ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Lynch hired as new NIU Running Backs Coach

As an NIU alumnus I am very excited about this hire. I hope this will allow NIU to be increasingly effective in recruiting the Chicago market.

My only disappointment is that Lynch has given up on his pursuit of professional play. I really wanted to see him make a pro team as a 3rd string QB or Special Teams player. Unfortunately his brand of football does not translate well to the NFL.

Reactions: Gene K.
Bobby Frasor never actually coached D1 basketball (worked for two programs) and was selling real estate when he took the Rice job.
Bobby was on staff at UAB for at least 1 year, if not more.

As director of basketball operations. Which is not a coaching position.
He was being groomed to be a college coach, he spent time as a GA under Roy Williams...listen my comment about him taking over for Lenti was said as a tongue in cheek joke, but it wouldn't shock me...some of these high school jobs pay a lot better then college assistants and are more secure then college jobs if you succeed.

As an NIU alumnus I am very excited about this hire. I hope this will allow NIU to be increasingly effective in recruiting the Chicago market.

My only disappointment is that Lynch has given up on his pursuit of professional play. I really wanted to see him make a pro team as a 3rd string QB or Special Teams player. Unfortunately his brand of football does not translate well to the NFL.
This is the best move for Jordan in the long run IMO. Congrats to him!

ADVERTISEMENT