ADVERTISEMENT

Joliet Central hires

Uhmm.. ok.
All the luck in the world to him.

I wonder what the application pool was like.

if you can win at Simeon, Phillips, and East St Louis why can’t you win @. JT Central?

it all starts with parental and Admin support.
keep it as real as it gets. If you REALLY WANNA WIN!

Reactions: Gene K.
Joliet Centrals demographics are nothing like the schools you mentioned. So many obstacles to winning there.

Reactions: NNFAN
What’s the difference in the denigraphics? I beg to differ between those schools and JT Central.

What’s the difference in the denigraphics? I beg to differ between those schools and JT Central.
Central is 65% Hispanic that makes it a challenge since its a group of kids that typically doesn’t play football.

Reactions: NNFAN
If this was the 1970s or early 1980s, your position would hold water.
Those schools have predominately African American student bodies who's students and families have long followed football.
Nearly 70% of JT Central's is Hispanic of which many are first generation on US soil.
Culturally most IHSA sports, especially football, do not have deep appeal to many of these families.
For various reasons, the student body is unusually transient and has a high drop out rate.
These are a just a few of the real world differences.
I give a lot of credit to Coach Hart for taking on this very challenging role and wish him all the best.

If this was the 1970s or early 1980s, your position would hold water.
Those schools have predominately African American student bodies who's students and families have long followed football.
Nearly 70% of JT Central's is Hispanic of which many are first generation on US soil.
Culturally most IHSA sports, especially football, do not have deep appeal to many of these families.
For various reasons, the student body is unusually transient and has a high drop out rate.
These are a just a few of the real world differences.
I give a lot of credit to Coach Hart for taking on this very challenging role and wish him all the best.
Where is Tom Hart from? Do you know his approximate age?

LTHS - Tom Hart is from Lockport. Homer Stallions also. I think you know the family

Optimism is contagious... until your consecutive 48-0 bearings. Kids stop coming to practice; coaches staff starts lagging in prep...

juarez is the intern coach... great guy. Organized, LOVES JT... but when you keep recycling the same- you always get the same results.

Hart needs to clean house. Not sure the JT ADMIN would let him bring in an. Entirely new staff AND LET him run the ship the way it needs to be.

remember your not at Maine South, LWE, Naperville’s... your @ JT CENTRAL. Remember what needs to be done at the grass roots level.

I see this mistake at other schools... coaches “wanna be” this or that. Much different than using those other schools as measuring marks.
I had an HOF Coach tell me this... go in and do it your way. You cannot be afraid to be fired; if your true to yourself and what you think the plan is to create better people, students and athletes... then DO IT

Sorry for Rambling. I would love to see JT CENTRAL win a state title in football. Call me crazy. But ingredients are there; it’s a “crockpot” not an aire fryer situation... keep that in mind.

Optimism is contagious... until your consecutive 48-0 bearings. Kids stop coming to practice; coaches staff starts lagging in prep...

juarez is the intern coach... great guy. Organized, LOVES JT... but when you keep recycling the same- you always get the same results.

Hart needs to clean house. Not sure the JT ADMIN would let him bring in an. Entirely new staff AND LET him run the ship the way it needs to be.

remember your not at Maine South, LWE, Naperville’s... your @ JT CENTRAL. Remember what needs to be done at the grass roots level.

I see this mistake at other schools... coaches “wanna be” this or that. Much different than using those other schools as measuring marks.
I had an HOF Coach tell me this... go in and do it your way. You cannot be afraid to be fired; if your true to yourself and what you think the plan is to create better people, students and athletes... then DO IT

Sorry for Rambling. I would love to see JT CENTRAL win a state title in football. Call me crazy. But ingredients are there; it’s a “crockpot” not an aire fryer situation... keep that in mind.

Sorry, but the ingredients are not there. There is zero chance JT Central will win a state title in football in the foreseeable future.

Sorry, but the ingredients are not there. There is zero chance JT Central will win a state title in football in the foreseeable future.
Yes, and the suggestion that they should let the new coach bring in his own staff and clean house is just not how public schools work. There typically aren’t enough open teaching positions to allow full staff turnover or even close to it. You largely inherit your staff at large public schools and you can bring in your own guys as volunteers and begin filling the paid stipend spots through attrition.

Central is in a really bad division of the SPC and is at the bottom of that division. Even the good teams in the good division of the SPC have struggled to get any 8A playoff success. So they are so far from being able to compete in the bad division, then win the bad division, then compete in crossover games, then maybe have a chance for winning more than a game or two in the playoffs in a given year.

Not saying it can’t happen, but it’s a full scale project that may bear some fruit in the playoffs, optimistically, around 2030.

ADVERTISEMENT