ADVERTISEMENT

Marist at Naz

BornNRazed

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
I'll start. Marist listed as a -2 dog by Ignazio. Naz posted a huge win at Marist last year after Marist came out very hot in the first half. Edgy was at the game if memory serves me. Recent history, Marist has thumped Naz soundly both home and away. The teams do not like each other so I expect yet another great football game this weekend. Naz has torn through its opponents without concern. Marist has already battled ND, Brother Rice and Mt Carmel. Side note. Naz is offering only one ticket per Marist player and no tickets to the sophomore parents. Giddy up!

Reactions: ignazio
I'll start. Marist listed as a -2 dog by Ignazio. Naz posted a huge win at Marist last year after Marist came out very hot in the first half. Edgy was at the game if memory serves me. Recent history, Marist has thumped Naz soundly both home and away. The teams do not like each other so I expect yet another great football game this weekend. Naz has torn through its opponents without concern. Marist has already battled ND, Brother Rice and Mt Carmel. Side note. Naz is offering only one ticket per Marist player and no tickets to the sophomore parents. Giddy up!
I like Marist in this but there is some concerns in the Marist secondary and Tyler Morris had a huge game vs Marist last year and he’s back. It’s supposed to rain, may disrupt the passing game...Marist needs to do what MC did to Naz and just run the ball behind that huge line and control the clock and keep Morris on the sideline.
Side note- At least you got one ticket, De La Salle will not allow even that from the Visitors. Streaming here we go again!

Any streaming of this game planned along with any others like Loyola/Hillcrest, Lockport/LWE, etc.? Times and platform info, too? Thanks.

1 too many

Reactions: epicbret
I like Marist in this but there is some concerns in the Marist secondary and Tyler Morris had a huge game vs Marist last year and he’s back. It’s supposed to rain, may disrupt the passing game...Marist needs to do what MC did to Naz and just run the ball behind that huge line and control the clock and keep Morris on the sideline.
Side note- At least you got one ticket, De La Salle will not allow even that from the Visitors. Streaming here we go again!
When we were at DLS last week I was saying you could easily watch the whole game from the L Station or the alley behind the end zone.

If they key on Tyler Morris they will get burned by Trell Harris (4 Tds 40+ yards in 2 game), Kaleb Miller or Justin Taylor. But will Naz QB have the time in the pocket to let it rip.

Reactions: McCaravan
Any streaming of this game planned along with any others like Loyola/Hillcrest, Lockport/LWE, etc.? Times and platform info, too? Thanks.
All LA home games:

Multiple camera angles. Good student commentary. Go Ramblers!

All LA home games:

Multiple camera angles. Good student commentary. Go Ramblers!
Loyola's broadcasts are really good. I thought the video of Marmion/Naperville Central was good as well.

We don’t like Marist? Ok

Btw Naz players get 2 tickets only no exceptions so not like they’re screwing Marist.

Naz is playing every player on their team meaningful game reps. For them, at least, this season is bigger than wins and losses, for that reason mostly I’ll take Marist by 2+ scores.

Last edited:
We don’t like Marist? Ok

Btw Naz players get 2 tickets only no exceptions so not like they’re screwing Marist.

Naz is playing every player on their team meaningful game reps. For them at least this season is bigger than wins and losses for that reason mostly I’ll take Marist by 2+ scores.

Pretty easy to do when you are playing teams that you can completely dominate. Will be interesting to see how it is handled against Marist.

"playing every player on their team meaningful game reps" Code for "it doesn't matter anyway" or the lead of an excuse if they lose..

Reactions: BornNRazed
"playing every player on their team meaningful game reps" Code for "it doesn't matter anyway" or the lead of an excuse if they lose..
Thank you for your continued interest in Nazareth Academy. You of all people should be thrilled there’s no playoff this year so you don’t have to watch Batavia’s season end at Naz again.

• Love
Reactions: epicbret
Pretty easy to do when you are playing teams that you can completely dominate. Will be interesting to see how it is handled against Marist.
Lol ok. Naz might win, they might lose but everyone will be a part of the gameday experience and I don’t think there’s a single parent that will be upset no matter the outcome Saturday.

Thank you for your continued interest in Nazareth Academy. You of all people should be thrilled there’s no playoff this year so you don’t have to watch Batavia’s season end at Naz again.
Not sure about that.. Without JJ it would've been left to coaching..

Lol ok. Naz might win, they might lose but everyone will be a part of the gameday experience and I don’t think there’s a single parent that will be upset no matter the outcome Saturday.
Why would they care, you guys have made it clear that it doesn't matter..

Why would they care, you guys have made it clear that it doesn't matter..
Has Naz really ruined the outlook in Batavia that much the last 2 years that you guys are so worried about conference championships? Help me here, it wasn’t that long ago that you won state. If Naz wins the CCL Orange there won’t be rings, no tshirts will be printed, there won’t be a welcome home party. There will be a patch for the letterman’s jackets I guess and you won’t see another mention of it ever again. Actually kids don’t even wear letterman’s jackets anymore so it probably goes right in the junk drawer at home. Every game of course means something but you know that the big picture goes way beyond wins and loses, this year is a good example of that and while Batavia may have a different outlook I’m certain it’s the same life lessons being taught over there.

Ouch

the
so not sure if you were a parent but yikes parents were very upset. When you have no fans or bands you really hear everything. Every play the NaZ stands complained. Not abnormal but you painted a picture like it was all sunshine and rainbows in LaGrange. Everyone plays and gets a medal.

the

so not sure if you were a parent but yikes parents were very upset. When you have no fans or bands you really hear everything. Every play the NaZ stands complained. Not abnormal but you painted a picture like it was all sunshine and rainbows in LaGrange. Everyone plays and gets a medal.
Yep I was up there. Where was the problem? 95% of the complaints were people complaining about officiating (they were fine that’s just every game). Show me one complaining about playing time.

They complain about play calls a lot, they complain about timeout usage a lot. That’s most ignorant fans, they think they know more than coaches. See it everywhere. There’s a set of brothers that were very loud and vocal but that’s just them, I also saw them chatting and hugging coaches etc after so I think you’re misrepresenting them. Like you said it happens at every school every game. The loud majority is heard but I haven’t heard or seen a single one complain about playing time. Naz played every kid and simply didn’t deviate from their plan. You might not be impressed but I sure am.

Marist is an excellent team, everyone there has always been classy and they were again this year. Very deserving victors today and I’ll be rooting for them from here on out.

ADVERTISEMENT