ADVERTISEMENT

How Good is Naz??

Wish ND got a shot at Naz this year. Clear advantage to the roadrunners in that matchup but ND has some real team speed and a strong D that could make it fun.

That was based on point of season. No one knew about the capability of LA in those first few weeks, but I'll say it now. LA is not that good this year.

Now before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I think LA beats Montini next week.
Lets not carried away with defending yourself. LOL. I was thinking at the beginning of the year that Loyola would have been the biggest challenge Montini faced this year and now it looks like Brother Rice. I understood your point on Naz beating an average Benet team and I totally agree that they are the front runner in 7A this year as of now.

Lets not carried away with defending yourself. LOL. I was thinking at the beginning of the year that Loyola would have been the biggest challenge Montini faced this year and now it looks like Brother Rice. I understood your point on Naz beating an average Benet team and I totally agree that they are the front runner in 7A this year as of now.

I’m thinking there is a very real chance Bronco pulls one out against LA! Wouldn’t that be awesome!!!? Their first year in the blue and they take down the Blue Bully of the last half decade or so?

I’m thinking there is a very real chance Bronco pulls one out against LA! Wouldn’t that be awesome!!!? Their first year in the blue and they take down the Blue Bully of the last half decade or so?
But the bully is very average

This and Montini is nowhere near Naz this year.

Yeah ok but that shouldn’t be any slight as not many teams are near where Naz is this year. I can probably count the teams that are on one hand - LWE, HF, BR, Batavia, ESL And I think I just ran out of teams even though I still have 5 fingers on the other hand to use.

Reactions: Gene K.
Voodoo: From what I seen on TV, I think Naz would give any of the teams you mentioned a good game and probably beat the majority of them at a neutral site. Have some doubt on LWE and ESL.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Voodoo: From what I seen on TV, I think Naz would give any of the teams you mentioned a good game and probably beat the majority of them at a neutral site. Have some doubt on LWE and ESL.
It will be awesome if we get to see the latter! Hopefully in the finals.

Yes! That would be “must see TV” thanksgiving day weekend! Perhaps would even warrant a trip to see it live as a casual fan.
Voodoo I invite you to take a break from WV and come to Naz and Marist and see Naz live 50 yard line or on the field in endzone if you prefer to be actually 2 yards from thr field

Hey Godfthr,

Tell Sister Terry to put his tickets and first order at the concession stand on my tab. Don’t forget to get him a beer or highball after the game too!

Voodoo I invite you to take a break from WV and come to Naz and Marist and see Naz live 50 yard line or on the field in endzone if you prefer to be actually 2 yards from thr field

If you're in let me know

Just looked up the date of the game - Friday October 5th correct? Geez that is Prarie Ridge and Homecoming! I think my wife would banish me to the basement if I missed those activities (plus I am highly interested to see what PR is about - if it was the Metea away game it would be a totally different thing)

Could I get a rain check? I’m expecting Naz to be the 1 seed or 2 seed again this year which means most likely you will have a home game in the Quarters against someone pretty good (maybe as good or possibly better than Marist!) Any chance I could come watch that match up? Many thanks again for the original invite!

Reactions: Gene K.
Just looked up the date of the game - Friday October 5th correct? Geez that is Prarie Ridge and Homecoming! I think my wife would banish me to the basement if I missed those activities (plus I am highly interested to see what PR is about - if it was the Metea away game it would be a totally different thing)

Could I get a rain check? I’m expecting Naz to be the 1 seed or 2 seed again this year which means most likely you will have a home game in the Quarters against someone pretty good (maybe as good or possibly better than Marist!) Any chance I could come watch that match up? Many thanks again for the original invite!
Anytime

athletes running around everywhere, D1 or D1AA receivers across the board, Offense line giving 4 seconds min against normal state of IL teams. Receivers getting huge separation and with an average QB they would be great, with JJ that much better. Oh then throw in a run game. Havent even talked about the same receivers playing D and shutting everyone down. Naz beats Batavia by more than 2 scores. If LWE is at full strength be a good game.

Reactions: Relist8
athletes running around everywhere, D1 or D1AA receivers across the board, Offense line giving 4 seconds min against normal state of IL teams. Receivers getting huge separation and with an average QB they would be great, with JJ that much better. Oh then throw in a run game. Havent even talked about the same receivers playing D and shutting everyone down. Naz beats Batavia by more than 2 scores. If LWE is at full strength be a good game.
You may be right.

But for some reason, I thought of this.

I'm not even sure what to reply with here. Benet isn't that good. Solid win by Naz, took care of biz. Maybe football isn't your thing?

I wholeheartedly agree. This game was over midway through the first half. Benet got exposed. Naz did what they had to, JJ was a player of the week, Love had 4 touchdowns, etc etc etc BUT I think we all expected a better game.

As fired up as Marist will be to beat Nazareth, the Roadrunners are going to be looking for some payback after last year. The team was embarrassed last year and IMO should look to reciprocate. A

Which area D-III teams could Naz beat?

LOL i know this is said in jest, BUT 7a is an absolute freak show of teams. Naz as the 1 seed (as it stands now) will have to go through it to be crowned. I for one don't know how well the current system is working? 5a is baron. 6a okay, 7a/8a blood bath. I guess it worked for all of the 5a teams that complained about Montini for all of those years? Thoughts?

LOL i know this is said in jest, BUT 7a is an absolute freak show of teams. Naz as the 1 seed (as it stands now) will have to go through it to be crowned. I for one don't know how well the current system is working? 5a is baron. 6a okay, 7a/8a blood bath. I guess it worked for all of the 5a teams that complained about Montini for all of those years? Thoughts?

Just how the IHSA wants it... cram as many of the best and/or private teams into as few classes as possible so that over the 8 classes as few perennial powers and private schools as possible come out on top.

Montini wins 5a easily

Just how the IHSA wants it... cram as many of the best and/or private teams into as few classes as possible so that over the 8 classes as few perennial powers and private schools as possible come out on top.

Unfortunately this is exactly correct. Let the bad guys beat up on each other in 7 & 8a and everyone else gets their rings in 1-6a. But did it really work? After 2 years of losing in 6a (after they went 14-0 and won it - whoops), Montini is back down to 5a where they are the clear favorite.

Unfortunately this is exactly correct. Let the bad guys beat up on each other in 7 & 8a and everyone else gets their rings in 1-6a. But did it really work? After 2 years of losing in 6a (after they went 14-0 and won it - whoops), Montini is back down to 5a where they are the clear favorite.

It’s not going to work well this year, first if Aurora Christian wins 1a they will probably undo the the rule of removing multiplier due to lack of playoff success.... by bumping iccp up to 4a they may get a private to usurp a public, montini could win 5a, idk how good sacred heart griffin is this year but by bumping them up and Nazareth up you could get a private sweep in 5a-6a-7a whereas they would all be 5a together if left alone.... luckily for ihsa LWE probably will take 8a. So it’s not out of the question a private could win 1a, 4a, 5a, 6a, 7a (like i said unsure about 6a). If they left private’s alone almost all perennial private contenders be sandwiched in 3a through 5a (except Marist and Loyola) but I think the 8a Public’s can fend for themselves just fine.

I'd love to see a private sweep, watch the board splode

For that perfect storm you need Aurora Christian to take 1a, Decatur st Theresa to be good enough to win 2a, need bishop mac to end up in 3a, iccp to take Rochester in 4a, montini 5a, providence or SHG in 6a, naz take 7a, brother rice be the real deal enough or Marist to knock off LWE (since we know it’s not Loyola this year).... that’s a lot of if’s.... and not all going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT