ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Irma

Anyone know a free video stream of storm coverage??? would like to let my kids watch it today while they work

Amen. I'm beyond addicted, invested in what's going on. My wife's from and have a home in Ft. Lauderdale; plus just got my daughter home yesterday from the "U." Is crazy. Pray indeed. Thanks

Anyone know a free video stream of storm coverage??? would like to let my kids watch it today while they work
I have comcast and can watch the weather channel online through my comcast log in.

Amen. I'm beyond addicted, invested in what's going on. My wife's from and have a home in Ft. Lauderdale; plus just got my daughter home yesterday from the "U." Is crazy. Pray indeed. Thanks
Happy to hear your daughter is safe! I also have friends and family in that area. Sooo scary!

Reactions: myloson24
I have been watching the local news broadcast in Miami streaming live. It is pretty in depth. Lots of preparedness news. Local takes etc.

Yep it's going to hit my house down there directly...

My 85 year old parents lived in Sun city Center, FL for the past 23 years until last Thanksgiving when "we" shipped them a mile away from my sister in Marietta, "because it is was more convenient me (even with her mother in law in the same Del Webb community.) It costs my parents more to be in Georgia and they have less space, not nearly as good food, so I spend a bit on Uber Eats if the old man wants liver and onions.

But today, seeing what could happen to all of Florida, I'm glad my parents are out of the danger zone ... and that my sister might have been right once in her life. If she can find this online, she can know I said so.

My brother Coaches High School ball(with a guy from Joliet Catholic & one who played at St.Francis of Joliet) 5 mins from Orlando.They are hunkering down.I pray for all

Yep I'm in direct line on west coast of Florida...got a little uneasy feeling....makes me wish I still lived on the south side lol

Reactions: EdgyTim
My 88 year old dad has a double-wide trailer in Sarasota, spends the winter down there. Don't think he will have much to return to the way things are developing. The two worst hurricanes in US history hitting within days of each other makes this even more devastating. :(

Fortunately my dad left FT.myers this morning for PSL. He's safe now but scared about what he will or won't come home to. Prayers for all down there.

Looks like Key West just lost power. Our Father...

Well, if you insist on praying why don't you ask your god to stop being a dick and sending hurricanes like this. And, childhood cancer, tell him to knock it off with that shit.

Happy to hear your daughter is safe! I also have friends and family in that area. Sooo scary!

My mom lives in Sarasota, so I am watching intently and on the phone with her every couple of hours. She's got her house all boarded up, and when my parents retired down to FLA it was post Andrew so the house is built to the current hurricane standards...so hoping all will be OK. Local news is saying it should still be Cat 3 when it goes over Sarasota.

They retired down there in '94 and were side swiped by Charlie back in '04 when my dad was still alive, but in 23 years this is by far the worst hurricane the west coast of Florida has been.

I know some guys who are down in Fort Myers right now with a live video feed from the top of a parking deck and they're pretty much getting the brunt of it presently:

(Caveat: They have audio going. I'm one of those weirdos who chases tornadoes in the spring, as are the guys broadcasting..so some of the language may be NSFW and some may not like their fascination with a storm that can be so destructive)

https://stormtrack.org/irma/

It's decency - and you really don't know me or my beliefs.
For too long, it's been indecent to be critical of religious ideas. Those days are over. If there is a god, then the ideas can stand up to scrutiny. But, there is no god and the ideas don't stand up which makes people very uncomfortable. And, no I don't know your beliefs but I strongly suspect they are sympathetic to mainstream christianity.

ADVERTISEMENT