ADVERTISEMENT

MC/ BR scoring thread

I don’t understand why they don’t go to 4 6 team conferences and only do cross overs between the top two top conferences and the bottom two? Maybe leave an open date or 2 to play non conference games.

Reactions: McCaravan
If crossover is with Marist that is great for Rice
I don't know what their remaining schedule will be, but with Morris out this Fall for Naz, I don't see them having any problems with their green schedule at all with what they have coming back.

I don't know what their remaining schedule will be, but with Morris out this Fall for Naz, I don't see them having any problems with their green schedule at all with what they have coming back.

If not a crossover, then maybe one of the two non-cons. Wouldn’t be surprised if BR played Hillcrest, too, since the return game to their field in the home & home series hasn’t been played, yet.

Whatever the schedule, just get to 5 wins so I can watch some IHSA playoff football in the Fall!

No more O’Douls or Heineken Zero.

Reactions: McCaravan
If I'm Marist I'm not so sure I'm scheduling BR as a non-con if things go as people are saying. Suddenly you are looking at 3 very loseable conference games, add one tough crossover in the mix and a trip 2 miles north on Crawford Ave suddenly 5 wins might be a struggle. I have a feeling if the league doesnt randomly make BR-Marist one of the crossovers you may not see it the next 2 years. I would think Marist would have a CPS & a Shepard/Stagg/Sandburg type for its non-con's. Now if BR does end up with Naz, Provi & Montini as rumored they'd be chartering a limo to pick up Marist just so they'd have some historical local flavor on the menu. Obviously same goes on the BR side if Marist were to drop.

Gotta get Rice vs Marist as the home opener - Rice would get home field this Fall. Payback game.
Both teams have good amount returning.

Take it for what it’s worth but...

I’m hearing divisions should be determined by tomorrow and the 7 game conference schedule will be settled by Friday.

Also hearing they will use the original formula: conference W/L, enrollment and program head count.

Any word on divisions?
Separately as it pertains to MC - who gets nod at QB next year? Is it Rogers or Dowling or bring up the Soph Dugger?

Any word on divisions?
Separately as it pertains to MC - who gets nod at QB next year? Is it Rogers or Dowling or bring up the Soph Dugge
Any word on divisions?
Separately as it pertains to MC - who gets nod at QB next year? Is it Rogers or Dowling or bring up the Soph Dugger?
I was thinking the Badke curse (Naperville Central, Palatine, Fremd, etc) might kick in when we were up 20-7 and MC scored in a minute. But gotta hand it to Rice they played better and coached better than MC this game. Never saw MC give up as many sacks in a game. I think Rice might have had 5. MC with some uncharacteristic penalties too. Great final game of the season for Rice - gives them good note going into Fall Season. Solid group of players coming back on the OL/TE along with QB and a key WR. D looks good too. Rice started 2 Sophs and 4 Juniors on D tonite.
Only you would put a negative twist on a win
What is your problem with badke?
Who do you want as the HC

Last edited:
Is it Rogers or Dowling or bring up the Soph Dugger?

According to McCPD, Rogers has an injury that may knock him out next year. Dowling, he says, has all the tools and his name on the stadium but is playing baseball now, which will limit his football reps. Dugger has improved a lot this spring and looked sharp against Rice. So who will get the nod? I don't think the coach even knows.

Any ideas who the other potential job opening Disabato alluded to in his tweet today about the Oak Forest opening?

According to McCPD, Rogers has an injury that may knock him out next year. Dowling, he says, has all the tools and his name on the stadium but is playing baseball now, which will limit his football reps. Dugger has improved a lot this spring and looked sharp against Rice. So who will get the nod? I don't think the coach even knows.
Ahhhhh! McCPD! Cute! 😊

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Forget I asked
“Avoid the negative and unlucky”
Topiary make sure to send in your check
Frankly I'm at one who calls it like it is. Brian's done a decent job at Rice but great? Great is when you take a team and win a Championship. So how many State Championship he got? To date (and this I hope changes) there is only one great football coach at Rice - and that was Mitch. There are other good ones but you don't get great coming in 2nd or semifinalist with the superior talent . You may think I'm negative but hey I'm not his brother (or sorry Kev). May 5th as always Rice will get my check.

Reactions: Gene K.
Frankly I'm at one who calls it like it is. Brian's done a decent job at Rice but great? Great is when you take a team and win a Championship. So how many State Championship he got? To date (and this I hope changes) there is only one great football coach at Rice - and that was Mitch. There are other good ones but you don't get great coming in 2nd or semifinalist with the superior talent . You may think I'm negative but hey I'm not his brother (or sorry Kev). May 5th as always Rice will get my check.
Once again not his brother, but a former player.
its never a problem when people call it how it is but when your info/analysis is off aka your Loyola post, You get what you give.
let’s double that check this may 5th

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Once again not his brother, but a former player.
its never a problem when people call it how it is but when your info/analysis is off aka your Loyola post, You get what you give.
let’s double that check this may 5th
What was off in the Loyola post - watch the tape he was super late in trying to get the TO called. His D was in disarray and frankly they got outcoached that game. 28-7 if you recall? But I'm sure it was the refs fault (at home no less)?
With what Rice has coming back -I am expecting no less than a State Championship from Rice unless they get hit by the injury bug. Would you not agree?

Reactions: go_rice
What was off in the Loyola post - watch the tape he was super late in trying to get the TO called. His D was in disarray and frankly they got outcoached that game. 28-7 if you recall? But I'm sure it was the refs fault (at home no less)?
With what Rice has coming back -I am expecting no less than a State Championship from Rice unless they get hit by the injury bug. Would you not agree?
Replacing Shaw/Bell....more notably Shaw, is going to be a big task. He was an amazing talent you got to lean on the past two seasons. BR really started clicking as he became more involved this Spring. Who are the options at RB. I know Bennett is a tough kid but I don’t know if he can handle the every game load and grind of the CCL Blue and doesn’t have that break away speed Shaw had.

Replacing Shaw/Bell....more notably Shaw, is going to be a big task. He was an amazing talent you got to lean on the past two seasons. BR really started clicking as he became more involved this Spring. Who are the options at RB. I know Bennett is a tough kid but I don’t know if he can handle the every game load and grind of the CCL Blue and doesn’t have that break away speed Shaw had.
My guess (hope) is #1 Khary Shaw (no relation) gets moved to RB. Good sized kid (6’1 200) with decent speed. He’s bounced around from DB/WR the last couple seasons but I remember him playing RB on the frosh team.

With Lausch, 3 returning starters on OL, the TE Boyer who just committed to Illinois and K Shaw - they should be a run-heavy offense.

ADVERTISEMENT