ADVERTISEMENT

IHSA meeting recap with IDPH

You need the second dose for "full coverage", but even with just 1 dose, I've seen an article about the Moderna one being 80-90% effective.
No one knows anything long term yet. That includes "full coverage." But you are correct about Moderna...for now.

Guidelines provided by state and local jurisdictions to administer Covid-19 vaccinations in accordance with CDC guidelines.

Phase 1a
Healthcare workers
Residents of long-term care facilities
Select populations based on varied state guidelines

Phase 1b
People age 75+
Essential frontline workers (identified by the CDC)

Phase 1c
People ages 65-74
People ages 16-64 with chronic health conditions
Other essential workers

Phase 2
General population

Looks like I'm in that "general population" category unless I am in that "other essential workers" category. And that's fine with me. I can wait.

I was in contact with a positive person so I went and got tested. 2 tests at the same time. My rapid test came back negative and the PCR Positive. Not a single sympton while I isolated from my family. I waited 5 weeks and got antibody test and it showed I did not have antibodies. All this while 4-5 Doctors and Nurse friends tell me the PCR is never wrong for a positive, blah blah blah.

Did you have any symptoms? If not you most likely did not have Covid. Just because you came into contact doesn’t mean you got it.
If you had Covid you would know it. Just saying from experience.

Did you have any symptoms? If not you most likely did not have Covid. Just because you came into contact doesn’t mean you got it.
If you had Covid you would know it. Just saying from experience.
I had a positive test. But no symptoms.

I had a positive test. But no symptoms.

Their are what they call false positive tests. I had a co-worker test positive no symptoms only to retest negative. You may have not been positive. My bet is you didn’t have covid nor do you carry the antibodies.

While I like others joked that covid restrictions will lift after the election, it is interesting to see one week before inauguration that Cuomo says lockdowns don’t work and we need to open things up. Even Mayor Lori is now pressing to open up bars and restaurants. Will JB have a change in heart? I doubt it but we can hope.

While I like others joked that covid restrictions will lift after the election, it is interesting to see one week before inauguration that Cuomo says lockdowns don’t work and we need to open things up. Even Mayor Lori is now pressing to open up bars and restaurants. Will JB have a change in heart? I doubt it but we can hope.
I noticed the same thing. Isn't it ironic? Interesting that mayor Larry, (As Mancow calls her) is all of a sudden coming on board. No one is going to tell me this isn't and hasn't been political and used as a political weapon all along.

I noticed the same thing. Isn't it ironic? Interesting that mayor Larry, (As Mancow calls her) is all of a sudden coming on board. No one is going to tell me this isn't and hasn't been political and used as a political weapon all along.

When would have been the proper time to come around and not be political?

Post election.
I don’t know what the right time to change course was for those advocating perpetual lockdowns. However, two of the bigger local and state advocates of lockdowns (Cuomo and Lightfoot) doing substantial turnabouts anytime between November 4 and January 20 certainly invites plenty of criticism and vindication for those who claimed it was all political. Whether it’s true or not, here we are with them doing the turnabout at the exact time many expected them to.

I truly think JB will be the last one to come around.

Reactions: greatgig13
I don’t know what the right time to change course was for those advocating perpetual lockdowns. However, two of the bigger local and state advocates of lockdowns (Cuomo and Lightfoot) doing substantial turnabouts anytime between November 4 and January 20 certainly invites plenty of criticism and vindication for those who claimed it was all political. Whether it’s true or not, here we are with them doing the turnabout at the exact time many expected them to.

Especially curious timing when in terms of deaths, things are as bad as they have ever been nationwide, and New York is spiking. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it's happening, but there is definitely a lot going on for the political conspiracy crowd.

I would buy it if anything happening in Chicago ro New York would impact the election. Nothing done in either of those places was changing results. If anytihng with Biden now in charge lockdowns should becomes tighter with the eventual bailout coming.

I would buy it if anything happening in Chicago ro New York would impact the election. Nothing done in either of those places was changing results. If anytihng with Biden now in charge lockdowns should becomes tighter with the eventual bailout coming.
Well to avoid this thread getting run for politics, which inevitably always happens, I just wanted to say the change in attitude is interesting and leave it at that.

Reactions: Crispy Linnetta
Likely no bailout if they don't stay the course, House/Senate seats as well. They didn't let a good crisis go to waste.

Reactions: Googertys Dog
ADVERTISEMENT