ADVERTISEMENT

MC/ BR scoring thread

Ok, so everyone had us going orange or green or whatever.....what happens now? Marist getting asses kicked by Loyola.

Reactions: Bowie50
The way I see it:
MC 14-0 3-0
LA. 9-3. 1-2
BR. 9-5. 1-2
M. 9-5. 1-2

LA. 6-0. 3-0
M. 4-2. 1-2
BR. 4-2. 1-2
MC. 4-2. 1-2

M & BR both 13-5 2-4 last 2 years. Split the head to head. You gonna split up this rivalry on the basis of a 4th tiebreaker?

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
I think Marist gets its on points between them. Rice won by 3 in 2019 and Marist by 4 this year. But not sure

I was thinking the Badke curse (Naperville Central, Palatine, Fremd, etc) might kick in when we were up 20-7 and MC scored in a minute. But gotta hand it to Rice they played better and coached better than MC this game. Never saw MC give up as many sacks in a game. I think Rice might have had 5. MC with some uncharacteristic penalties too. Great final game of the season for Rice - gives them good note going into Fall Season. Solid group of players coming back on the OL/TE along with QB and a key WR. D looks good too. Rice started 2 Sophs and 4 Juniors on D tonite.

Why not just keep the Blue together?
Agreed. The point of going to 4 team divisions was to get as many teams in the playoffs and the old Blue with 5 teams was just brutalizing each other. With 4 teams, at worst you have 3 losses and still have leeway to make the playoffs. Just leave it for this fall season and if you really want to promote and relegate do it after 2021 fall season.

Rices offense executed and stuck to what they do best with lausch, bell and Shaw between tackles late. Defense was unreal all night. Well played on both sides. Fun one to watch. Can’t wait to see how the program looks in the fall. Good things coming no matter what happens.

MC played like poo. They had some serious injuries to key players but they didn’t execute when they had their chances a couple times in the red zone and came away empty. Tip of the cap to the Crusaders.

Reactions: Bowie50
Agreed. The point of going to 4 team divisions was to get as many teams in the playoffs and the old Blue with 5 teams was just brutalizing each other. With 4 teams, at worst you have 3 losses and still have leeway to make the playoffs. Just leave it for this fall season and if you really want to promote and relegate do it after 2021 fall season.
Why not just say Loyola go play ND, Viator and Carmel of Mundelein. Rita-Rice-MC-Marist should be the Blue (local teams slugging it out). Then Provy-JCA-Marian and Benet could duke it out in their own while Fenwick-Naz-Montini and Laurence do their thing and Iggy-DLS-DePaul and Pats do theirs. With Joes closing and deSales no team, Leo should look at seeing if they could jump in with Chicago Christian,Aurora Christian and Walther

Why not just say Loyola go play ND, Viator and Carmel of Mundelein. Rita-Rice-MC-Marist should be the Blue (local teams slugging it out). Then Provy-JCA-Marian and Benet could duke it out in their own while Fenwick-Naz-Montini and Laurence do their thing and Iggy-DLS-DePaul and Pats do theirs. With Joes closing and deSales no team, Leo should look at seeing if they could jump in with Chicago Christian,Aurora Christian and Walther
There is a meeting with the ADs tomorrow or Monday, they need to start getting schedules set already, should have been done 2 months ago. There is a lot that’s going to be taken into consideration. They need to find out first who realistically is going to be fielding teams this fall. Throw out that whole W/L stuff, it may not even come down to that. Lot of things will come into play. We should know by early next week

Right now is the sweet spot if you go to a Golden Corral that also does breakfast in the mornings.

There is a meeting with the ADs tomorrow or Monday, they need to start getting schedules set already, should have been done 2 months ago. There is a lot that’s going to be taken into consideration. They need to find out first who realistically is going to be fielding teams this fall. Throw out that whole W/L stuff, it may not even come down to that. Lot of things will come into play. We should know by early next week
Below is one man’s opinion not based on any formula but an attempt to keep competitive balance and intriguing matchups...

Loyola
Mount Carmel
Marist
Brother Rice

St. Rita
Nazareth
Joliet Catholic
Montini

Notre Dame
Providence
Benet
Marmion

St. Laurence
Fenwick
St. Ignatius
De La Salle

St. Patrick
Carmel Catholic
St. Viator
Marian Central

Marian Catholic
DePaul
Leo
Hope Academy (welcome back?)

Why not just say Loyola go play ND, Viator and Carmel of Mundelein. Rita-Rice-MC-Marist should be the Blue (local teams slugging it out).
Makes sense geographically but this feels like it almost punishes Loyola. They would routinely route those teams and at the end of the day, most people associated with the CCL equate the Blue with the elite level of teams. Loyola is the elite level of teams and has been a great partner in the division. It just doesn’t feel right to shove them out of the division

Below is one man’s opinion not based on any formula but an attempt to keep competitive balance and intriguing matchups...

Loyola
Mount Carmel
Marist
Brother Rice

St. Rita
Nazareth
Joliet Catholic
Montini

Notre Dame
Providence
Benet
Marmion

St. Laurence
Fenwick
St. Ignatius
De La Salle

St. Patrick
Carmel Catholic
St. Viator
Marian Central

Marian Catholic
DePaul
Leo
Hope Academy (welcome back?)
I assume they are sticking with the formula of divisional wins to determine the re-shuffling. It's been talked about in prior posts/threads, but the big question is who drops from the Blue (Rice or Marist) and who drops from the Green (Provi or ND)? Rice and Marist both have 2 divisional wins in the 2-year run. Provi and ND also have 2 divisional wins in the 2 years.

I assume they are sticking with the formula of divisional wins to determine the re-shuffling. It's been talked about in prior posts/threads, but the big question is who drops from the Blue (Rice or Marist) and who drops from the Green (Provi or ND)? Rice and Marist both have 2 divisional wins in the 2-year run. Provi and ND also have 2 divisional wins in the 2 years.
My guess would be BR and Provi drop since they have smaller enrollments than Marist and ND, respectively.

I like the concept of using the conference record of the freshmen and sophomores from the previous two seasons to break ties.

At the lower stages, BR is having difficulty.
It's been years since they’ve won a CCL Blue game.

Not only are they losing, but they are being thrashed.

Next season, BR will finish 1-2 or 2-1 in conference, losing in the state semifinals. A successful season for the school.

Trouble, however, awaits after that.

• Wow
Reactions: go_rice
I like the concept of using the conference record of the freshmen and sophomores from the previous two seasons to break ties.

At the lower stages, BR is having difficulty.
It's been years since they’ve won a CCL Blue game.

Not only are they losing, but they are being thrashed.

Next season, BR will finish 1-2 or 2-1 in conference, losing in the state semifinals. A successful season for the school.

Trouble, however, awaits after that.
MC has an big reload next year, especially offensively. Losing 9 starters on Offense. Losing 6 defensively

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
Initial word, SUBJECT TO CHANGE. But I trust this source.

Blue
MC
LA
Marist
SR

Green
BR
Naz
Montini
Providence

I’m sure BR will pick up Marist in a cross over

Again not official but won’t be the first time a source failed on this board.

Initial word, SUBJECT TO CHANGE. But I trust this source.

Blue
MC
LA
Marist
SR

Green
BR
Naz
Montini
Providence

I’m sure BR will pick up Marist in a cross over

Again not official but won’t be the first time a source failed on this board.
Interesting. So it looks like ND dropped to the Orange, which would make the Orange as follows:

ND
Benet
Laurence
JCA

Reactions: USD24
ADVERTISEMENT