ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola

ramblinman

Jul 18, 2001
Loyola goes 3-0 vs. the south side with a solid win at Rice last night on only four days of rest. Next up is Marist on 4/17 for the potential sweep.

Is Benet cancelling a done deal? If so, are the Ramblers looking for a game in the next two weeks? If not, they will be well rested, and potentially a bit rusty, for their final game of the season at Marist on 4/23. That's a tad over three weeks between their third and final games of the season. If they don't play again until the Marist game, and if they win, then Loyola will go 4-0 on the season playing just one home game. As much as I want the Ramblers to play as much football as they can and finish this cluster of a season undefeated, I can certainly understand if some of the players, especially those who are continuing to participate in other sports this year, were to take a pass.

I can see a couple coaches in the state that would ok a game if theirs is cancelled. Great way to gauge your program. I’m not going to say there is going to be a line out the door, but my fearless, no-inside-knowledge prediction is that Loyola will play 6 games.

I can see a couple coaches in the state that would ok a game if theirs is cancelled. Great way to gauge your program. I’m not going to say there is going to be a line out the door, but my fearless, no-inside-knowledge prediction is that Loyola will play 6 games.
Boylan has a week 4 opening. Not sure if Boylan could hang but I'd love to see the matchup

They’ll find something I’m sure, every week there has been teams scrambling. Question is will be worth the time. LA playing Leo isn’t going to help keep you sharp, your better off inter team scrimmaging. I would think Benet would be good for next week unless they really had a strong breakout. But I’m certain they’ll play. If MC has a team cancel they’ll play LA again!

Reactions: RockSoup
Boylan has a week 4 opening. Not sure if Boylan could hang but I'd love to see the matchup
Hope it happens for two teams that wouldn’t normally play LA, replacing their week 4 and 5 (if they are indeed officially canceled) opponents.

From afar, all I’ve seen from Coach Holecek the last decade is class. He’s going to prepare and play to beat you but also rotate personnel to prep his whole team.

@Bowie50 @ramblinman @MWittman

If this is set up, can I get a finders fee like a pool party for my family at the new Aquatic Center on campus? Thanks in advance

Reactions: Bowie50
Hope it happens for two teams that wouldn’t normally play LA, replacing their week 4 and 5 (if they are indeed officially canceled) opponents.

From afar, all I’ve seen from Coach Holecek the last decade is class. He’s going to prepare and play to beat you but also rotate personnel to prep his whole team.

@Bowie50 @ramblinman @MWittman

If this is set up, can I get a finders fee like a pool party for my family at the new Aquatic Center on campus? Thanks in advance
We’ll give ya a brick, Rock!

• Love
Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT