ADVERTISEMENT

Kmet to the NFL

Quags57

Aug 15, 2006
Notre Dame tight end and St. Viator graduate Cole Kmet announced his intention today to forgo his senior year next year and enter the NFL draft.

Did he ever play baseball at all at ND Quags?

He has played the last two seasons. He was second in innings pitched as a freshman and appeared i 8 games last year as a sophomore but got injured.

He has played the last two seasons. He was second in innings pitched as a freshman and appeared i 8 games last year as a sophomore but got injured.

Quit after that to focus on football. Where does he project in the draft?

He projects as a second rounder right now by the advisory committee. He is also being projected as TE1 in the draft.

He made himself some money with his play in the Georgia game, he stood out on a field filled with future NFL players.

Reactions: Gene K.
On a different note, ND related. Did anyone see on twitter that Julian Love now the Giants season is over is headed back to ND to finish his last 21 credits in the spring. Pretty awesome stuff from a very high character kid. Wish more athletes that leave early went back to finish their degrees. Football doesn't last forever.

On a different note, ND related. Did anyone see on twitter that Julian Love now the Giants season is over is headed back to ND to finish his last 21 credits in the spring. Pretty awesome stuff from a very high character kid. Wish more athletes that leave early went back to finish their degrees. Football doesn't last forever.

I'm not surprised by this, which is a surprise in and of itself. Good for Julian but 21 hours? Yikes.

Reactions: epicbret
I'm not surprised by this, which is a surprise in and of itself. Good for Julian but 21 hours? Yikes.
21 hours at ND is a very difficult task. But lets be honest GPA doesn't matter anymore. He can pass with c's and d's right?

Reactions: epicbret
Most ND football players take 15 hours and must take 6 hours every summer.... every ND scholarship player is tracked to finish in 3.5 years 1. To free up scholarships and 2. Graduate before entiring the league. 3. Keep GPR Rankings up ! No C's and D's get you demerit points and ultimately lose scholarship.

Reactions: Quags57 and eireog
Also see how Love finished the year? Coaching staff looked very dumb

Kmet is a future NFL star. He has Kittle RAC potential

Is anyone else surprised that Kmet is leaving Notre Dame? Most of the Offense (including QB) is coming back. Most "Experts" believe they will be a Top 10 team next year and lastly....it's Notre Dame?!?

Is anyone else surprised that Kmet is leaving Notre Dame? Most of the Offense (including QB) is coming back. Most "Experts" believe they will be a Top 10 team next year and lastly....it's Notre Dame?!?
$$$$. And I don’t blame him one bit

Maybe he doesn't want to just finish as another ND team that finishes below expectations.

Take the opportunity when it comes. He should have 1or2 semester's left just like Julian Love and Jaylin smith
who returned to finish classwork and get degree

Just read a report that shows him possibly ending up with the Patriots in the First Round.....starting to make sense!

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT