ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Love

So there are 10 MAC WR entering the portal. That's just guys listed as WR in the 247 portal search too.

Arizona has FOUR wide-outs leaving.

Just there That's 13 other wide-outs ideally trying to go to a Power 5 destination

All the Carey recruits
I was gonna echo that. Hammock seems to be pushing aside anyone Carey recruited for his guys .. There were so many true freshman on the field last year..and so many guys, like Love, who played previously and just disappeared this year. TONS of NIU guys have gone into the portal since the end of the season. 0-6 and seemingly alot of distress doesn't bode well.

I would be hesistant to transfer voluntarily unless I knew I had a landing spot. There will be many left with nowhere to go when the music stops.

IL kids in portal

QB Ben Bryant - Cincinnati [LT]
QB Chris Katrenick - Duke [Jacobs]
QB Quincy Patterson- VT to North Dakota State [Solorio]

RB Kentrail Moran - New Mexico [O'Fallon]

WR Michael Love - NIU [Nazareth]
WR Ricky Smalling - Illinois [Brother Rice]

OG Tyler Witt - WKU [JCA]

LB Cortez Hogans - NIU - Palatine
LB Mario Wright - WKU [HF]

CB Romel Goston - NIU [Al Raby]
CB Mark Aitken - NIU [Kenwood]
CB Antwain Walker - NIU [Oswego East]

S Isaiah Robertson- ND [NV]
DB Tyrik Henderson - NIU [Glenburn North]

The thing I find interesting is how highly recruited QBs transfer like crazy.

ND’s former back up is at BC
Ga’s former back up is at OSU
OSU’s former back up is at Miami

These kids have been told they are the best their entire life as soon as the don’t start they transfer rather then wait an extra year or two to play.

There was an interesting article last year about this. Broke down all D1 QBs. The stat was like 85% of starting Qb,s did not start their college career at that school.

Have to think there will be a lot of transfer from the 2021 class with how limited recruiting was due to COVID

I was gonna echo that. Hammock seems to be pushing aside anyone Carey recruited for his guys .. There were so many true freshman on the field last year..and so many guys, like Love, who played previously and just disappeared this year. TONS of NIU guys have gone into the portal since the end of the season. 0-6 and seemingly alot of distress doesn't bode well.

Must be secure in his job because that team this year was pathetic. I thought he’d be on the hot seat. The NIU program was a well oiled machine when Carey took over. I didn’t think much of Carey and even he won there.

Have to think there will be a lot of transfer from the 2021 class with how limited recruiting was due to COVID

Maybe but I have a feeling a lot of those guys on the above transfer list will be without chairs unless the NCAA expands scholarship limits by a significant margin next year. No way I would enter the portal voluntarily without some type of guarantee I have a landing space right now.

Reactions: Gene K.
Maybe but I have a feeling a lot of those guys on the above transfer list will be without chairs unless the NCAA expands scholarship limits by a significant margin next year.

Even if the NCAA expands scholarship limits there is no guarantee that athletic department budgets will permit expanding the amount of football scholarships for 21-22. This is especially true considering the athletic department monetary losses most schools have experienced this year.

ADVERTISEMENT