ADVERTISEMENT

Montini 29 St. Reeters 13

mchsalumni

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2008
Broncos take care of business. Great start, ugly 2nd and 3rd, finished strong. Good win.

Reactions: Wassup13
That was the must win Rita had to get -going into Rice next week then LA to follow. Rita looking at possible 3-6 unless they upset both Rice and LA.

Reactions: Gene K.
Good game Montini. I thought they lost momentum by not trying to get the ball in the end zone in their final drive before the half.

But they finally got that momentum back in the 4th quarter and finished the game.

Also in these CCL Blue games you really have to focus on running the football and stopping the run to win those games. I commend Montini for doing just that the entire game.

Rita is not a good team right now.

Agreed. They were effective running to the outside but Montini stacked most of the game and gave up the edge frequently. Broncos dominated 1st and 4th quarter and got the job done.

Agreed. They were effective running to the outside but Montini stacked most of the game and gave up the edge frequently. Broncos dominated 1st and 4th quarter and got the job done.
My understanding is with out a couple of their top players.

Assuming Rita loses next week and is out of playoffs, do they keep playing the Seniors or go Junior-Soph dominated for their last 3 games to get some experience?

Wasn't able to get to the game but seen some highlights. Montini definitely needs to run the ball more often to win in the CCL Blue and to keep the defense off the field and time to rest up against the usually bigger offensive lines they face. Keep the clock rolling and limit the time the other teams offense has on the field. Montini defense has been playing better than last year and the Harris kid is a top notch d back. They will need their best efforts against Loyola and BR

I agree that Loyola has Montini's number over the years. Loyola looks beatable this year if the St. Ignatius game was that close to go into OT. Unfortunately, the game this year is at Loyola and that is a tough place to play at. I watched Brother Rice against Loyola and they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Will be a good match up with Montini's offense if they run the ball like they have in the first five games and with this game at home you never know! I know it doesn't mean that much but last year our Soph's just lost to BR in a back and forth game so I feel we can give them a game.

We better beat Fenwick who seems to be having a down year. Providence will also definitely give us a game. What do you guys feel is your best case scenario this year for Montini in wins and losses before the playoffs?

??????

I have a hard time predicting teams I like so I am just going to watch and hope for the best. Hard to predict a tough division we never played in before and a lot of them are 2-3x our enrollment.

I noticed the Soph game.yesterday St Rita had 40 players and we had 17, I found that interesting. I believe when they played Naz, Naz also had 40 players.

My thing right now is just to make the playoffs and.then we will see what we can do from there.

Last edited:
Agree. The main thing for Montini is making the playoffs their first year in the blue. Like what I am seeing so far especially the offensive rushing game. O line is doing some terrific blocking. The defense isn't too shabby either.
Haven't been out to the Soph games but 17 kids is terrible. They did beat the Naz sophs so those 17 kids must be pretty good.

Yes the sophs don't have many kids but the quality is there. They beat Naz big and lost a close one to a undefeated St Rita.

Too many sophs on varsity for Montini. If they are going to raid the sophs they need to help with bringing freshmen up. Not enough players for a CCL-B game.

Not really that many on the frosh either. I saw them play once about a week ago.

ADVERTISEMENT