ADVERTISEMENT

JCA out of state wins

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
Good day for the Hilltoppers. Beat Moeller(oh), who was ranked #2in Ohio 10-7 and then beat North Portage, the #1 ranked team in Michigan 3-1 in Indy today.

Last edited:
They needed that.
I would have thought the start of the season would have been a little better.
i.e. Plainfield Central?

They needed that.
I would have thought the start of the season would have been a little better.
i.e. Plainfield Central?
Some bullpen control issues cost them a couple of games. I like where they're at, though. They currently sit at 14-4 and have played a very difficult schedule. Some of their juniors seem to be getting acclimated to varsity ball and are stepping up.

BTW Redmen, I don't recall you commenting on the big 5A title game win by the Hilltoppers. I know you doubted their alleged improvement throughout the year. Seems like that improvement carried through to a championship game victory that very few gave them any chance of winning. I guess that alleged improvement was real and went beyond what you perceived to be less than stellar competition leading up to the championship game.

PJJP
Calling me out on a baseball board over a football game/comments that happened 4 1/2 months ago.
Now that's good humor!
JCA played a fantastic game. The running back was inspirational.
JCA had 2 D-1 O-linemen and an offensive line that was dominant.
5A =EEhh. Not so good.
Just my opinion.

PJJP
Calling me out on a baseball board over a football game/comments that happened 4 1/2 months ago.
Now that's good humor!
5A =EEhh. Not so good.
Just my opinion.
God, you JCA folks are so predictable. The insecurity complex among JCA fans, alums is like nothing I've ever seen before.Wow, great wins. Your football team was great. It's like a teenage girl that constantly needs to be told how pretty she is.

PJJP
Now that's good humor!
5A =EEhh. Not so good.
Just my opinion.
I'll explain my post, since it seems to have caused a bit of stir. USD makes a positive post about JCA baseball, and predictably, redmen accentuates the negative, as he typically does with JCA. Therefore, I took the opportunity to call him out, as is my right. Don't like it? That's fine.

Last year, after JCA lost to Coal City, redmen called out the behavior of JCA fans. This year, when the football team went on a historic run, he questioned the level of competition. Now he questions the start of this year's baseball team, which is sitting at 14-4 after playing a very difficult schedule. And why question the loss to Plainfield Central? They're a solid team and are currently 10-4. How about giving them some credit? I see an agenda and am pointing it out. Thin-skinned? Call it what you want. I'm calling it as I see it.

And to the Rice fan, gimme a break. How about you not paint all JCA fans with the same brush? I don't speak for the fan base. I expressed my own opinion.

And to USD, my apologies for contributing to the hijacking of the the thread. Congrats to the Hilltoppers on two quality out-of-state wins.

Beating Montini was a good win. Very good.
The fans were unruly.
I didn't expect this team to lose 4 games all season. Very talented.
That's all.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but if JCA scores at least 3 runs in a game they will be a VERY difficult team to beat.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT