ADVERTISEMENT

Morris vs Rochester

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
I know everyone on the board has already penciled in Rochester in this one but I think it’s a tight game and not decided until the the last 5mins.

Morris has always been a tough out and even when they are over matched they always seem to stick around, I think Friday will be no different and if they pull the upset I won’t be the least bit surprised.

This is one of the more interesting matchups with such contrasting styles. I'll be interested to see if Morris can slow down Rochester's offense, and whether or not they can consistently run the ball to shorten the game. Morris does have a reputation of playing very good teams tough. They also play a 5A/6A schedule. They won't be intimidated. However, I'm not sure they have the speed to stay with the Rockets.

Morris can not afford to fall behind. Ball control keeping Rochesters O off the field is the only way they can pull off the upset.

No they haven't but has Rochester seen a defense like Morris. Been playing real tough in the playoffs. Think they surprised a lot of people last week including myself. I'm expecting a really good game from two great programs!
Has Morris seen a team that can throw the ball as Rochester can though?

Reactions: 89morrisgrad
I'll be rooting for the Redskins.

I think Morris will have to play a clean game on offense and cash in on most of their drives. Maybe get opportunistic on defense a time or two. I'm not sure they can stop the Rochester offense very much, but I think they could have success bludgeoning away with those hogs and that tee formation.

Here’s my 2$ on this game. Morris has a very physical, fast defense that has shut most teams down this season while the dbs are a bit suspect at times I believe Morris front 4-5 can put enough pressure Rochester to make Them make some mistakes Morris plays a very tough conference and is battle tested and other than SHG and Belleville Rochester imo isn’t. I don’t know much about they’re defense but Morris can and should be able to grind out yards with they’re size and speed and they can throw the ball when they need to. Keep in mind the most points Morris has let up this year in a game is 30 to a very good Rochelle team. I’m not at all saying Rochester isn’t but good! They are a damn good team but I believe Morris is the better team in this matchup. Final 31-24 morris

All.... QB Baker gets his first D1 offer SIU. The Rockets strength is of course throwing the ball. What he does that makes him all but unstoppable (kind of like that other guy that wears a cape, different though he uses his legs lol ) is roll out while the Rockets 4 or 5 receivers have been taught to run tight patterns creating "space." Pitch and catch, everyone is always open. Rockets by 21 plus. Ratsy

All.... QB Baker gets his first D1 offer SIU. The Rockets strength is of course throwing the ball. What he does that makes him all but unstoppable (kind of like that other guy that wears a cape, different though he uses his legs lol ) is roll out while the Rockets 4 or 5 receivers have been taught to run tight patterns creating "space." Pitch and catch, everyone is always open. Rockets by 21 plus. Ratsy
I have to disagree with you on the 21+. While they are very good at what they do I don’t think they’ll beat Morris by that margin. Morris is too talented. If Rochester wins I’d be very surprised if it’s by more than 7

7-0 Rochester

If Morris was able to add a young John Dergo right now what would happen tonight???

Morris has missed some opportunities for picks (one a pick six) and had a pretty greedy boneheaded pass get picked off in the end zone when they were running at will.

I think Derek has seen what he needs to see and the Rockets come out ablaze in the 2nd half.

1st and goal and Morris throws three times and comes away with no points... Don’t understand the play calling down there with their ability to run the ball behind that big O line?

Indeed a very good game. Still don't know what Morris was doing on that first and goal earlier when they got zero points.

Kick was good but what a job by the holder.

Great way to cap a great day of HS football. 3 fantastic games

Crap what a game. Only proves rochester ahould be in 5a. This is the first 1 - 4 best start of an awesome wekkend. Something is working

1st and goal and Morris throws three times and comes away with no points... Don’t understand the play calling down there with their ability to run the ball behind that big O line?

I thought the same thing. They had a lot of momentum with their running attack on those drives, but went away from it. I was scratching my head a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT