ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln-Way East vs. Lincoln-Way Central Live Broadcast!

Pretty good choice for a game to broadcast. Last season, probably connected to the fresh closing of LWN, none of the 3 remaining LW schools played each other. Also, in the years before that, East was in the SWSC Blue division and the other 3 in the Red. This game beats the heck out of the Shepard vs Reavis choice last week from that annually weak SSC-Red division.

Reactions: PapayaKing_17
Pretty good choice for a game to broadcast. Last season, probably connected to the fresh closing of LWN, none of the 3 remaining LW schools played each other. Also, in the years before that, East was in the SWSC Blue division and the other 3 in the Red. This game beats the heck out of the Shepard vs Reavis choice last week from that annually weak SSC-Red division.

Last week the Richards at Lemont game was live. The Saturday Reavis game was tape delayed.

How do these teams matchup?
  1. both teams capable of running the football although in very different ways according to their respective formations and attacks
  2. East generally runs a more conservative defensive game plan where Central takes more chances
  3. East big plays most likely to come from QB runs (designed or not) and touches by AJ Henning where Central biggest chunk plays off play action
  4. East maybe a slight edge in the kicking game but both have outstanding return men
Who sees something else?

Coaching

East has Z and Pallisard and a slew of other high level thinkers and motivators. Central has alot of good Twitter and camp coaches who are good motivators. Central will be amped up but east coaching will have them outworked and outschemed.

East 48, Central 14

How much does emotion play in a game like this? Is this one of the stronger rivalries?
Emotion will last about 5 minutes.... Then reality will more than likely set in.
I disagree. There will be high emotions throughout. Problem is, there are a couple LWC players that think they are still on BOOM, hence the personal foul prediction on the other thread.
LWE 41- LWC 13

Reactions: Hawks65
I disagree. There will be high emotions throughout. Problem is, there are a couple LWC players that think they are still on BOOM, hence the personal foul prediction on the other thread.
LWE 41- LWC 13
I will parlay the over on personal fouls, and take LWE laying the points... Lol

LWC is bringing in Jim Cornelison to sing the anthem in case you don’t think this is a very big deal for LWC

LWC is bringing in Jim Cornelison to sing the anthem in case you don’t think this is a very big deal for LWC
They can bring Enrico Palazzo to sing the national anthem and Kate Smith to sing God Bless America.... It's not gonna change the inevitable result of the game

I got East, dont know how big, they tend not to run up the score. Plus I dont know if still true, but I remember some talk about politics keeping the score reasonable. I'll take East by 21. One thing I know is that Central when the dogs are not bashful about trick plays.

Coaching

East has Z and Pallisard and a slew of other high level thinkers and motivators. Central has alot of good Twitter and camp coaches who are good motivators. Central will be amped up but east coaching will have them outworked and outschemed.

East 48, Central 14
I’m pretty sure the LWE coaching staff would not agree with your assessment.

pregame live at 7:15pm on CN100. Hopefully an earlier sunset will help cool things off at game time.

Well I had the 14 points for Central in my 48-14 prediction. East very sloppy 1st half, but as expected coaching and talent did prevail. Centrals overall cupcake schedule will catch up to them. I'm more than pleased they are getting back to their glory days, but you don't poke the beast and expect to come out a winner.

AJ Henning is really good.

Well I had the 14 points for Central in my 48-14 prediction. East very sloppy 1st half, but as expected coaching and talent did prevail. Centrals overall cupcake schedule will catch up to them. I'm more than pleased they are getting back to their glory days, but you don't poke the beast and expect to come out a winner.

2 touchdown spread as predicted

Guess you can fallback on the fact that you predicted Central finished with 14 points, but I don’t think this was quite the blowout you may have expected based upon your 30 point win differential prediction...
I do believe this game is microcosm of the development in the athletic department at LWC over what the past two years.
LWE is one of the top programs in the state, which is a product of the tremendous community commitment and a great coaching staff, LWC hung with them when many thought they wouldn’t, both teams should be congratulated.
Oh, yeah, AJ Hennig is very good, he will look great wearing the purple in a couple of years at NU for Coach Fitz.

It was a very entertaining game. I think both teams have reason to be proud. Tough conditions in the heat and humidity but everyone was leaving it on the field.

It was 14-0 LWC at halftime then LWE woke up

Final LWE 28-14.

LWC is a good team and getting better. Watch this team in the playoffs...

ADVERTISEMENT