ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s AJ’s Dad’s Twitter: Chill about 2nd String

Forgive my ignorance, but while being named a starter is a big deal, with as much rotation teams do isn’t it likely that A.J. will play just as many snaps regardless?

Exactly. AJ got to play in all games last year and al they are talking about is some rushing down - he will be in on passing downs. They are high on this kid but if a senior starts the year ahead of him on the depth chart, it's really meaningless.

And the old man made that clear to the chuckleheads online.

Exactly. AJ got to play in all games last year and al they are talking about is some rushing down - he will be in on passing downs. They are high on this kid but if a senior starts the year ahead of him on the depth chart, it's really meaningless.

And the old man made that clear to the chuckleheads online.

Yes. And the other thing is that Iowa depth charts mean almost nothing. I'm a rabid Iowa fan and we always joke about the 1st depth chart especially.

The kids ahead of him have tons of starting experience. AJ's terrific, but essentially they've got 3 starting DE's who will be rotating in (and AJ will definitely play some DT on passing situations also).

Reactions: Gene K.
There's a younger Epenesa that's like 11 years old or something and already looks like a grown man! lol He's expected to be the 2nd coming of AJ.

Not in 9th grade yet,.....so that means He won’t be playing Friday correct?;):)

In all seriousness, I have heard of kids in 8th grade in some states playing varsity football. Not sure how that works or if it is a consolidated grade 6 thru 12 school or something.

Not in 9th grade yet,.....so that means He won’t be playing Friday correct?;):)

In all seriousness, I have heard of kids in 8th grade in some states playing varsity football. Not sure how that works or if it is a consolidated grade 6 thru 12 school or something.

lol We sure could use him this weekend when you guys visit! lol

Reactions: Gene K.
Didn’t ESL - maybe a decade ago -ha e an 8th grader playing? Was that Vincent Arterbridge?

NO
But Back in the early 90's ESL high schools only had 10th 11th & 12th graders. However a RB name Kevin Beard was able to play as a Freshman. I think that was Coach Shannon's last year.

Mark Hall, NCAA wrestling champion and runner up at Penn State won 6 Minnesota state high school wrestling championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT