ADVERTISEMENT

Homewood-Flossmoor

Well, @TigerforFlyers here's one suggesting that you need 4 D1 guys in the secondary to defend ESL.

WITH ME, It's the same dumb stuff over and over. Maybe since you disagree you can tell LHS that all those offers didn't mean anything to NV so he should hush on that.

I'll wait.

There, I fixed it for you.

What am I disagreeing with? How is his statement disproved?

Reactions: McEvergreen
There, I fixed it for you.

What am I disagreeing with?
So you have nothing to offer the thread.

Still waiting on you to tell me about guys like me like you were saying in the other thread. No longer have the courage?

Since this is a thread about H-F perhaps you can display your grand knowledge about football and explain to everyone why they were able to handle the loaded NV offense, where as ESL was not.

I'll wait.

Still waiting on you to tell me about guys like me like you were saying in the other thread. No longer have the courage?

Since this is a thread about H-F perhaps you can display your grand knowledge about football and explain to everyone why they were able to handle the loaded NV offense, where as ESL was not.

I'll wait.
Yes, YOU will.....

Sincerely, from one heart to another, comprehension isn’t your strong suit.

So according to you 3 D1 guys going to non P5 schools scorched the multiple D1 guys including P5 guys on the Flyers defense and you think this helps your argument. Amazing. Did any of the NV guys not going D1 do anything?

I mentioned Rodney Coe because he was a highly touted D1 guy who was not the best player on the field. He had the measurables though.

If you guys continue to use the D1 guys argument I will continue to show how they got torched by NV.

You are too funny guy. According me. When have I ever said D1 guys in High School is the answer. Now again you make it so easy.

ESL had 1 major D1 guy in the secondary (Antonio Johnson). Most of the kids with offers for ESL are on the offensive side of the ball. Unfortunately you wouldn't know that because of your inability to actually pay attention to anything other than your narrative. ESL has sent and graduated so many kids D1 that it's not a topic discussed locally. It's a standard. But don't let that interfere with your agenda.

Back to the point, ESL had AJ and the only other person in the secondary with a college offer is Appleton which is from Eastern Illinois. That being said, it wasn't shocking that those three had some success against ESL. They played a great game that day. It was fun to watch.

To bring it home, you mentioned that certain guys can be stopped in High School and use Jeff at MIAMI as an example. Jeff in High School could not be stopped by no one. Teams tried to cover him with two to three guys which opened up the run game. AJ from LWE is another example. Yes, great defense can make it very difficult however, special talents will always break through at least once a game. Most defensive coaches will be pleased with giving up 14 points are less in a championship game. If defense holds to 14 points, you have a real shot at winning the game.

Reactions: TigerforFlyers
Well, @TigerforFlyers here's one suggesting that you need 4 D1 guys in the secondary to defend ESL.

It's the same dumb stuff over and over. Maybe since you disagree you can tell LHS that all those offers didn't mean anything to NV so he should hush on that.

I'll wait.

Where did I suggest you need 4 D1 guys to defend ESL?? @Solid Snake Pliskin

Please explain.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me about guys like me.

Yeah, when a guy thinks Naperville Central was surprised by their schedule they have basically admitted they don't know anything about Illinois football. Everyone knew before week 1 it was probably the toughest schedule in the state. Well, not everyone, the people who specialize in Missouri football didn't.

90% of this people on this board picked ESL to go 7-2 in the preseason. Most people thought NC would be the top team in the state behind LWE. Now that the season has played out people want to pretend like they knew NC wouldn't make the playoffs or barely get in at 5-4. Don't worry, I look for the threads.

You are too funny guy. According me. When have I ever said D1 guys in High School is the answer. Now again you make it so easy.

ESL had 1 major D1 guy in the secondary (Antonio Johnson). Most of the kids with offers for ESL are on the offensive side of the ball. Unfortunately you wouldn't know that because of your inability to actually pay attention to anything other than your narrative. ESL has sent and graduated so many kids D1 that it's not a topic discussed locally. It's a standard. But don't let that interfere with your agenda.

Back to the point, ESL had AJ and the only other person in the secondary with a college offer is Appleton which is from Eastern Illinois. That being said, it wasn't shocking that those three had some success against ESL. They played a great game that day. It was fun to watch.

To bring it home, you mentioned that certain guys can be stopped in High School and use Jeff at MIAMI as an example. Jeff in High School could not be stopped by no one. Teams tried to cover him with two to three guys which opened up the run game. AJ from LWE is another example. Yes, great defense can make it very difficult however, special talents will always break through at least once a game. Most defensive coaches will be pleased with giving up 14 points are less in a championship game. If defense holds to 14 points, you have a real shot at winning the game.
Still just saying anything I see. The lies just never stop.

Lawaun Powell listed as a starter on offense and defense doesn't have major offers? His Hudl lists him as WR/CB and footage has him on defense and in coverage. Antonio Johnson makes two. Dylan Appleton is three.

When do the lies end when does the truth begin?

Still just saying anything I see. The lies just never stop.

Lawaun Powell listed as a starter on offense and defense doesn't have major offers? His Hudl lists him as WR/CB and footage has him on defense and in coverage. Antonio Johnson makes two. Dylan Appleton is three.

When do the lies end when does the truth begin?

Lewaun didn't play defense until week 8 but, please don't let that stop your agenda. He had a high ankle sprain going into the season. The DB's against NV was 6, 21, 16, 2 and 12. Hahahaha

I'll wait.

On second thought, I'll entertain you here specifically because apparently, you must have overlooked or more likely ignored the response elsewhere.

(ESL Defense only)

1. ESL played NV on a Friday night. Meaning, they took a 5 hour bus ride the day of the game to play them on a FRIDAY. What other team has done that this season?

2. Lawaun Powell was still healing, so he wasn't playing defense. You know the one (#1) that you saw sacking the quarterback in the playoffs and containing the edge against PR in the championship?

3. ESL played NV after having held no outdoor practices that week (there was a heat advisory in our area all week), meaning no scout teams, meaning not much preparation for them defensively.

4. ESL defense, the week prior to NV, played a shut-out against Trinity Catholic, a pretty good Missouri team. Therefore, IMO, they were a bit cocky.

5. ESL played NV on a grass field with turf shoes.

6. Friday night game 5 hours from home means that there were not many FLYER FANS in attendance, which we are a team known to travel well.

7. Most importantly, you do realize that ESL defeated NV don't you? Yes, NV almost came close to tying the game at the end, but the fact remains that they DID NOT.

Your fixation on the outcome of the ONLY close VICTORY of ESL's ALL SEASON only proves your true belief in how good ESL really was. Again, your hate for ESL runs deep.

The reason I have mentioned the NC game several times in response to your fixation with the NV game is because it was very similar in nature to the NV game; 5 hour bus ride the day of a Friday night regular season game. Again, who else has done it? Do you care to discuss the results of that game with the same fervor as you have NV?

Now, I'll wait..................

Last edited:
90% of this people on this board picked ESL to go 7-2 in the preseason. Most people thought NC would be the top team in the state behind LWE. Now that the season has played out people want to pretend like they knew NC wouldn't make the playoffs or barely get in at 5-4. Don't worry, I look for the threads.

Not buying that. Going into the year, most people believed that ESL was one of the top teams in the state. I dont understand playing the "no respect" card. There are 3 or 4 people on this board who are making all the noise about ESL not being a great team. The overwhelming majority of people are giving ESL the credit they deserve.

Not buying that. Going into the year, most people believed that ESL was one of the top teams in the state. I dont understand playing the "no respect" card. There are 3 or 4 people on this board who are making all the noise about ESL not being a great team. The overwhelming majority of people are giving ESL the credit they deserve.

I know and understand that however there were people in the beginning of the year before the first game said differently which is okay. They didn't know. Edgy put out an article saying until ESL win the big game up North. The preseason comments were fair and just. I am not saying anything was wrong with it. What I am saying is now that the season played out, everyone is saying they knew NC wouldn't make the playoffs and they knew ESL would put a running clock on them.

I don't get having normal conversation and taking it to a back poor me. ESL fans know that the majority of the board respects great football. We also feel that nothing should be giving and everything should be earned. None of that change the fact that most didn't know how good ESL was until it was proven which is fair. There were some predicting a Batavia win for the first game. Not many but some which is okay.

Reactions: USD24
I don't know who the 3 or 4 people are. They take exception to anyone questioning whether they were the best team. Then they respond with the lies like the one you pointed out. Then when those lies get pointed out they start talking about "people like you".

Here's how I would respond to me if I were them;

"I think my team was the best team in the state, however I recognize that our schedule makes it hard to make that case against others in the conversation, and we did not perform as well as we could have against the better teams on our schedule."

That's it. Instead we get excuses about grass, and bus trips, and bragging about running up the score on bad teams, lower than usual fan turn out for a game, overhyping opponents, referees, etc.

I don't know who the 3 or 4 people are. They take exception to anyone questioning whether they were the best team. Then they respond with the lies like the one you pointed out. Then when those lies get pointed out they start talking about "people like you".

"I think my team was the best team in the state, however I recognize that our schedule makes it hard to make that case against others in the conversation, and we did not perform as well as we could have against the better teams on our schedule."

That's it. Instead we get excuses about grass, and bus trips, and bragging about running up the score on bad teams, lower than usual fan turn out for a game, overhyping opponents, referees, etc.
I was waiting for a response from you as I engaged you directly. But you ducked......

@USD24 was actually referring to your loony ass (3 or 4 clowns) in his response to @LHSTigers94; not in any way agreeing with you.

But here you are trying to use his sensical comment as leverage for your asininely incessant narrative.

You asked a question and I answered assuming you were trying to make an apples to apples comparison between the ESL vs NV game and the HF vs NV game. I gave you some good contributing factors. You call them excuses. Excuses usually only come after a team looses; ESL has no need for them. I should have known better than to apply reasoning and logic with you. You’re starting to rub off on me.

Nonetheless, I digress.

Cataloged!!

Last edited:

Go to page 36 (State Hardest Schedule) and then get back with me.

90% of this people on this board picked ESL to go 7-2 in the preseason.
Now you have just proved that you are completely making sh@t up to complete your current agenda.

90% is NOT EVEN CLOSE to reality. I would be kind of surprised if there was more than ONE poster who was that delusional during the preseason.

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
Now you have just proved that you are completely making sh@t up to complete your current agenda.

90% is NOT EVEN CLOSE to reality. I would be kind of surprised if there was more than ONE poster who was that delusional during the preseason.

Okay. It’s not for me to argue. There was a preseason thread where most picked Batavia to win week one. Somehow that is me making stuff up so I get it. I will let it go because there is an agenda and it is not worth it for me. You can have it and I can be a loser. Please enjoy your holiday.

ADVERTISEMENT