ADVERTISEMENT

Is Joe Burrow Better Than Trubisky?

...and I bet he doesn't have the best OL in the league. Love the guy's accuracy and calm under pressure when he gets it though

I’d take Hurts over Mitch. Ready to
Move on to anyone.

Love Hurts passion and leadership. He’s won on the biggest stage.

Could be the next Dak Prescott

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
I’d take Hurts over Mitch. Ready to
Move on to anyone.

Love Hurts passion and leadership. He’s won on the biggest stage.

Could be the next Dak Prescott

he(hurts) will not be a nfl qb, best position for him will be a running(slot) back.

Patterson needs to be used as hard down running back and tightend type.
we could trade mack, cohen, and Montgomery and get hurts as the premier slot guy and wildcat guy. he will most likely be the next hill. and then if mitch falters can be a usable qb in wildcat backup.
this year also, you will trade trevathian, fuller, leno, burton, and shaheen and get draft picks for future, but, most importantly, you will lose all 2020 games and get lawerance 2021.
need (olinemen big10), te's, wr's, two shutdown cb, and bigtime safety(2020).
2021 you get #1 qb(lawerance) and two linebackers.
thank you and happy new year(s).

Last edited:
he(hurts) will not be a nfl qb, best position for him will be a running(slot) back.

we could trade mack, cohen, and Montgomery and get hurts as the premier slot guy and wildcat guy. he will most likely be the next hill. and then if mitch falters can be a usable qb in wildcat backup.
this year also, you will trade trevathian, fuller, leno, burton, and shaheen and get draft picks for future, but, most importantly, you will lose all 2020 games and get lawerance 2021.

Well why wait until next year. Trade the house this year for #1pick Burrow. Why wait and be the worse team in the league to get Lawrence in 2021? It is all a pipe dream but if the Bears are serious we need a true Franchise QB. The past has proven we can’t win the SB without one. Don’t point at the very few that have won without a proven top QB your kidding yourself.

No qb can throw lying on his back. Until they get rid of Leno jr and get some pro caliber tightends you can keep throwing new meat behind center and will get the same result. Receivers as well, most drop passes in NFL...

Reactions: go dogz and Gene K.
Well why wait until next year. Trade the house this year for #1pick Burrow. Why wait and be the worse team in the league to get Lawrence in 2021? It is all a pipe dream but if the Bears are serious we need a true Franchise QB. The past has proven we can’t win the SB without one. Don’t point at the very few that have won without a proven top QB your kidding yourself.

because you cannot get anything else then. you need another year regardless. mack does nothing for your team next year and we do not have any draft picks that would/could make dent in any of the 32 teams lineups. you need to address a multitude of problems, oline at least 3, te's need 2, and you will need at least burner of receiver, other power receiver(Robinsons body is not going to keep up), and you need two shut down cb's, need to get rid of fuller and dix. you can get draft picks for this season and next, and not winning next season will get first overall.
pipe dream NO, but money, draft picks, and player stock management YES.

And with the Bengals O-line and receivers.

why? what are you gonna do, try to trade for him in 4years?
his arm can make good receivers much better. he throws to an area and good receivers are able to run underneath most of his passes. his strengths are getting receivers to comeback and separate why? because they believe he is not going to put them into a very vulnerable position.
very few of his passes were hanging receivers out to dry and take huge hits. you are correct that may change in nfl, but he has played against starting caliber corners and defensive schemes.
he sees the game differently than most.
and yes, i agree with you, he will need a fairly good line because he is mostly a pocket passer.

because you cannot get anything else then. you need another year regardless. mack does nothing for your team next year and we do not have any draft picks that would/could make dent in any of the 32 teams lineups. you need to address a multitude of problems, oline at least 3, te's need 2, and you will need at least burner of receiver, other power receiver(Robinsons body is not going to keep up), and you need two shut down cb's, need to get rid of fuller and dix. you can get draft picks for this season and next, and not winning next season will get first overall.
pipe dream NO, but money, draft picks, and player stock management YES.

I would still trade the house and get a franchise type QB that will be around a long time to build around. Heck I don’t care if we lose 2 years and he sits on the bench until we rebuild. You have a chance to build around a player that will change the face of the Chicago Bears.

I would still trade the house and get a franchise type QB that will be around a long time to build around. Heck I don’t care if we lose 2 years and he sits on the bench until we rebuild. You have a chance to build around a player that will change the face of the Chicago Bears.
Again, as I said in the other thread, your idea isn't practical. There are so many things wrong with this idea. Now, you want another re-build? Are you kidding? You can't keep "re-building" every two or three years and expect to win anything.

Why are you going to trade for the first pick if you don't plan on playing him for 2 years? How is he going to progress if he isn't getting game reps? Wasn't the lack of playing time for Trubisky one of the problems? College football, no matter how good, is not the NFL. Not even close. I might agree if Brett Favre was in front of him like in the Aaron Rodgers situation. But Brett Favre isn't in front of any QB here.

You have cap issues, no 1st round pick to trade and I would be very cautious to trade another future first round pick.Tell me how you would go about making this fantasy happen.

Again, as I said in the other thread, your idea isn't practical. There are so many things wrong with this idea. Now, you want another re-build? Are you kidding? You can't keep "re-building" every two or three years and expect to win anything.

Why are you going to trade for the first pick if you don't plan on playing him for 2 years? How is he going to progress if he isn't getting game reps? Wasn't the lack of playing time for Trubisky one of the problems? College football, no matter how good, is not the NFL. Not even close. I might agree if Brett Favre was in front of him like in the Aaron Rodgers situation. But Brett Favre isn't in front of any QB here.

You have cap issues, no 1st round pick to trade and I would be very cautious to trade another future first round pick.Tell me how you would go about making this fantasy happen.

LTHS
I didn’t intend for it to be practical. I meant to shake the thought pattern of the Chicago Bears brass. We have never built a team around the QB. We haven’t won a Super Bowl in 35 years. We were lucky to win it in 85 with our QB. It was the defense that won it got them there. In today’s football that is not going to happen anymore. Everything favors the offense. IMO we need to get with the program and build our team around the most important player on the team the QB. Throw everything you got to get the best in that position and build the team around him.

So trade Mack and your RB depth for a project who is a third round grade?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT