ADVERTISEMENT

Make the in-state schools play each other?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
It's been an "issue" with me for a long time now...honestly more from a basketball standpoint but still very relevant in football as well.

Should the public in-state schools (I assume you can't make the privates) at the same level play against each other?

Example? Iowa I believe has a state law that says Iowa/Iowa State (FBS schools) have to play each other every year. Iowa in particular is fighting it now because they have passed on some much bigger payout games but still....

Could/should we see say Illinois have to play NIU each year? FCS level is a bit different with the majority already in the MVC (ISU/SIU/WIU) minus EIU (who is scheduled pretty regularly with the other in-state FCS schools).

In Hoops I'd love to see an early November tourney in Chicago featuring Illinois/NW/Loyola/DePaul/UIC then town in say a SIU/ISU/Bradley etc.

Reactions: biglatte
Could/should we see say Illinois have to play NIU each year? FCS level is a bit different with the majority already in the MVC (ISU/SIU/WIU) minus EIU (who is scheduled pretty regularly with the other in-state FCS schools).

No

In Hoops I'd love to see an early November tourney in Chicago featuring Illinois/NW/Loyola/DePaul/UIC then town in say a SIU/ISU/Bradley etc.

Yes.

ADVERTISEMENT