ADVERTISEMENT

How Good is Naz??

Find out in 2 weeks in the revenge game against Marist.

Should be a great one

Benet has been a nice game of smoke and mirrors. Naz is great, but let's not overstate the capability in Lisle.
I heard the same about LZ, then they lost to LF and people were dropping Naz. Now LZ beats Stevenson and I don’t know what to think because Edgy board convinced me they sucked. Naz beat an ok Benet team but you had to watch the game to understand it’s not about the score.

Saw the highlights on High School Lites, What I saw McCarthy looked amazing. Luke Stuckmeyer was gushing about the touchdown catches but every ball I saw him throw was perfect. I look forward to seeing more of him.

Super impressed by this performance. Benet is a very good team and very well coached. I also think the letter "N" freaks out The Benet Players...At least it has the past two weeks.

Probably the most impressive win I've seen this year in Highschool Football.

I heard the same about LZ, then they lost to LF and people were dropping Naz. Now LZ beats Stevenson and I don’t know what to think because Edgy board convinced me they sucked. Naz beat an ok Benet team but you had to watch the game to understand it’s not about the score.

I'll reiterate, this has nothing to do with the capability of Naz and everything to do with Benet not being what they appear to be. Reading is fundamental.

I'll reiterate, this has nothing to do with the capability of Naz and everything to do with Benet not being what they appear to be. Reading is fundamental.
I can read your point. It’s still a poor one. This game had everything to do with Naz.

I can read your point. It’s still a poor one. This game had everything to do with Naz.

I'm not even sure what to reply with here. Benet isn't that good. Solid win by Naz, took care of biz. Maybe football isn't your thing?

Reactions: Wassup13
I assume you are saying Naz isnt as good as I said they were. Good teams arent defined by one game.

So...what are you actually arguing?

Didn't Naz win 45-7 tonight? Are all you people smoking the good stuff tonight? Is this the Twilight Zone? WTactualF?

I assume you are saying Naz isnt as good as I said they were. Good teams arent defined by one game.

So...what are you actually arguing?

But to spell it out slowly for you LGP folk, Benet ain't much this year. Am I speaking clearly enough, or should I slow down and enunciate?

But yes, Naz 17 was beyond good, maybe top 5 in the state.

I think the point he was trying to make is Naz got clocked 42-0 by Marist last year but they were still a good team and made the title game and were just a few plays from winning it.

So (in theory) you can be a good team and lose 45-7 (or 42-0) in this case. The big caveat is the two teams are in different classifications from last years example and the game tonite were two teams in the same classification.

I thought he said Naz is excellent.

Benet isn't very good, haven't beat a good team yet this year.

At least that's how I broke it down

Thanks for the assist.

Naz 2017 was a decent team but not great. I thought I had them top 5 but went back and had them outside the top 10. So solid but not great.

Last edited:
Thanks for the assist. I've got Naz at 2 in the state and these guys still bust balls, The Insane Naz Posse rides again!
No posse yet. I think the point was why put a team down and say that they weren't even all that good. Benet did return more than half of back to back semi appearance teams. Nobody came on here and was touting BRs or MC win over Loyola wasnt a good win because LA is not good this year.

No posse yet. I think the point was why put a team down and say that they weren't even all that good. Benet did return more than half of back to back semi appearance teams. Nobody came on here and was touting BRs or MC win over Loyola wasnt a good win because LA is not good this year.

If you can let me know where I said it wasn't a good win I would appreciate the effort. I'll hang up and listen for my answer.

I took this as Benet isn't good. But let the "posse" guy answer.

My point is that Naz dismantled a very average team. This is no knock on Naz. They did what they needed to do and I would say they are the front runner in 7A. But make no mistake, this wasn't Naz beating Marist (which I think they will).

Benet is pretty average this year, so great win by Naz doing exactly what I expected them to do last night.

Nobody came on here and was touting BRs or MC win over Loyola wasnt a good win because LA is not good this year.

That was based on point of season. No one knew about the capability of LA in those first few weeks, but I'll say it now. LA is not that good this year.

Now before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, I think LA beats Montini next week.

Thanks for the assist.

Naz 2017 was a decent team but not great. I thought I had them top 5 but went back and had them outside the top 10. So solid but not great.
Lol

Aka my previous blanket statement about very good teams was wrong so I'll just rewrite history and make the very good 6A runner up from a year ago just a solid team.

Reactions: Coachbell88
And by the way - I think nearly everyone thinks Naz is a top 5 team in the state this year regardless of class.

That said - the Benet win is not a season defining type win in my mind and they still need to play the games in front of them (Ie Marist) and then some tough games in the playoffs.

I can pretty much guarantee ESL will not be quaking in their boots with the Naz speed or Naz defense and they will run into ESL at some point in the playoffs along with teams like Batavia. Lots of football left to play.

And by the way - I think nearly everyone thinks Naz is a top 5 team in the state this year regardless of class.

That said - the Benet win is not a season defining type win in my mind and they still need to play the games in front of them (Ie Marist) and then some tough games in the playoffs.

I can pretty much guarantee ESL will not be quaking in their boots with the Naz speed or Naz defense and they will run into ESL at some point in the playoffs along with teams like Batavia. Lots of football left to play.
Totally agreed. Lot to be excited for Naz fans, but lots of football left to play.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
My point is that Naz dismantled a very average team. This is no knock on Naz. They did what they needed to do and I would say they are the front runner in 7A. But make no mistake, this wasn't Naz beating Marist (which I think they will).

Benet is pretty average this year, so great win by Naz doing exactly what I expected them to do last night.
I really love how teams become average after Naz destroy them.

A few Naz chinks? They don't seem to have a guy who can get any depth on kickoffs. There is a big drop off at RB after the Devin Blakley loss. Other than that? Not much. McCarthy is much better than I would have guessed he'd be in the preaseason....very mobile and a strong, accurate arm. They have a fleet of playmakers he can throw to....Love, Evans etc. etc. The defense is lights out. Very fast and very physical. Good luck to the rest of 7A.

Reactions: dtlove3434
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT