ADVERTISEMENT

JCA

redmen85

Dec 17, 2014
Wrestling.
Yes JCA wrestling.
They had their first state champion since Pat Mudron won the HWT division in 1967.
Congrats to DJ Hamiti (106 lb.)and all involved.
The continued growth of the wrestling program can do nothing but help the football program.

Reactions: USD24
Also saw Jack Finnegan got 5th at 113. The new coach, Ryan Cumbee, has made an immediate impact. Hopefully, he sticks around for awhile.

It was mentioned at the alumni banquet that he and his assistant wrestling coach both donated their coaching stipends to the renovation of the wrestling room at JCA. Impressive commitment.

It's shocking to me the are not a powerhouse.

It's all about the coach. Wrestling is a clannish, tight knit community. Everyone knows anyone who IS someone. A new coach, if he is the right coach, can turn things around very quickly.

Aurora Christian had no wrestling program until last year. In only two years they have leap frogged everyone in Class 1A. Coach has a marquis reputation in the wrestling community and top notch wrestlers flocked to the program.

Hats off to the coach at JCA.

Coach has a marquis reputation in the wrestling community and top notch wrestlers flocked to the program.

Which is a luxury the rest of the 1A schools do not have, so when anyone questions the multipier/SF set up, look at comments like yours and us AC wrestling as the example.. and if the IHSA would ever take the time and look into it, how many rules violations could they find?

redmen85, I had no idea it had been that long. I never would have guessed it. Good for them.

It's all about the coach. Wrestling is a clannish, tight knit community. Everyone knows anyone who IS someone. A new coach, if he is the right coach, can turn things around very quickly.

Aurora Christian had no wrestling program until last year. In only two years they have leap frogged everyone in Class 1A. Coach has a marquis reputation in the wrestling community and top notch wrestlers flocked to the program.

Hats off to the coach at JCA.

Agree 100% with bolded

my point is the 50 years time, that's like 5 missed coaches...

Which is a luxury the rest of the 1A schools do not have, so when anyone questions the multipier/SF set up, look at comments like yours and us AC wrestling as the example.. and if the IHSA would ever take the time and look into it, how many rules violations could they find?

You don't know much about Illinois wrestling do you? Check the original hometowns of recent rosters of public powerhouses like OPRF and Carl Sandburg.... I'd say during OPRF's best year out of the 14 weight classes only 2-3 were true OPRF'ers.

Like OPRF? Tell your story walking Jon.

Shouldn't you be teaching now rather than posting your daily, droning, rant!

I get no one likes this guy but his point is completely legitimate, the previous post basically acknowledges AC is recruiting their wrestlers.

I keep seeing responses of but OPRF does it, so since they cheat it makes it ok for everyone else to do it? Also OPRF are a 3A which is a lot different then what AC is facing considering many of the teams OPRF faces are also recruiting.

Clown,

Cat box did not say AC is recruiting their wrestlers. What he said is that wrestling is a very tight knit "clannish" group. This means everyone is plugged into where their kids or siblings will find success. If that's the case, and I have no reason to think otherwise after spending the weekend here in PA at a state qualifier for wrestling, the families will seek out the performing program(s) and "flock" to them.

So the biggest difference between the privates that enjoy the "luxury" and the publics is that the private parents get to pay thousands of dollars for their kids to attend, while the public parents get to falsify address records and manipulate the system.

I get no one likes this guy but his point is completely legitimate, the previous post basically acknowledges AC is recruiting their wrestlers.

I keep seeing responses of but OPRF does it, so since they cheat it makes it ok for everyone else to do it? Also OPRF are a 3A which is a lot different then what AC is facing considering many of the teams OPRF faces are also recruiting.

Flocking to and illegally recruiting is a big bridge to try and connect... that's what oprf says too... kids come on own cuz they like the coach and want to be with better training partners. That happens in every sport. You don't think certain kids flock to homewood flossmor for football or Simeon for basketball or X school for baseball?

I keep seeing responses of but OPRF does it, so since they cheat it makes it ok for everyone else to do it?

You're missing the point, clearly. His goal when he enters these threads is to denigrate any private school. The point of countering with OPRF is to offset his ONLY point.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76

And the class size argument is dumb too... you know how many kids from the greater Decatur area have probably found their way into the Maroa Forsyth district for football or Rochester out of Springfield area? Happens at all sizes of schools.

You're missing the point, clearly. His goal when he enters these threads is to denigrate any private school. The point of countering with OPRF is to offset his ONLY point.

That is true but he does make some legimate points.

Yep. He is a one-trick troll, who pollutes most every thread he enters with the same inflammatory rhetoric.

Wrestled for JC and loved every minute of it. Incredibly proud and great moment.

That is true but he does make some legimate points.

He makes one point. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Not to accuse AC of anything, but one of my teammates who pinned one of AC’s top wrestlers claimed to have been talked to about going to AC for wrestling by one of the coaches. Now wether this is true or not I’m not sure but it is some food for thought.

Not to accuse AC of anything, but one of my teammates who pinned one of AC’s top wrestlers claimed to have been talked to about going to AC for wrestling by one of the coaches. Now wether this is true or not I’m not sure but it is some food for thought.

I'm pretty confident he was talked to by the coach at the school he wound up at, right?

I'm pretty confident he was talked to by the coach at the school he wound up at, right?
Fair point, I mean I would assume so at least ;however, his brother does also attend the school but regardless. Plus I don’t know the full extent of the conversation for either school so my post was a bit ill advised.

So the biggest difference between the privates that enjoy the "luxury" and the publics is that the private parents get to pay thousands of dollars for their kids to attend, while the public parents get to falsify address records and manipulate the system.

Epic post, jwar. So excellent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT