ADVERTISEMENT

Legal?

FootballBoy1

Apr 12, 2017
Hi new to the football site. My 2017 junior received this via our email. Is this legal?
Open gym day work outs are starting. We picked a time when all should have from free time. Come on in and be prepared to work and learn schemes on both sides of the ball. This is free and open to all. It is a great way to start becoming a brotherhood and learning together. Time to get involved and get ready. Bring sneaks for the gym we will have the rest of the equipment we will be utilizing.

Remember day one April 23rd 2017 is also uniform fitting day as well. So arrive early so we can get the new uniforms and fittings out of the way. We cannot wait to see all of you in person and spend some time getting to know each of you.

Dates and times

1. Sunday 4/23/2017 2pm to 4:30pm
  2. Sunday 4/30/2017 2pm to 4:30pm
  3. Sunday 5/7/2017 2pm to 4:30pm
  4. Sunday 5/14/2017 2pm to 4:30pm

Let’s have a big turnout.

63cc5c90a267db8b370ab6cb49458f45e6f2637e.png

Last edited:
Just joined today and coming out of the gates hot, good thing you don't have some hidden agenda.

If you are really concerned about it call your AD.

Reactions: MS4EVER
If
Hi new to the football site. My 2017 junior received this via our email. Is this legal?
Open gym day work outs are starting. We picked a time when all should have from free time. Come on in and be prepared to work and learn schemes on both sides of the ball. This is free and open to all. It is a great way to start becoming a brotherhood and learning together. Time to get involved and get ready. Bring sneaks for the gym we will have the rest of the equipment we will be utilizing.

Remember day one April 23rd 2017 is also uniform fitting day as well. So arrive early so we can get the new uniforms and fittings out of the way. We cannot wait to see all of you in person and spend some time getting to know each of you.

Dates and times

First, what's the issue?
Second, why put that out in a public forum? It's not hard to know what school....

Regardless of its legality, the ethics and morality of such an offering is questionable, particularly if in-season athletes could attend. The idea of someone in a spring sport getting injured from a football open gym therefore becoming lost to the team is hard to fathom. A parent permitting such off-day participation would be misguided also.

It's open gym and it said open to all. There's the catch. I believe it is perfectly legal. I'm sure no one outside of football will show up, but as long as its open to all people and is just an open gym, I think to is fine. Many kids are doing organized 7 on 7's now with clubs and their high schools. Whats the difference? No one seems to questions those. It is what it is. lol

I'm fairly certain it's illegal but good god who is really complaining about this?

Also what school does your son attend that he's a 2017 Junior???

Reactions: Bowie50

Dates and times

Does your son currently attend St Francis?

This is odd. Sounds like someone has an agenda against the new head coach. Sour grapes from a former coach? Hudl sometimes causes things like this when people aren't removed from the roster.

Dates and times

If it's not legal, I'm sure your biggest rival will find out for you!

This is odd. Sounds like someone has an agenda against the new head coach. Sour grapes from a former coach? Hudl sometimes causes things like this when people aren't removed from the roster.

Agree. I think its a former head coach still in the building. The same one I called out a few months back for trashing Ros. He used to post as Bling Diesel.

You can have open gym, play catch and throw the ball around. Once instruction by coaches regarding scheme takes place that is not allowed is my understanding the rules

Reactions: Patzo
It's open to all! Anyone can come. Somebody has an ax to grind. Joined yesterday. It doesn't matter.

What are you driving at?
Read below. I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my thoughts.

I guarantee you that is no dad. I'd say 99% of dads would be pretty excited to have their kids having open gym with the new coach...Legal or not. I doubt they'd come on a message board with this as well.

Read below. I'm pretty sure I'm spot on with my thoughts.

I guarantee you that is no dad. I'd say 99% of dads would be pretty excited to have their kids having open gym with the new coach...Legal or not. I doubt they'd come on a message board with this as well.
I agree it is not a Dad. I didn't follow your Hudl reference.

Google is a great thing.....;)
St. Francis hired Arena League hall of famer Bob McMillen, a Naperville resident, as its new football coach.
Thanks for reply! I just found it myself! It looks like a very good hire, especially being involved in the junior tackle program for that long. It will be great for attracting kids to rebuild the program!

I agree it is not a Dad. I didn't follow your Hudl reference.
The hudl reference is because if a new staff doesn't remove people from their roster(former coaches, graduated players) they continue to get messages. My thought was that the new staff didn't remove a former coach or a disgruntled former parent/player, then they received the news of the open gym. As an IC guy I hope McMillen does well. I like st Francis, always have, I have family that went there and they have nothing but great things to say.

The hudl reference is because if a new staff doesn't remove people from their roster(former coaches, graduated players) they continue to get messages. My thought was that the new staff didn't remove a former coach or a disgruntled former parent/player, then they received the news of the open gym. As an IC guy I hope McMillen does well. I like st Francis, always have, I have family that went there and they have nothing but great things to say.

eagles,

I am pretty sure this guy is a former coach who tried to get back on staff at SF was told no way and is taking it out before he moves away. If I'm right this guy will not be at SF next year.

You can have open gym, play catch and throw the ball around. Once instruction by coaches regarding scheme takes place that is not allowed is my understanding the rules

Totally agree, I was blinded by the "open to everyone phrase" to include about learning scheme is not good

Do two Hail Mary's and all is forgivien for this seemingly trivial technical wording/process error with open Gym invite. Trust me - I stayed at a Holiday Inn last nite.

Making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT