ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA meeting recap with IDPH

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
And they really accomplished nothing...Writing is on the wall

“Increasingly improbable”

Last edited:
They need to focus on getting kids back in the classroom first. Mine are supposed to be back to hybrid in 2 weeks but I’m not holding my breath.

Why are you holding your breath? All Catholic schools have at least been on hybrid all year with some full in class and there have been very little issues.

Alos, I thought when a vaccine became available we should go to stage 5 or whatever the hell the highest phase is.

Why are you holding your breath? All Catholic schools have at least been on hybrid all year with some full in class and there have been very little issues.

Alos, I thought when a vaccine became available we should go to stage 5 or whatever the hell the highest phase is.
Catholic schools may be back but not public schools by us. We’ve seen the classroom 4 days all school year.

Aurora Christian k-12 has operated as normal since the first day of class.

No outbreaks

Reactions: ignazio
Catholic schools may be back but not public schools by us. We’ve seen the classroom 4 days all school year.
Mount Carmel has been going 5 days a week, with some kids getting it here and there, no outbreaks. But MC has 600 boys and room to spread out...schools like large public schools that have over 2,000 plus its a bit harder. Hybrid though can be done. Marist has over 2,000, Co-Ed and has been doing Hybrid schedule successfully.

What angers me the most - and my daughter is a senior at Warren, is that the school boards, districts and superintendents have had since March of last year to figure this out. MARCH! My daughter has not spent a day in school and the lazy ass narrative is that well we are following the health guidelines. Then the school has the balls to ask for support for a referendum to get more money to support “programs.” I’m sure we aren’t the only ones but it’s embarrassing on many levels. Theirs a way to do this if you want to REALLY WANT TO. Again kids have been the only adults in the room this far. They’ve done everything that’s been asked of them and don’t have a damn thing to show for it because the adults who are supposed to lead, have failed miserably.

My God. If we aren't playing, just come out and clearly say so. And please, don't start with the "science" explanations that ignore the multitude of other states holding athletic competitions. At this point I'll be happy with the ol' tried and true, "Because I said so!"

Reactions: ilovethedew
Geneva has been on hybrid all year with some coming every day. Some cases here and there, but the only spike was after Thanksgiving when no one was in school. 1608 HS students coming to school every other day since September.

Reactions: Daddio22
Meanwhile Iowa just announced yesterday that they are removing HS attendance restrictions! Still have to socially distance and wear masks, but aren't capping fans at a certain number. Kids get to play and in front of decent crowds. Hooray for us!

The smugness of O'Brien through all of this really is something. I would love to know why he thinks March or April will happen. There is no "science" being followed. It is all on how JB feels and the schools are terrified of him.
He was another one of those "they aren't cancelling, they are postponing the season" people too.

My God. If we aren't playing, just come out and clearly say so. And please, don't start with the "science" explanations that ignore the multitude of other states holding athletic competitions. At this point I'll be happy with the ol' tried and true, "Because I said so!"
Exactly, my kid can get a job, make plans for Spring Break, enjoy what's left of his senior year before heading to college camp without, well I don't know if we are playing are not being his answer to everything. This doesn't mean I want it and that I won't be pissed off about it.

I suggest that anyone that questions the facts that schools should be open, take a look at this pamplet, Unreported Truths about Covid-19 and Lockdowns by Alex Berenson. Very well written and researched. All documented.

I suggest that anyone that questions the facts that schools should be open, take a look at this pamplet, Unreported Truths about Covid-19 and Lockdowns by Alex Berenson. Very well written and researched. All documented.

this is the exact problem. No one knows what’s fact or diction. What to read that’s true and what’s fake. We’re living in twilight zone.

only fact that I know of is that the schools that are open and operating w students inside are doing just fine.

What other proof is there that can be trusted?

Seems like many people and organizations in recent days are in CYA mode paying unauthentic lip service to resumption of HS athletics before either complete cancellations or unrealistic weak substitutes for seasons are imposed.

this is the exact problem. No one knows what’s fact or diction. What to read that’s true and what’s fake. We’re living in twilight zone.

only fact that I know of is that the schools that are open and operating w students inside are doing just fine.

What other proof is there that can be trusted?
There are plenty of facts out there, just the media and politicians are not recognizing the data.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Without being Captain Obvious, it's tricky... Someone can look at the numbers and see how "out of control" the virus is world-wide. 12,000+ people have died in the U.S. the last 3 days. At the same time, if you look at some of the states with the most restrictions and compare to some of the less restricted states, the numbers are very similar. So short of a full scale "China-like" lockdown, none of it really seems to matter.

Like so many of you IMO the decision makers do not recognize or feel any real political pressure to take any risk. Sadly our kids will not be playing. Volleyball parents were a louder voice than state folks anticipated. Private facility owners are taking matters into their own hands. But again the political play here will be well first we aren't going to sign off on basketball. Than two weeks later, well we didn't allow basketball so we really shouldn't allow football. Lacrosse same. Wrestling same. Warmer months we offer baseball track and maybe soccer as a peace offering but by than who really cares. The class of 2021 was out of luck. I know many more localized factors at play but i guarantee that simple explanation goes into the mindset of pols and administrations. Stinks.

Reactions: Formicidae13
This part of all this, is when does that door open? I’m fearful for next school right now! Especially if football and hoops are not even played at all this season. Once a door is shut, it is very difficult to re-open that door. Hopefully they give a green light for say April for both football and basketball at same time. Who cares at this point about conflicts with each other or travel sports. This needs to start this year in any fashion to give hope for a normal year next year. It’s that simple. If not, what will change by June camps? Summer leagues? 7on7s? Weight room usage? Some public conference needs to be a trailblazer and just start up. Be the superintendent and board that saved football and basketball. Be remembered forever!

I know this board is about high school football and like everyone else I want it back. But more importantly I want life back. I want to take my wife to a nice dinner, see a movie, go to a concert, have beers with my buds, see extended family, take that European vacation, drop my kids off at school in the morning. Sure we can do some of these but not under the "advisement" of our leaders. The highlights of my days right now are a trip to the gym and a Jewel run for the wife, with a damn mask on my face. I'm sick of it. We need normalcy and unfortunately I don't see high school football getting a free pass by our governor until all those other restrictions in our lives are lifted. This damn vaccine better work.

Last edited:
Now that CPS will be back to in-person learning, I do have high hope for HS football in this state this spring... CAN’T WAIT!!

I know this board is about high school football and like everyone else I want it back. But more importantly I want life back. I want to take my wife to a nice dinner, see a movie, go to a concert, have beers with my buds, see extended family, take that European vacation, drop my kids off at school in the morning. Sure we can do some of these but not under the "advisement" of our leaders. The highlights of my days right now are a trip to the gym and a Jewel run for the wife, with a damn mask on my face. I'm sick of it. We need normalcy and unfortunately I don't see high school football getting a free pass by our governor until all those other restrictions in our lives are lifted. This damn vaccine better work.

well said brother

Reactions: greatgig13
No one knows what the actual true numbers are. So many false positives that don’t go counted.

We all have our stories - my latest one is my boss tested positive before Hip replacement surgery. When he was told he was positive he said there’s no way that’s accurate. “I’m 62 and not healthy. If I had covid - I would know I have it. I’m not a healthy 20yr old.” He demanded to go get tested again. They re-tested him twice....tested negative both times. Never

How many times is this happening and people accept the test? Hundreds of thousands possibly??

Now that CPS will be back to in-person learning, I do have high hope for HS football in this state this spring... CAN’T WAIT!!
Unfortunately there is no plan for the CPS High Schools to return yet...just grade schools. Which makes no sense but we are talking about CPS here.

Reactions: IgorStL
Unfortunately there is no plan for the CPS High Schools to return yet...just grade schools. Which makes no sense but we are talking about CPS here.

Ok, I didn’t realize it was just grade schools. Still I’m more optimistic and I think the HS will be soon to follow.

Ok, I didn’t realize it was just grade schools. Still I’m more optimistic and I think the HS will be soon to follow.
Right now just certain grade school students (preK & cluster groups), but planning on more students in February. Tomorrow will be a telling day in respect to how many teachers show up to classrooms and the CTU response to CPS threat of “no show, no pay.”

What angers me the most - and my daughter is a senior at Warren, is that the school boards, districts and superintendents have had since March of last year to figure this out. MARCH! My daughter has not spent a day in school and the lazy ass narrative is that well we are following the health guidelines. Then the school has the balls to ask for support for a referendum to get more money to support “programs.” I’m sure we aren’t the only ones but it’s embarrassing on many levels. Theirs a way to do this if you want to REALLY WANT TO. Again kids have been the only adults in the room this far. They’ve done everything that’s been asked of them and don’t have a damn thing to show for it because the adults who are supposed to lead, have failed miserably.
On all of this, we can agree completely. I feel so bad for these kids having to put up with selfish adults.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
No one knows what the actual true numbers are. So many false positives that don’t go counted.

We all have our stories - my latest one is my boss tested positive before Hip replacement surgery. When he was told he was positive he said there’s no way that’s accurate. “I’m 62 and not healthy. If I had covid - I would know I have it. I’m not a healthy 20yr old.” He demanded to go get tested again. They re-tested him twice....tested negative both times. Never

How many times is this happening and people accept the test? Hundreds of thousands possibly??

I was in contact with a positive person so I went and got tested. 2 tests at the same time. My rapid test came back negative and the PCR Positive. Not a single sympton while I isolated from my family. I waited 5 weeks and got antibody test and it showed I did not have antibodies. All this while 4-5 Doctors and Nurse friends tell me the PCR is never wrong for a positive, blah blah blah.

Curious if you've had covid and didn't know it? Great way to find out if you have the antibody for covid is to donate blood. When you donate, they are required to test for the antibodies for covid. Plus there is a shortage of blood and your donation would help out. Google American Red Cross or Vitalant for donation centers.

Do something good plus find out if you had covid!

Curious if you've had covid and didn't know it? Great way to find out if you have the antibody for covid is to donate blood. When you donate, they are required to test for the antibodies for covid. Plus there is a shortage of blood and your donation would help out. Google American Red Cross or Vitalant for donation centers.

Do something good plus find out if you had covid!
I've also heard that. Also in Indiana, if you are interested in the vaccine, you can go to the hospitals that are administering it and ask if they have any left over (many people refuse to it and don't show up). If they do, they will give you the vaccine at the end of the day.

I've also heard that. Also in Indiana, if you are interested in the vaccine, you can go to the hospitals that are administering it and ask if they have any left over (many people refuse to it and don't show up). If they do, they will give you the vaccine at the end of the day.
You can also goto Marianos for the anitbody test they do them for $25. I did that one and hospital both negative.

Have you tried? I'd do this for sure.

Have you tried? I'd do this for sure.
I haven't heard specifically about Indiana, but we were in Florida after Christmas and there was a story on the news of a couple 30-ish year olds who happened to be in a pharmacy right at closing and they were offered the vaccine because they had a couple doses left and it wouldn't be good in the morning.

Reactions: missingwalter
I haven't heard specifically about Indiana, but we were in Florida after Christmas and there was a story on the news of a couple 30-ish year olds who happened to be in a pharmacy right at closing and they were offered the vaccine because they had a couple doses left and it wouldn't be good in the morning.
But if you get the first vaccine you must get the second one. So, hopefully a second dose was scheduled.

But if you get the first vaccine you must get the second one. So, hopefully a second dose was scheduled.
You need the second dose for "full coverage", but even with just 1 dose, I've seen an article about the Moderna one being 80-90% effective.

ADVERTISEMENT