ADVERTISEMENT

Moving on Up!

caravan8

Aug 23, 2014
Bridgeport
Patrick Mahomes getting 10 years for up to $503 million! $477 million in “guarantee mechanisms” (I have no clue what that means). Good for him, and for his agent!

Reactions: Wassup13
Patrick Mahomes getting 10 years for up to $503 million! $477 million in “guarantee mechanisms” (I have no clue what that means). Good for him, and for his agent!

Had he signed with the McCaskeys, he'd be holding out.

The folks in Kansas City better get ready for the $25 beer (12 oz).

Had he signed with the McCaskeys, he'd be holding out.

The folks in Kansas City better get ready for the $25 beer (12 oz).
Tickets in Kansas City are cheaper for a team that wins than they are in Chicago for a team that doesn't. Last year when we went out there to see the Chiefs and Texans we paid about $130 for good seats in the upper level third row in the southeast corner of the end zone. And that was after they had gone to the AFC Championship game the year before. I would guess the same type of seat in Chicago would cost much more. And again, for a team that doesn't win. Concessions in all the stadiums I have been in are fairly similar.

Prices will rise anyway due to the SB victory. But Mahomes and the Chiefs are worth it in my mind. That is still the best place I have ever been to for an NFL game and you really should put it on your bucket list. You won't be disappointed.

Guarantee mechanisms means the deal has relatively little guaranteed money. He gets almost all his yearly money every march or they cut him without penalty 2 or 3 years in.

Reactions: caravan8
That is still the best place I have ever been to for an NFL game and you really should put it on your bucket list. You won't be disappointed.
I have heard great things about KC for both football and baseball games. Everyone I know who has gone loves the stadiums as well as the Power & Light District (I believe that is what it’s called). Hopefully next year I will be able to take the trip and see a game

I have heard great things about KC for both football and baseball games. Everyone I know who has gone loves the stadiums as well as the Power & Light District (I believe that is what it’s called). Hopefully next year I will be able to take the trip and see a game
It is a great city, period. Both professional venues are top shelf too. Plenty of parking for either and lots of room. Your money definitely goes further in Missouri than in Illinois. Gas is sometimes as much as .50 a gallon less too. Airport is very easy in and easy out if you decide to fly.

Everyone has different tastes as far as restaurants go. I have been to a few of the BBQ places. If you want it quick and good, Gates BBQ is definitely worth looking into. Reasonably priced. I usually bring cases of their BBQ sauce home with me when I visit. But if you want to go above that, you can try Joe's Kansas City BBQ or Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue. Both are awesome.

Yes, the Power & Light District is awesome. I know a lot of people who live in KC and have visited more times than I can count. I have been to more Chiefs games in the last 10 years than Bears games. I love that town and it is definitely in the running for retirement. It's so much more spread out and easy to navigate.

A couple places you might want to check out for a couple cool ones. Kelley's is good. I like it, anyway. But, you have plenty of bars right in that area so you have lots of choices. Those are not in the Power & Light District. All I can tell you is, if you go you will not be disappointed. It is well worth the trip and it's a very easy drive too.

We are not going there this fall. With or without the virus we didn't have plans to anyway. It will be the first time we don't go in quite a while.

Reactions: caravan8
How many Super Bowls does he need to win for this deal to be considered worth it?

Reactions: Gene K.
How many Super Bowls does he need to win for this deal to be considered worth it?
Well, Arrowhead was selling out before Mahomes got there. But future sellouts are pretty much guaranteed as long as the team is competitive and he produces.

I will make a bet with you. I will bet Patrick Mahomes wins another SB before any Bears QB during Mahomes' career wins one. Care to take the bet?

I am seriously thinking about buying season tickets for the Chiefs.

Well, Arrowhead was selling out before Mahomes got there. But future sellouts are pretty much guaranteed as long as the team is competitive and he produces.

I will make a bet with you. I will bet Patrick Mahomes wins another SB before any Bears QB during Mahomes' career wins one. Care to take the bet?

No thanks. For sure he will.

A couple places you might want to check out for a couple cool ones. Kelley's is good. I like it, anyway. But, you have plenty of bars right in that area so you have lots of choices. Those are not in the Power & Light District. All I can tell you is, if you go you will not be disappointed. It is well worth the trip and it's a very easy drive too.

awesome! Thanks for the info.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
ADVERTISEMENT