ADVERTISEMENT

In an Alternate Universe

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
I will be at Reilly's Daughter later pregaming for MC at BR along with LA and Marist fans as they play down the street. Shots galore of Jameson. Hopefully celebrating a big win and getting ready for Selection Saturday the next day.

I just heard there are restaurants in my area defying the Governor's order and are staying open and having indoor dining and drinks. One of them is a very familiar name here in the Joliet area. My wife's boss told the women in the office in honor of that, he would let them all off work early today and he would buy drinks there if they want to go.

And I assure you, that place ain't cheap.

More good news. Here in L-Town, I know of several bars staying open with inside dining and drinks, including Ron Coomer's place, "Coom's Corner."

I seriously doubt our mayor will do anything to prohibit their staying open. He is totally against all this nonsense. I say good for them and remind everyone...this crap is what big government looks like. Remember that November 3rd.

With attitudes like those posted here today, it is no wonder that sports are at risk in the spring. Keep showing no regard for what science tells us and you can kiss football good bye in March. As for BBall and wrestling that will be cancelled next week as the state is once more going the wrong way in controlling the virus.

Reactions: Zebra and kpjasion
With attitudes like those posted here today, it is no wonder that sports are at risk in the spring. Keep showing no regard for what science tells us and you can kiss football good bye in March.
Why aren't they at risk in the 40 other states that are full go?

It makes perfect sense because infection rates don't mean hospitalized or dead as much as it did in March. In fact nationwide the hospitalization and death rate just continues to decline. Cases don't mean anything without context. Back to normal, back to no masks, back to reality for all. I'm actually heading to a will county bar/restaurant in 30 min.

I have no idea why they are allowed to play. With the high infection rates in most states is makes little sense.
Other states are irrelevant. JB controls our state and will keep his foot on the throats of Illinoisans as long as covid is around. Seems like folks would have figured that out by now.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
With attitudes like those posted here today, it is no wonder that sports are at risk in the spring. Keep showing no regard for what science tells us and you can kiss football good bye in March. As for BBall and wrestling that will be cancelled next week as the state is once more going the wrong way in controlling the virus.

I agree we should follow the science and go total lock down like they did in Europe it has proven to be a very successful model.

I agree we should follow the science and go total lock down like they did in Europe it has proven to be a very successful model.
Look to Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Southeast Asia in general for the best approaches.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Look to Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore and Southeast Asia in general for the best approaches.

They do it best but there is no way to contract trace and get ahead of the virus like they do here.

They do it best but there is no way to contract trace and get ahead of the virus like they do here.
Having worked out of South Korea and Southeast Asia, the difference between the US and those countries is that they practice self discipline and follow what the government sets as guidelines making it much easier to control an epidemic. This is simply not the case in the U. S. as we somehow think rules impede our rights.

Fully encourage:
  • extra cautions for the most statistically vulnerable,
  • fully remote learning options for families not wanting in-person,
  • defer to individuals and businesses with regard to masks, distancing, hand-washing,
  • avoid risky public circulations at your own choice.

Dr. Ezike of the IDPH, bless her heart. was overcome with emotion at yesterday's COVID briefing. Would this call into question or be in opposition to "following the science?" Can or should the latter exist in a vacuum?

It makes perfect sense because infection rates don't mean hospitalized or dead as much as it did in March. In fact nationwide the hospitalization and death rate just continues to decline. Cases don't mean anything without context. Back to normal, back to no masks, back to reality for all. I'm actually heading to a will county bar/restaurant in 30 min.
If you think hospitalizations are down... You REALLY haven't been paying attention!

Plus it's a virus, so it's a numbers game. Thursday and Friday were the two WORST days for new infections in the US since this started. Worse than any day last March or April.. Which will mean even more hospitalizations and eventually more deaths.

If you think hospitalizations are down... You REALLY haven't been paying attention!

Plus it's a virus, so it's a numbers game. Thursday and Friday were the two WORST days for new infections in the US since this started. Worse than any day last March or April.. Which will mean even more hospitalizations and eventually more deaths.
Waaaait 2 weeeeeks! Yes since March, hospitalized are down. Deaths are down. We have seen a small uptick in some hospitalized recently, but compared to overall testing it is still a downward trend. Just like the summer Sunbelt spike. It will slightly go up but we will be back on a reduced rate very soon. Because most people testing are young. Hospitalized and deaths don't always follow positive cases anymore like it did in March. We have much better treatment now. But we need to wait 2 weeeeeks!

Waaaait 2 weeeeeks! Yes since March, hospitalized are down. Deaths are down. We have seen a small uptick in some hospitalized recently, but compared to overall testing it is still a downward trend. Just like the summer Sunbelt spike. It will slightly go up but we will be back on a reduced rate very soon. Because most people testing are young. Hospitalized and deaths don't always follow positive cases anymore like it did in March. We have much better treatment now. But we need to wait 2 weeeeeks!

Hospital and infections are increasing at record rates. You need to do a little research on the case counts and % of infections.

Reactions: kpjasion
Hospital and infections are increasing at record rates. You need to do a little research on the case counts and % of infections.
Here's your research: Ethical Skeptic on Twitter. All data taken from CDC and hospitals. You're welcome. Shall we check back in 2 weeks? And then 2 more weeks?

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
And don't even try to tell me no young people die from this. I watched an old college roommate of mine bury his 8th grade daughter in April. It does harm and kill young people.

And don't even try to tell me no young people die from this. I watched an old college roommate of mine bury his 8th grade daughter in April. It does harm and kill young people.
Yea there have been a few. Like extreme, extreme outliers. Of course some young healthy people die. Just like they die from many other things in life (that actually have a lower probably of mortality rate like I dunno...shark attacks, driving, drugs, alcohol poisoning, etc etc). If a healthy young person takes their life because of depression due to covid lockdowns and virtual school, does that matter? I mean, if it saves one life right? Perhaps we should check with the Huntley community about that now.

Yea there have been a few. Like extreme, extreme outliers. Of course some young healthy people die. Just like they die from many other things in life (that actually have a lower probably of mortality rate like I dunno...shark attacks, driving, drugs, alcohol poisoning, etc etc). If a healthy young person takes their life because of depression due to covid lockdowns and virtual school, does that matter? I mean, if it saves one life right? Perhaps we should check with the Huntley community about that now.
SMH. How long are we gonna continue this garbage?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT