ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola at Marist

BornNRazed

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
IMHO the game of the week, but there is obviously several other games that can lay claim. I've seen both teams play this year. I think this game comes down to a turnover or more likely, special teams. Marist is weak in the kicking game this year. They are also small in the secondary. The front seven play on both sides will be worth the price of admission or NFHS. Both teams return most of the same starters from a year ago. Loyola will NOT gain over 50 yards on the ground versus Marist. Marist will struggle to get into the end zone. 21-14 Final. Flip a coin on who comes out on top.

• Haha
Reactions: lookoutforliam
IMHO the game of the week, but there is obviously several other games that can lay claim. I've seen both teams play this year. I think this game comes down to a turnover or more likely, special teams. Marist is weak in the kicking game this year. They are also small in the secondary. The front seven play on both sides will be worth the price of admission or NFHS. Both teams return most of the same starters from a year ago. Loyola will NOT gain over 50 yards on the ground versus Marist. Marist will struggle to get into the end zone. 21-14 Final. Flip a coin on who comes out on top.
That's a wager I'd take.
Kruetz's son is back, and it'll be a close game, much like the rest of the blue games, with Loyola wearing them down by the third quarter.

At the end of last season, Marist's quarterback was more accurate than Jackson, and Tate burst onto the scene. The offensive skill position for Marist won't be a challenge for the best defense in the state this season. 20-6 Loyola.

pemberton gets 50 yards in the first quarter

pemberton gets 50 yards in the first quarter
Watch 45 for Marist and Kreutz (Don't know his new number). It will be a battle for sure. I stand by prediction although I really was thinking Pemberton will be held to less than 50. One of us will be right. LOL.

Reactions: Bowie50
Raised my eyebrows, too. That OL is very tough and with Kreutz back they're going to be tougher. I think Loyola will have to make Marist pay a price for double-teaming Pemberton or move him around. I think both teams are going to throw some wrinkles into their game plans.
Kreutz has been back, no? I believe he played vs Phillips. Also, the younger Kreutz....watch out, he can hit.

Watch 45 for Marist and Kreutz (Don't know his new number). It will be a battle for sure. I stand by prediction although I really was thinking Pemberton will be held to less than 50. One of us will be right. LOL.
Good thing you didn't actually place that bet lol. Pemberton runs it in from 79 yards out. 14-7 LA

Good thing you didn't actually place that bet lol. Pemberton runs it in from 79 yards out. 14-7 LA
Pemberton is the real deal. Marist is very very very good. I said LA beating Marist is not a foregone conclusion. They can hit!

Sooooooo

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Hats off to Marist on a great season. It was a tight game for a while. Longer than comfortable. I just think LA is on another level this year.
Oh come on. A tight game for longer than comfortable? What's the tipping point on what makes you comfortable in a four score win? Lol

Oh come on. A tight game for longer than comfortable? What's the tipping point on what makes you comfortable in a four score win? Lol
It was close in the first half. LA seemed to kick it into another gear after half. This Loyola team is one of the best IL HS teams I’ve seen in 30 years. That is not hyperbole.

Watching the game again. A couple of takeaways: 1. These Marist boys can flat out hit; and 2. These refs were pretty brutal for both sides. Now bring on LWE!

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
But did he get over 50 yards?
Watching the game again. A couple of takeaways: 1. These Marist boys can flat out hit; and 2. These refs were pretty brutal for both sides. Now bring on LWE!
Watching right now myself. Refs terrible. Both teams should’ve called there own fouls. Marist lost every big play opportunity. I wish Loyola could play LWE for the exclamation point.

Reactions: corey90 and Bowie50
I think next year is LA’s best team. Losing the game-changing Pemberton is obviously huge but as a whole, I’m impressed by the JR and Soph classes in the program.

Reactions: Bowie50
General curiosity question...anybody know where Pemberton would have gone if he went the public route?

I want to say New Trier or E-town...not certain.
They live in Lake Forest but his older brother who plays basketball at Boston College also went to Loyola Academy and captained the team his senior year...Vaughn was also an All-Conference basketball player this year, too...if you want a good book to read, take a look at the book his father wrote that became a best-seller and a movie...explains a lot about Vaughn and why he went to Loyola....

They live in Lake Forest but his older brother who plays basketball at Boston College also went to Loyola Academy and captained the team his senior year...Vaughn was also an All-Conference basketball player this year, too...if you want a good book to read, take a look at the book his father wrote that became a best-seller and a movie...explains a lot about Vaughn and why he went to Loyola....
Very cool! I knew none of this. Thank you. I’m going to check out the book.

ADVERTISEMENT