1 stud linebacker.

They seem to have taken a page from Maine South's playbook last year and have a number of their best athletes going both ways. Smith, O'Shea, Orlando, Moertl have all seen extensive time on both sides of the ball in Stevenson and Evanston games, and likely will against Maine South.

It is homecoming @ Palatine, there are alot of the same players for Palatine from last November and I'm sure they've all had this date circled on their calendars for a looong time.

Saw Palatine week 1. We (Stevenson) escaped with a victory. Was almost identical- but role reversal from previous year. Palatine is a VERY good football team. Was impressed with everything about them. Lots of talent. Great O-Line.11 grinders on both sides of the ball. Using MS as the measuring stick of 8A excellence, am very curious to see how this game plays out.

Reactions: kpjasion
I think this is a great measuring stick for both teams. Especially for MS as they likely won't get challenged after this week. Should be one of the best games of week 4.

i can honestly say I wish it were like this every week! This level of competition certainly builds the kind of character it takes to win the big one. While I believe it will drop off some after this week, I know our boys have a few dates highlighted after this one.

I look forward to a well played, intense game!

Hopefully everyone from both sides leaves healthy.

i can honestly say I wish it were like this every week! This level of competition certainly builds the kind of character it takes to win the big one. While I believe it will drop off some after this week, I know our boys have a few dates highlighted after this one.

I look forward to a well played, intense game!

Hopefully everyone from both sides leaves healthy.
are they like Arya Stark with a list?

Saw Palatine week 1. We (Stevenson) escaped with a victory. Was almost identical- but role reversal from previous year. Palatine is a VERY good football team. Was impressed with everything about them. Lots of talent. Great O-Line.11 grinders on both sides of the ball. Using MS as the measuring stick of 8A excellence, am very curious to see how this game plays out.

The thing I've enjoyed the most this season is seeing what some of these guys can do going both ways. For example, check out Johnny O'Shea's highlights against Evanston. He has the 8 catches for 116 yards and 2 TDs that you'd expect, but he also plays some lights out corner against Evanston's star WR, throws some crunching blocks, and even blocks a PAT. Sometimes the best thing is to just put your best athletes on the field and let them do what they do..

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/...&videoid=2b517363-ed18-4e07-9aea-c987e7f9a52f

Reactions: Gene K.
The thing I've enjoyed the most this season is seeing what some of these guys can do going both ways. For example, check out Johnny O'Shea's highlights against Evanston. He has the 8 catches for 116 yards and 2 TDs that you'd expect, but he also plays some lights out corner against Evanston's star WR, throws some crunching blocks, and even blocks a PAT. Sometimes the best thing is to just put your best athletes on the field and let them do what they do..

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/...&videoid=2b517363-ed18-4e07-9aea-c987e7f9a52f
Agreed. That's the championship recipe at MS.

Which one is Arya???

Is she the little sword fighting girl?
That description doesnt do her justice. She's a cold blooded assassin with an inability to let bygones be bygones. And people on her list get crossed off.

tenor.gif

That description doesnt do her justice. She's a cold blooded assassin with an inability to let bygones be bygones. And people on her list get crossed off.

tenor.gif
Ah

Then yes... a list like Arya Stark for the Hawks

Thank you for the clarification Bones!

I think we've pretty much crossed everyone off our list.

Not even close:

De La Salle, Thornton, Belvidere, Downers Grove South, Lockport, Downers Grove North, Stevenson, Glenbard North. Still plenty of business to settle.

Not even close:

De La Salle, Thornton, Belvidere, Downers Grove South, Lockport, Downers Grove North, Stevenson, Glenbard North. Still plenty of business to settle.

I was gonna say "wow, hold grudges much?"..but then I have to admit I have this screen capture saved off Hudl from last November's semifinal game...

28v0ja.jpg

Not even close:

I'll give you the two Downers and Lockport. But the rest I'm not sure about. 6-1 against Stevie and a State Title over GBN is ok in my book.

I was gonna say "wow, hold grudges much?"..but then I have to admit I have this screen capture saved off Hudl from last November's semifinal game...

28v0ja.jpg
Is it safe to say you guys will be "Fired UP" for this game?

Last edited:

28v0ja.jpg
We don't feel we need to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just our enemies.

Not even close:

I knew a guy on the MS team that lost to DGS. Look of pure anger every time we talked about that clock operator...

Do they have lights here???

If this is it... yuz guys need to pass a referendum or something.

Maine south 14-7 at half. Fake field goal td with 30 sec left at half. Great call

ADVERTISEMENT