ADVERTISEMENT

Make a 6 game schedule

Assuming they do it by conference here's what I see happening.

All conferences...use last year's conference standings for crossover games.

Mix and match conferences based on number...I used 1 example for each

6 team conference (DVC)
Play all 5 other teams and 1 home and home based on last year's standings 1-2, 3-4, 5-6

7 team conference (Southland)
Play 5 of 6 other teams...last year's conference champ gets to play all 6....teams that don't play...2-7, 3-6, 4-5 have a bye one week and need to find a game

8 team conference (DuKane)
Play 6 of 7 teams...teams that don't play 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5

9 team conference (None in Chicagoland...maybe downstate?)

Top 3 Play 6 of 9 teams...4-9 play 5 games need to find a 6th...I think that works

10 team conference no divisons (Fox Valley)
Create 2 divisions of schools 1-5 and 6-10...follow next model

10 team conference 2 divisions (SWSC)
Blue and Red play their division schedule and 2 crossovers...1-2 crossover against each other for 2 games, 3-5 play 2 of 3 crossover games against each other

11 team conference (Big Twelve)
Find a 12th team this year and live up to the name and see below

12 team conference (Southwest Prairie)
East and West play their division schedule...1 crossover...1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6

13 team conference (Metro Suburban)
Treat each division as a separate 7 and 6 team conference and follow those rules

14 team conference (West Suburban)
Gold and Silver plays 5 of 7 division games, division games that don't happen 1-6, 2-5, 3-4 and 1 crossover...1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5, 6-6 7th place teams play 6 of 7 divison games and no 7-7 crossover

CCL-ESCC
3 divison games and either (A) 3 crossovers based on historical rivalries or (B) 3 crossovers based on conference standings...Blue/Green, Orange/White, Purple/Red...1 doesn't play 4, 2 doesn't play 3...everyone else crosses over.
Why not a few Wednesday / Saturdays in 1 week. They are not in NFL... Not a huge deal to play 2 games in 1 week

All.... Steve Soucie has put out an interesting schedule with district play and several options relating to playoffs.

If the numbers can work here is what I would like to see. A six game season with districts. Eight districts in each class. Once figuring out at the conclusion who is #1 in each district. Those eight that finished first in their respective class play each other the next three weeks for the state championship. Work out schedules for the other teams that didn't finish first.

Steve had this with a ten game season but getting that extra one in could be problematic. Ratsy

https://www.fridaynightdrive.com/20...-make-football-work-this-school-year/af7hywj/

Last edited:
I don’t get the Rochester vs ESL matchup either.

However, I would like to see Rochester vs Montini matchup. Two great spread teams go at would be fun to watch.

Off topic...the CSN game of the week they are playing currently is awesome. Marist vs Barrington

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT