ADVERTISEMENT

IC @ Naperville Central 2018

Naperville North played 4A Phillips in 2014/15 and got smoked, 40-7.
Naperville North was terrible that year (2-7) and Phillips had a really strong team loaded with D1 players. Not exactly your typical public league team... we got the worst draw possible with the DVC/CPL. I think they handle the Tigers too. At the time it was really embarrassing though. NC would kill IC, they will be tough in 2018.

Um...my sources (School AD and Coach) told me that this game was happening. I found out that it's not. I'm sorry for the confusion but I trusted people that would provide fact (NCHS). Probably a good thing...if Central Wins...everyone says they should have....if they lose...how do you lose to a school 1/10th you size. This is a no win for NCHS either way. But.....It's a win for NCHS and they need games, otherwise, they play they other four DVC Teams twice....sounds like St. Raph Football!

I think a lot of people would have liked to see that game. I would give a lot of kudos to IC for scheduling some tough opponents and as you say - all the remaining DVC teams don't have a lot of options as they need 5 non conference games in 2018!! I don't believe the DVC teams will play each other twice (I could be wrong though if they can't find enough non con games... but I think they will do everything they can including going out of state for multiple games if needed to avoid playing home and away with each DVC team in the same season).

Reactions: Gene K.
This is what a quality football program can do when they play in a "weak sauce" conference like the Metro Suburban. IC runs through their conference opponents like a hot knife through butter. So why not schedule Naperville Central (or similar school)?

I promise you this. If IC were in the CCL (like they should have been) they would not be entertaining games vs. 8A opponents because they would already have 8A opponents on their schedule - like it or not.

I think a lot of people would have liked to see that game. I would give a lot of kudos to IC for scheduling some tough opponents and as you say - all the remaining DVC teams don't have a lot of options as they need 5 non conference games in 2018!! I don't believe the DVC teams will play each other twice (I could be wrong though if they can't find enough non con games... but I think they will do everything they can including going out of state for multiple games if needed to avoid playing home and away with each DVC team in the same season).

In 2014 the DVC schools did play one team twice and that would be the easiest solution going forward. Out of state games are nice but they require a lot of work and to bring a team in from out of state you often have to pay. The last 5 remaining DVC schools should beg the Southwest Suburban Conference to take them in since I don't see any other conference those schools fit in with.

In 2014 the DVC schools did play one team twice and that would be the easiest solution going forward. Out of state games are nice but they require a lot of work and to bring a team in from out of state you often have to pay. The last 5 remaining DVC schools should beg the Southwest Suburban Conference to take them in since I don't see any other conference those schools fit in with.
Do the Thorns play paycheck games or are those only for CPS?

ADVERTISEMENT