ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting PR Stat

Bold claims! I like it! I don't think there is any doubt that much of MC's success has been due to stellar defensive play in it's best years. They weren't winning any shoot outs with that option offense. Prarie Ridge can score with anyone.

Montini was fortunate that it wasn't snowing when Montini had the ball on offense.

images
Now that's witty. Well done.

I was at both of the Montini-PR games. Montini in the snow storm beat them by a TD and in my opinion if it there wasn't such bad weather conditions would have beat them by a bigger score than the final. As far as the other game, no contest Pr manhandled them all game.

Montini gave PR the option to play the day before with no snow but PR would not return Montini's calls.

Montini would have beat PR bad on a dry field that year and the PR coaches knew it (thus no returned calls)

And yet the architect of that offense and state championship was run out of the program. I guess this falls under the category of what have you done for me lately not what have you done.
Side note: For you history buffs out there, the architect of that offense was actually Bill Mack, my high school coach, a hall of fame head coach from Crystal Lake Central who, after retiring from Central, coached at Carmel as an assistant during that great run. He was also responsible for installing the triple option at Cary Grove and Prairie Ridge.

Prairie Ridge will blowout Nazareth by a 52-7 score and convince more of you that they are the best all time option team.

PR has had a very very nice run the last few years. However, it's been the last few years. Mt. Carmel has been doing it for decades. As a former player at a school with tradition, it drives me nuts when teams have a good stretch and think they need to be in the conversation about best of anything. Listen, they created the multiplier rule a few years back and had three schools in mind. JCA, Providence, and Mt Carmel. This notion that PR is the best ever at anything in this state is ridiculous. They literally tried to punish three teams for being good and they still won rings. So let me know when a PR rule gets enacted and maybe we will talk about best ever and doing anything.
Multiplier rule was adopted in a long string of attempts to level the field. Who caused the rule is subject to bias...Bishop McNamara, Sterling Newman, Sacred Heart Griffin to name a couple more...Who doesn't think the old rule of playing the larger of: 1) your actual enrollment; or 2) the average of your opponents enrollment with yours...wasn't directly pointed at Mac...

Prairie Ridge will blowout Nazareth by a 52-7 score and convince more of you that they are the best all time option team.
Cute rainmaker, and no doubt that PR runs the TO extremely well, but take out Evans and I think you have an average TO backfield team. Of course you have your line which is key, etc., and no disrespect to the others in the backfield, but you just don’t see the stats or hear the names very often of the others in that backfield. Clearly the QB is the key in running it, but there have been other TO teams that had a greater number of total threats in the backfield that supplemented a great QB. I am not familiar with the great MC and other teams that were close to being unstoppable, and I know there were a whole bunch, but I am familiar with the 2009 CG championship team and I would put Krebs, Hembrey, Chandler and Hapanovich up against any TO “total” backfield.

Reactions: Gene K. and MR. "T"
And if they don't, or dare I say lose..... you'll be running for a dark corner after this weekend. This is a premature discussion imo. No way they blow out Naz, and Naz could very well win. Good luck this weekend, and Go Roadrunners!

Reactions: Gene K.
Option football with an inline TE and WB position players was around long before Bill Mack.

Yes, he helped install it at several schools in the area, however, to call him the architect of that offense is absurd.

Option football with an inline TE and WB position players was around long before Bill Mack.

Yes, he helped install it at several schools in the area, however, to call him the architect of that offense is absurd.
Of course it was around, but I believe the inference was he was the architect of it up here in the NW suburbs and without him, CG, PR, etc. may not be running it today.

No shots fired. If and that's a big if I wanted to take a shot I would say something like on this windy day all the Mt Carmel guys can't even here you with the rustling of all their championship banners.
Solid response! I love it! I need more of this! Lol

I think you also have to look at who these teams are playing. PR is explosive I'll give you that. But their schedule is nowhere near MC.

The Blue divisional games, no doubt, toughest confrence in IL usually...

But.....Taft, Lane, DePaul, DeLaSalle.....come on...

but don't act like MtC plays the toughest schedule in the IHSA

ADVERTISEMENT