ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky HS Sports Allows Seniors another year of Eligibility

This is a stretch, but let's say the entire senior class at Ashley Judd High decides to take that offer. Does the junior class move up and now the senior class doubles in size with those returning? They worded it to say it's about making up missed opportunities in class but it's really about sports.

Not really a big deal 99.9% won’t do this I would bet there are only a handful of kids that use it.
Well based on personal experience you might be surprised, college basketball team that my daughter plays for had 1 senior this year and now will have 10 seniors for next season. Understand it is not high school but with a number of people that have not found a spot in college yet and are looking at a potential PG year to find something it will be a more preferred route since there will be no cost incurred by the family other than ones attending private schools, my guess is that those would possibly be able to transfer to a public school to avoid that as well.

Not really a big deal 99.9% won’t do this I would bet there are only a handful of kids that use it.
There were always a few 19 year old wrestlers beating up on kids 2-3 years younger than them at the state tournament each year. Most seemed to have some debatable reason why they had to be held back a year.
Some people will probably take this opportunity for football too.

There were always a few 19 year old wrestlers beating up on kids 2-3 years younger than them at the state tournament each year. Most seemed to have some debatable reason why they had to be held back a year.
Some people will probably take this opportunity for football too.

There is one annual top team in Illinois filled with kids held back before high school in wrestling.

Reactions: Bwm57
About 15+ years ago, a high-profile, multi-school, far southwest suburban HS district arranged to include "guidance" within the kindergarten registration process of the feeder elementary districts about delaying male student enrollment a year. Veiled as an innocent academic initiative, the intent was to allow more male maturity to goose district standardized test scores for the annual HS school report cards down the line and athletic size considerations (not necessarily in that order). I do not recall this occurring for more than the one year.

ADVERTISEMENT