ADVERTISEMENT

MC at St. Rita The Rivalry is back...

This is great! Nice job! Let the record show that TK extended the hand out first!

A two-year commitment.

Listen, I know we posters are like dust in the wind or specks of sand on the beach, but did we have some influence here?

Where does Mt. Carmel get its cheerleaders? Where does Rita?
They have open tryouts. Girls from any school can come and try out. MC has McCauley, Marist, CPS etc. BR, SR and the other all male schools are the same. Some of these schools have really competitive cheer programs, and they do make cuts, or some girls just want to cheer and not do the tournaments. It's really expensive.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Way to early breakdown

SR- Has Kaleb Brown...enough said. Huge advantage there. They also have a capable QB and some Hogs up front. But they lost a ton of talent as well with Wilson, Bragg, James, Griffin, on offense and Gaughton, Schmidt and others on D. But again, you got the States highest ranked player, its hard to overcome, they just won't the other impact players they've had the past 2 years to go with him. Rita's current Sophmores have been just average the past 2 years.

MC- Lots to reload on offense. QB a big ? until they know for sure whats up with Rogers injury. Enzo De Rosa actually had more carries then Odeluga this Spring and shined at times but isn't an every down back. Darrion Dupree was a Freshman Phenom at RB and may get some work. Boersma is a D1 linemen but they need to replace the other 4. Current Soph Durig (6"5 290) is getting some attention by schools. Marist WR transfer Tucker Miller got hurt and didn't play at all in the Spring, but I heard he has talent. Joey Thompson had 16 receptions vs BR and had a few other big games, he will be a workhorse, but they got some holes to fill offensively. Defense will be strong. 7 players who started or had extended playing time in the Spring will be back. 2 DL starters, 2 LB and 3 DBs. Class of 2023 was 9-0 as Freshman.

Early Prediction. SR in 2021, MC in 2022. Both great games.

Lets get MC/JC back too
Would love to see it. I think JC is back to the point where they could compete with MC in football. I know the schools just played in baseball. They've played basketball games in recent years. They also have had wrestling meets, where JC has greatly improved, but still has a ways to go to compete with MC.

Reactions: Bowie50
MC vs Rita will come down to who wins the turnover battle and special teams. Should be a very close game - next year at MC should be a different story (Rita loses too much after this coming season)

@Topiary and @McCaravan have a pretty good read on the 2-year commitment.

My 2 cents are:

I like the secondary coming back led by Bartos and Hall

We know the returning O line is huge but I see the front 4 on D as being as big as the Pat O’Connor days as well.

Returning LB McNabb probably benefited from the 6 game season more than any other player. Getting to play and practice around Gaughan, his growth from game one to game 6 was impressive.

Losing Wilson (WMU) and Bragg (NIU) will be tough but there are some nice skills in the program. It’ll be fun watching who rises to the top and how they are all used.

I know that I’m the ultimate Mustang homer but I like the starters they have at each of the lower levels. We all know how important depth is at the privates so there’s that concern but talent wise, they’ll be competitive if they put the work in.

I’m demanding St. Rita in red jerseys and Mount Carmel in yellow pants.

You have to be kidding otherwise your giving us old guys on this site way to much credit to what we think. I mean way to much. 😂

I do agree with you for the most part, but there's a part of me that believes we posters (albeit, once in a blue moon) might of had a tinge of persuasion in the past. For me, this board pushed he 1-32 seeding issue to the max and some coaches picked up on this and went to bat to their respective ADs.

This one may have a very minute tinge as well.

And I don't know why I quoted 3OrangeWhips in this response. Can't undo it. But, I agree with his sentiments, especially the late '80s through the '90s red jerseys.

I do agree with you for the most part, but there's a part of me that believes we posters (albeit, once in a blue moon) might of had a tinge of persuasion in the past. For me, this board pushed he 1-32 seeding issue to the max and some coaches picked up on this and went to bat to their respective ADs.

This one may have a very minute tinge as well.

And I don't know why I quoted 3OrangeWhips in this response. Can't undo it. But, I agree with his sentiments, especially the late '80s through the '90s red jerseys.

Lol
Love the passion but when it comes to what is worn, I don’t think it will turn the tide unless you offered up an idea that they didn’t think about? In that case carry on because we old farts do look at things a little differently than the young wiper-snappers! 😂

Reactions: Wittymoniker1
Lol
Love the passion but when it comes to what is worn, I don’t think it will turn the tide unless you offered up an idea that they didn’t think about? In that case carry on because we old farts do look at things a little differently than the young wiper-snappers! 😂
You are so very humbled. In this case, it could've been that angst against the horrible seeding situation gained some steam; which then, in turn, gave the coaches/ADs some fodder to form a narrative. I think a lot of coaches who, at first, accepted stupid, full of puke north/south breakdowns which led to horrible quads in a lot of cases.

I think it was 2015, but after the 9 - 1 Mustang lost to 10 - 0 Caravans in Round TWO, I know for a fact some of the coaches began to speak up and force the issue to be changed. And it did.

You are so very humbled. In this case, it could've been that angst against the horrible seeding situation gained some steam; which then, in turn, gave the coaches/ADs some fodder to form a narrative. I think a lot of coaches who, at first, accepted stupid, full of puke north/south breakdowns which led to horrible quads in a lot of cases.

I think it was 2015, but after the 9 - 1 Mustang lost to 10 - 0 Caravans in Round TWO, I know for a fact some of the coaches began to speak up and force the issue to be changed. And it did.
2013. Best 2 7A teams in the state that year

Reactions: Bowie50
MC beat Rita in second round that year 20-15 and then Downers north 7-0 in the quarters.
Yes the infamous “DGN won’t get past the 50 yard line” prediction game. And I don’t think they did. MC D that year was phenomenal and the 25 mph winds and rain/mist all game did both offenses no favors.
After SR was up 15-13 with 6 minutes to play in round 2, MC D gave up a total of 6 points against the quarters, semis and championship teams they faced. @Blue Ruin point remains.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT