ADVERTISEMENT

IHSBCA Summer Tourney

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
Starts today. MC faces Bradley in Oak Lawn regional. At Lockport you have Lockport vs Romeoville, Provi vs Minooka. At Lemont there is Lemont vs Lockport (they have 2 teams??) And Sandburg vs LWW. Looks like some sites are doing a double elim format similar to the CWS 4 team regionals. Pretty cool, wish that would carry over to spring.

Starts today. MC faces Bradley in Oak Lawn regional. At Lockport you have Lockport vs Romeoville, Provi vs Minooka. At Lemont there is Lemont vs Lockport (they have 2 teams??) And Sandburg vs LWW. Looks like some sites are doing a double elim format similar to the CWS 4 team regionals. Pretty cool, wish that would carry over to spring.
I think you'll see more and more of that for the summer tourney as more and more teams are dropping their summer teams.

I think you'll see more and more of that for the summer tourney as more and more teams are dropping their summer teams.
Possibly although I heard from Wujik that this summer saw a return of more teams that dropped before, this more teams are entered this year than last couple. Believe that was due to dropping all minimum game requirements. So teams can just play the summer tourney and do workouts on their own, which is a good idea.

Just checked the ihsbca site and it said that all regions are double elimination now

Good luck to all teams beginning bracket play this week to advance to summer state next week. Brackets below by section

Lake Park is my favorite regional. Also, Lockport and Richards regionals are a joke.

Lake Park is my favorite regional. Also, Lockport and Richards regionals are a joke.

FYI the Lockport and Richard started their regionals 2 weeks ago with a double elim. So now they are down to final 4 "sectional". They had more teams in each beginning 2 weeks ago. Other sites didn't do this.

Lockport came out of a regional with romeoville, minooka, and provi. East came out of a site with Shepard, Chicago christian, and someone else. Sandburg and West came from a site with another Lockport team and Lemont.

Crusaders are headed to summer state. Swept out St Laurence in 2 games to make the trip. Good luck boys!

They did a very poor job posting brackets this year.

ADVERTISEMENT