ADVERTISEMENT

Milburn Drysdale's dreams come true.

Oct 22, 2017
Who emerges from the Land Rover-Whole Foods bowl series? NT, LA, HC or the University of Lincolnshire? If this were tennis, golf or polo I'd give the Trevs a chance. A sprinting clock for LA. I'll take HC because I like their helmets. HC travels to Wilmette to see how the same half lives. LA is better at football and defeats HC. There will be more hedge fund managers than personal trainers at these games so don't sign anything.

If it was golf, HC would be the overwhelming favorite. Last week they won the 3A title, which was their 6th in a row.

I'd take LA in LAX and hockey over the devils and the Pats, but not the Trevs. However, I think LA running clocks NT and beats HC by 17. Those cake-eaters from Wilmette can play some ball and hit pretty hard too. Although, the level of nutrition is probably fairly equal among the 4 schools. ( SSCFD)

LA impressive as usual on both sides of the ball with a fair amount of underclassmen getting time. NT lacks overall team speed. HC may be a little run dependent but they do have 4 good wins and a quality loss to GBW. Stevie doesn't seem to have their usual title threatening talent.

Now, if only they were all from Wilmette.
The school is in Wilmette. I went there and grew up in palatine. Well aware of the 100+ zip codes. Not following. Perhaps I'm slow on the uptake.

LA and NT compete in so many arenas that they're undoubtedly each other's rival. Just this year, boys lacrosse for state ( NT ), girls lacrosse for state ( LA) , hockey, basketball track and field and of course academic supremacy. Their football fields are within walking distance of each other. There are many families that may send one sibling to LA and the other to NT, depending on the academic offering preferred. The one sport that they have not competed in some time is football. Aside from the playoff implications, this game will be treated like a championship boxing match. A full house for sure, which is rare at LA's Hoerster field in the 1st round. Onward and Upward , Continue to Advance and Improve. GoRamblers!

I figured Millburn's dreams come true had something to do with ElliMae..

Great first round match-up - lot of fun and NT much improved in football under new coach! Wish these 2 schools could get back to playing non-conference football games and renewing a great rivalry that has continued in other sports.

ADVERTISEMENT