ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa High School Baseball and Softball to start June 1st

There was a 40 team baseball tournament in Missouri two or three weeks ago. I understand at least two teams from Illinois went there.

Reactions: IgorStL
There was a 40 team baseball tournament in Missouri two or three weeks ago. I understand at least two teams from Illinois went there.
by any chance did you ask how it went (if you know anyone that went). Some of the rules seem almost not worth it, but money talks and most everyone paid in full by the time all this hit.

by any chance did you ask how it went (if you know anyone that went). Some of the rules seem almost not worth it, but money talks and most everyone paid in full by the time all this hit.
Actually, I read it somewhere. No idea how it was handled.

Out little league here where my kid plays starts up June 1

Is it a private field? Our league is privately run but we play on Park District facilities so we are at the mercy of the state since the Park District is following their lead.

Is it a private field? Our league is privately run but we play on Park District facilities so we are at the mercy of the state since the Park District is following their lead.
Privately run, Park District fields. Its run by one of the police lieutenants so I'm sure they have it all taken care of. We play Darien Youth Club.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
There are some posters on this board that would have called the cops if they had seen that. And then bragged about doing it. I share your delight in seeing this type of progress.
All the little "do-gooders." First of all the cops here wouldn't prosecute anyone. The mayor signed a letter that was signed by numerous mayors around the state asking the governor to open the state more aggressively. And if you rat people out in these parts you will most likely get your a$$ kicked.

Agree on some of the proposed rule "suggestions/guidelines" for all sports including football. Just to even hold workouts or practices concerns me that it will turn off some kids and parents with even bothering. Probably not the impact ones or kids that love it, but I fear it will knock down participation across the board. Another possible situation where the cure is worse than the problem.

Agree on some of the proposed rule "suggestions/guidelines" for all sports including football. Just to even hold workouts or practices concerns me that it will turn off some kids and parents with even bothering. Probably not the impact ones or kids that love it, but I fear it will knock down participation across the board. Another possible situation where the cure is worse than the problem.
Just heard today, more people in California have died from suicide this year that the virus. I wonder how many of those suicide deaths were brought on by the virus. The vast majority I would guess.

All the things guys like you and I and a few others here were predicting two months ago, such as the increase in suicide, domestic violence, increases in alcohol and drug abuse, additional sickness and heart conditions brought on by stress, more deaths from lock downs than the virus itself and several other things has all come to pass. The cure has definitely turned out to be far worse than the virus. And those situations and deaths will increase more as this goes on. Bank on it.

@LTHSALUM76 yep I saw that- not sure if it was all of CA or just some counties, but did see a report that showed that. No matter, it still highlights everything you said. Now that other states are moving faster than us (especially with what kids can do), I am interested to see the dynamic shift from a few months ago to a new one, where people get impatient that they can't do what others can.

All the things guys like you and I and a few others here were predicting two months ago, such as the increase in suicide, domestic violence, increases in alcohol and drug abuse, additional sickness and heart conditions brought on by stress, more deaths from lock downs than the virus itself and several other things has all come to pass. The cure has definitely turned out to be far worse than the virus. And those situations and deaths will increase more as this goes on. Bank on it.
Bullseye! Let's acknowledge that there will be risks, there always is, and get back to our lives.

Just heard today, more people in California have died from suicide this year that the virus. I wonder how many of those suicide deaths were brought on by the virus. The vast majority I would guess.

LTHS
I called this out 2 months ago in a thread and knew it was just a matter of time before it was talked about.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
LTHS
I called this out 2 months ago in a thread and knew it was just a matter of time before it was talked about.
You are one of the guys I was talking about Corey. You were right there too. But will the others admit to being too cautious? Hell no. Goes against their narrative and their egos won't let them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT