ADVERTISEMENT

Its official Muhitch leaving WWS

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Announcement was made earlier this evening on the football alumni site.

Record as head coach 153-63 record with 3 state titles (2006, 2009 & 2010) and 3 runner ups (2007 & 2011)

Record as Defensive Coordinator 182-64 with 4 state titles (1992, 1995, 1996, 1998) and 2 runner ups (1990 & 1991)

With no heir apparent to take over the program it appears the next head coach may be currently coaching somewhere else.

It was a great run and the program is in very good shape for the future.

Pretty sure WWS did not exist 25 years ago. Wheaton Central? Or maybe it was the 2dt year of WWS.
And it’s Wheaton and warrenville - demographics haven’t really changed...
Jesus Christ.

Wheaton Warrenville South started in 1992. It was Wheaton Central from 1964-1991.

A quick look into the school report card will show a drastic drop in white students and a dramatic rise in Hispanics students over the last 25 years. Not good or bad. Just a fact. 20% change in demographics.

Pretty sure WWS did not exist 25 years ago. Wheaton Central? Or maybe it was the 2dt year of WWS.
And it’s Wheaton and warrenville - demographics haven’t really changed...

You can make arguments if the demographics of the school matter in regard to football but the statement he made about the make up of the school is 100% true.

Reactions: AlwaysABulldog
You can make arguments if the demographics of the school matter in regard to football but the statement he made about the make up of the school is 100% true.
what has changed in the demographics? Wws is not the power they once were but I wasn’t aware things had changed that much.

Jesus Christ.

Wheaton Warrenville South started in 1992. It was Wheaton Central from 1964-1991.

A quick look into the school report card will show a drastic drop in white students and a dramatic rise in Hispanics students over the last 25 years. Not good or bad. Just a fact. 20% change in demographics.
I would bet most public schools in this country have seen a similar change in demographics.

Jesus Christ.

What was the racial make-up 25 years ago? Just checked and WWS is 64% white. Was it really 85% white before?

Announcement was made earlier this evening on the football alumni site.

Record as head coach 153-63 record with 3 state titles (2006, 2009 & 2010) and 3 runner ups (2007 & 2011)

Record as Defensive Coordinator 182-64 with 4 state titles (1992, 1995, 1996, 1998) and 2 runner ups (1990 & 1991)

With no heir apparent to take over the program it appears the next head coach may be currently coaching somewhere else.

It was a great run and the program is in very good shape for the future.
Muhitch is a good guy and a really good coach.

I never understood why Arthurs left to go to NN. Is there any chance he'll apply for it or will WWS want head coaching experience?

I would bet most public schools in this country have seen a similar change in demographics.
I would agree that most areas with some affordable housing have seen the change. Areas without that haven’t and won’t change any time soon.

Muhitch is a good guy and a really good coach.

I never understood why Arthurs left to go to NN. Is there any chance he'll apply for it or will WWS want head coaching experience?

Take a look at the teaching pay scales at both schools.

What was the racial make-up 25 years ago? Just checked and WWS is 64% white. Was it really 85% white before?

Not sure of the exact numbers but I’m guessing that’s not to far off. There is still plenty of talent in the school but just a smaller pool.

Not sure of the exact numbers but I’m guessing that’s not to far off. There is still plenty of talent in the school but just a smaller pool.
Somebody up above said that most schools are seeing a similar shift. I would agree with that other than the wealthiest of schools. You just won’t see the Stevenson’s, Barringtons, and New Triers of the world changing like everyone else. They aren’t world beaters at football anyways.

25 years ago NN, NC, WWS, were perennial contenders. Now they might have a semi finalist every few years. I think public schools are going to continue to see a downturn in their competitiveness at the highest level. Right now the only public schools still maintaining a year in and year out high level are glenbard west, Maine south, prairie ridge, Cary grove, Lincoln way east etc. Look at the racial/economic make up of those schools. The sleeper is Warren Township. They don’t look like those other schools but are playing and will be playing at a high level for years to come.

Jesus Christ.

Sorry wrong year....

For the school population, i agree ClownBaby. Probably similiar stats for WN, although different make up. You kinda hit my point, for football i don’t think it has changed the program(s) much. At WN I think demographic changes have helped in some regards although not necessarily showing up in the records.....

AlwaysABulldog, hardly thought my post warranted a “Jesus Christ” reaction. Why post about student population demographics on a football board unless you think it impacted the football program? I should have been more clear in my post. And yes, I got the year wrong...

For the school population, i agree ClownBaby. Probably similiar stats for WN, although different make up. You kinda hit my point, for football i don’t think it has changed the program(s) much. At WN I think demographic changes have helped in some regards although not necessarily showing up in the records.....

AlwaysABulldog, hardly thought my post warranted a “Jesus Christ” reaction. Why post about student population demographics on a football board unless you think it impacted the football program? I should have been more clear in my post. And yes, I got the year wrong...

I think the bigger issue at WWS is the declining enrollment has hurt the program numbers, WN will be stable and slightly growing the next few years while I’m pretty sure WWS will drop to 6A in the next few years.

OC Sean Norris would be a great fit. I'd imagine he'd be the favorite. Great character and relates well with young people. Was the QB at Wheaton college for the semi-final run in 2007(could be off on year).

Dark horse may be OC Brad Spencer at North Central. Just think he'd be a good fit and would do well.

OC Sean Norris would be a great fit. I'd imagine he'd be the favorite. Great character and relates well with young people. Was the QB at Wheaton college for the semi-final run in 2007(could be off on year).

Dark horse may be OC Brad Spencer at North Central. Just think he'd be a good fit and would do well.

With all high school hires a lot of it depends on available teaching positions and with Covid D200 trying to shrink the class sizes so there is a large amount of positions open. We will just have to wait and see since there has always been a clear transition plan at WWS but things have been murky the last few years, it very well could be Norris but it’s not clear like it has been in the past.

Announcement today at 3pm, no clue who it will be the process has been very tight lipped.

Great coach and comes from good people. Had the pleasure of interacting with his extended family a few times and they were awesome.

Reactions: Gene K.
Can’t speak for others in my profession, but the two interactions I had with him he had a great dry sense of humor.

Reactions: Chief321
ADVERTISEMENT